ADVERTISEMENT

Real Test for Rudy and the offense

Almost like a little patience with a young QB is worth it sometimes, huh?
OK then, I'll admit I'm wrong if Kenny throws for over 20+TDs and 3500 yards and the team scores like 22 ppg next year, I'll be happy for Kenny and the Steelers, I want to be wrong very badly.

You’d think someone so obsessed with the Steelers would be smart enough to post on a Steeler message board. But then again we all know you aren’t very smart. 😎
I do and I post here too, because in college football I'm a hard-core devoted Pitt fan.

That’s hilarious. He played two of the worst defensive teams in the NFL and a second string Ravens team. The only QB that would have blown those games would be Mitch.

But I will say Mason definitely understood this was his absolute final chance at playing in the NFL and capitalized.
You say that yet they lost to 2 bad 2 win teams this year. You act like the Steelers are all that lol

I wouldn’t count on that long term
Apparently 31 other teams in free agency wasn’t sold on Mason either
Like Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, among a host of other QB’s team’s missed on. Gm’s aren’t infallible. Neither are coaches.

After having played awful defenses in Cinci and Seattle and the Ravens JV team the Steelers play a legit defense in a high stakes game

Will be interesting to see if the offense under Rudy is truly improved or if it was just a result of playing bad defenses and a disinterested Ravens team

Buffalo is middle of the pack rushing yards and top 10 in passing yards given up. My guess is they sell out to stop the run and put max pressure on Rudy As a result I think it’s going to be a long day for Rudy and we may see KP come in in relief
Pittsburgh put up the identical amount of yards and points last week versus the Ravens as Kenny did with Canada at OC and that was against the Ravens varsity team. The talking heads in Pittsburgh are like moths to a light.. The same guys who ripped Mason when he had his struggles are the same ones blowing him now, and not because his numbers are that much better/worse than Kenny’s but because it’s not Kenny.

Pittsburgh put up the identical amount of yards and points last week versus the Ravens as Kenny did with Canada at OC and that was against the Ravens varsity team. The talking heads in Pittsburgh are like moths to a light.. The same guys who ripped Mason when he had his struggles are the same ones blowing him now, and not because his numbers are that much better/worse than Kenny’s but because it’s not Kenny.

Rudolph’s efficiency given the weather and conditions was impressive, regardless of who they were playing.

I’m not ready to anoint Rudolph as the long term solution but what he was able to do over three games was impressive from stretching the field to his efficiency and lack of mistakes. These aren’t things KP has shown with any consistency.

If I’m the Steelers, I go into next season telling both guys they have an equal chance at the starting job. It won’t happen, given they refuse to list Rudolph as the QB1 for the playoffs. And because Mike Tomlin is the coach. But I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Rudolph land elsewhere, get the chance to start, and have a better 2024 than KP.

Like Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, among a host of other QB’s team’s missed on. Gm’s aren’t infallible. Neither are coaches.
Moon played for Houston for 9 seasons
Flutie’s career NFL stats are mid
So your point is - you think Mason is the next Doug flutie ?
okay
If he remotely approaches starting 68 games - your point will stand

Career NFL statistics
Passing attempts:2,151
Passing completions:1,177
Completion percentage:54.7%
TDINT:86–68
Passing yards:14,715
Passer rating:76.3
Rushing yards:1,634
Rushing touchdowns:10

Reactions: pittdan77
And he went to Canada before the NFL had the chance to draft him or he would have played many more seasons. Despite the numbers, Moon’s record as a starter in Houston was just above .500.
Warren moon was undrafted. There were no interest teams in drafting him. Even if he went to CFL that doesn’t prevent a team from drafting him. Just from signing him. There have been plenty of guys who were drafted to the play in the NFL who ultimately didn’t sign. I’m saying I do believe he could be like a warren moon type but even more so probably like a Kurt Warner. Mason was never given a full season with a training camp and 17 games in a row to face it adversity to see who he was has a starter. Mike Tomlin, deciding to bench him instead of playing him through his issues, robbed the Steelers of a true evaluation. That’s what I mean when I say Mike Tomlin sabotaged them. If you have a young quarterback, you have to realize there’s going to be games with they throw three interceptions or more. They might even play bad for an entire month. But you have to see how they deal with adversity and work through it to see if you have a guy who is a starter or a franchise guy or just not worthy of even being on the roster anymore. Mason never got that chance.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
I don't follow the Bills at all, so I don't know, but if Kenny throws for 37 TDs 4544 yards and rushes for 8 TDs his 3rd year like Allen did, all is forgiven extend his contract on the spot.
If you don’t follow the Bills at all why are you commenting? Allen looked terrible early in this season throwing picks.

As for the other guy claiming Rudolph had been “lightning it up”….? What? No he hasn’t holy shit.

Warren moon was undrafted. There were no interest teams in drafting him. Even if he went to CFL that doesn’t prevent a team from drafting him. Just from signing him.
Come on. Don't stretch your claims beyond reality to fit a narrative. He went to the CFL before he could get drafted. He was under contract up there and he wasn't going to get released. NFL teams don't waste draft picks on guys that aren't going to yield any returns. There's also that inconvenient detail about entering your name to be in the draft which Moon didn't do even though he went out and just smoked the CFL. And when he did decide to open himself up to the NFL, he did it as a free agent who teams were throwing money at to try to get him. Oilers paid the most. It's just ridiculous to act like the NFL didn't want him.

Mason was never given a full season with a training camp and 17 games in a row to face it adversity to see who he was has a starter. Mike Tomlin, deciding to bench him instead of playing him through his issues, robbed the Steelers of a true evaluation. That’s what I mean when I say Mike Tomlin sabotaged them. If you have a young quarterback, you have to realize there’s going to be games with they throw three interceptions or more. They might even play bad for an entire month. But you have to see how they deal with adversity and work through it to see if you have a guy who is a starter or a franchise guy or just not worthy of even being on the roster anymore. Mason never got that chance.
So Mike Tomlin is now sabotaging Kenny Pickett. I knew it.

Come on. Don't stretch your claims beyond reality to fit a narrative. He went to the CFL before he could get drafted. He was under contract up there and he wasn't going to get released. NFL teams don't waste draft picks on guys that aren't going to yield any returns. There's also that inconvenient detail about entering your name to be in the draft which Moon didn't do even though he went out and just smoked the CFL. And when he did decide to open himself up to the NFL, he did it as a free agent who teams were throwing money at to try to get him. Oilers paid the most. It's just ridiculous to act like the NFL didn't want him.
Didn’t he say that the scouts told him that they wanted him to be a wide receiver in the NFL? it wasn’t that in spite of him winning a lot of awards in college? And there are stories about guys being drafted to the NFL and never playing in NFL game because they did something else like play baseball or played basketball or just wanted to do something different. It happens a lot just because somebody signs it doesn’t prevent them from drafting them. Isn’t that how John Elway got where he got because he threatened to do something else?

If you don’t follow the Bills at all why are you commenting? Allen looked terrible early in this season throwing picks.

As for the other guy claiming Rudolph had been “lightning it up”….? What? No he hasn’t holy shit.
Let's see Kenny throw for 37 TDs and 4500 yards.

Rudy v. Ravens 2nd string... 17 points. Rudy v. a slightly above average D on a team that's playoff caliber and trying... 17 points. Not sure KP is the answer. Rudy clearly isn't. Rudy did well v. porous Ds of Cincy and especially Seahawks though.

Didn’t he say that the scouts told him that they wanted him to be a wide receiver in the NFL? it wasn’t that in spite of him winning a lot of awards in college? And there are stories about guys being drafted to the NFL and never playing in NFL game because they did something else like play baseball or played basketball or just wanted to do something different. It happens a lot just because somebody signs it doesn’t prevent them from drafting them. Isn’t that how John Elway got where he got because he threatened to do something else?
No. They didn't tell him he'd be a WR. The only fear was that he was the wrong color for a QB but the money was solid in Canada versus what he'd make if he slipped so he went for it. But he bailed way before the draft. And sure guys go elsewhere to play other sports but that doesn't mean the NFL didn't evaluate them properly. And just because you're drafted, you don't have to sign. That's why Elway held leverage. He was the rare guy that could play two sports. The NFL isn't missing on guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT