ADVERTISEMENT

Real Test for Rudy and the offense

@pittbb80 and then i read crap like this and just go completely on the Pro-Kenny side.
Why? It's not out of the question, I was a big Kenny fan, I was really happy they drafted him #1, but 24 games like he's played is more than I can take, other than 4th quarter come backs, he's done next to nothing in the first 3 quarters, watching most of his games is depressing, it's like getting your teeth pulled, I'm sorry, I don't have the patiencs most of you seem to have for his ultra slow development. After 18 years of Ben, I can't stand this inability to score TDs.

it's funny, you and i are saying 98% the same thing yet we are arguing. lol, it's weird.

I listen to this side and i get mad at Kenny and tear him down then i read one of Pitt79's 800 million posts bashing Kenny and i stick up for Kenny.

My quick summation. I am looking forward to seeing kenny play under a real OC next year. i truly dont think Mason would be ideal as our starting qb next year, i really dont. i think he would be a below avg starting qb and Kenny has the higher ceiling.

I truly do like Mason as a legit #2, a guy who can win you some games if needed. Which he has done. pissed that Tomlin didnt see it til it was almost too late.

regardless, i think we both agree and both are KP fans. truly hoping and praying he figures it out next year.
LOL I just totally disagree with the 2%.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
The only reason Rudolph is starting is because Pickett has missed the last 6 games in a row and it wouldn't be wise to throw him in now during the playoffs. Rudolph looks great now because of how terrible Mitch was.
Kenny just got the short end of the stick.
Rudolph is not better than Kenny, no matter how long you debate it.

After having played awful defenses in Cinci and Seattle and the Ravens JV team the Steelers play a legit defense in a high stakes game

Will be interesting to see if the offense under Rudy is truly improved or if it was just a result of playing bad defenses and a disinterested Ravens team

Buffalo is middle of the pack rushing yards and top 10 in passing yards given up. My guess is they sell out to stop the run and put max pressure on Rudy As a result I think it’s going to be a long day for Rudy and we may see KP come in in relief
Steelers steal another one and get the Ravens for the 3rd time this season the following week. The party will end there as I see two national championships coming from head coaches in the same family this year.

• Haha
Reactions: MorningCoffee13
The only reason Rudolph is starting is because Pickett has missed the last 6 games in a row and it wouldn't be wise to throw him in now during the playoffs. Rudolph looks great now because of how terrible Mitch was.
Rudolph is much better in one aspect and that's not bailing out of the pocket too quickly.

Correction:
Rudolph looks great now because of how terrible Mitch and Kenny where.

Would the line be more favorable to the Steelers if Kenny was starting? Explain why if you say yes?
Who the hell knows? The post was in reference to the Steelers offense at Buffalo with Rudolph under center.

Why are you obsessed with Kenny Pickett?

Reactions: FireballZ
Rudolph is much better in one aspect and that's not bailing out of the pocket too quickly.
True he stands there like a statue until the rush gets to him and fumbles the ball while being pile driven into the ground

I’m partially joking as he did hold on to the ball too long twice against the ravens

Reactions: DruidTM
I 've heard your an F'ing genius, you tell us yourself. so answer question and explain why? WITHOUT blaming anyone else for Kenny's performance. so explain to us if you would take Kenny over Tua, Hurts or Lawrence and tell us why?
Much higher salary hit on the cap for the same level of performance or worse.

The thing that is scary is this. Mason hasn’t played a game with first team reps since the Cleveland game to end the year. When he started in Detroit he got the notice literraly last minute and then when he took first team reps for Cincy Ben came back. He didn’t do any first team reps with the team all this offseason and in only 3 games of getting first team practice reps and time to prepare he has done a 112.7 rating. He is getting BETTER. He will continue to light teams up be cause much like Jordan Love and Josh Allen and Drew Brees he just needed time and experience. KP might also need this but Mason is going to outplay Kenny EVERYTIME NO MATTER WHO THE OC HAS LONG THE IDIOT COACH STOPS SHACKLING HIM.

The thing that is scary is this. Mason hasn’t played a game with first team reps since the Cleveland game to end the year. When he started in Detroit he got the notice literraly last minute and then when he took first team reps for Cincy Ben came back. He didn’t do any first team reps with the team all this offseason and in only 3 games of getting first team practice reps and time to prepare he has done a 112.7 rating. He is getting BETTER. He will continue to light teams up be cause much like Jordan Love and Josh Allen and Drew Brees he just needed time and experience. KP might also need this but Mason is going to outplay Kenny EVERYTIME NO MATTER WHO THE OC HAS LONG THE IDIOT COACH STOPS SHACKLING HIM.
I wouldn’t count on that long term
Apparently 31 other teams in free agency wasn’t sold on Mason either

That’s hilarious. He played two of the worst defensive teams in the NFL and a second string Ravens team. The only QB that would have blown those games would be Mitch.

But I will say Mason definitely understood this was his absolute final chance at playing in the NFL and capitalized.

No shit. Most of us are PITT alumni and you have to use spellcheck to spell it correctly.
I'm a Pitt alumni too, actually I have multiple degrees. And I'm not here to cheer for anybody just because they went to Pitt.

Much higher salary hit on the cap for the same level of performance or worse.
It's your fantasy that they wouldn't do better than Kenny, all 3 would have double the production easily. minimum.

It's your fantasy that they wouldn't do better than Kenny, all 3 would have double the production easily. minimum.

Lol. Just facts bro they are not lighting it up in offenses with far better OCs Wr and OLs and in your fantasy world somehow they’d magically turn the shit sandwich that is the Steelers offense into some world beater

Glad to help

Lol. Just facts bro they are not lighting it up in offenses with far better OCs Wr and OLs and in your fantasy world somehow they’d magically turn the shit sandwich that is the Steelers offense into some world beater

Glad to help
Who said lighting it up? Double what Kenny has done is only 12 TDs and 4000 yards, I/'d predict all 3 have 20 TDs and 3500 yards playing with the same offense as Kenny. Meaning more than 16ppg as a team, they average at least 20+. Some of you say that stats don't matter, let's say Kenny has a 15-18 TDs instead of 6, that's probably 7 replacing 3 (FG) on the scoreboard.

Who said lighting it up? Double what Kenny has done is only 12 TDs and 4000 yards, I/'d predict all 3 have 20 TDs and 3500 yards playing with the same offense as Kenny. Meaning more than 16ppg as a team, they average at least 20+. Some of you say that stats don't matter, let's say Kenny has a 15-18 TDs instead of 6, that's probably 7 replacing 3 (FG) on the scoreboard.
Oh really ?
This is a totally fresh take from you .
Novel and creative
dry out and stfu ya bore

Oh really ?
This is a totally fresh take from you .
Novel and creative
dry out and stfu ya bore
All true dumbass, stats matter, TDs, yards, throwing a TD pass on 3rd and 8 in the redzone is better than kicking a FG. go get the Kenny photo under your pillow and kiss it now :)

Ben threw for 22 TDs and 3700 yards as an immobile 40-year-old under the Canada offense and Canada play calling.

That's irrelevant to this conversation, the conversation is about regular season production, Kenny and Rudolph also have 0 playoff wins.
It’s not
The goal is championships , right ?

None of your other 3 have won a superbowl either .

Tua , Lawrence , and hurts teams all tanked to end the season -
With Trevor losing so much he masked jt

So very weird examples

Last game Kenny played he completed 70% of his passes the first half before injury and has the ball 12 inches from the goal line

It’s not

So very weird examples

Last game Kenny played he completed 70% of his passes the first half before injury and has the ball 12 inches from the goal line
Josh Allen hasn't won a championship, but he's still way above Kenny by a monstrous margin, I'd rather have him. Wouldn't you? Other than when a backup played in a Super Bowl when has a Super Bowl winner had a QB with 6 TDs the entire season?

You would have been screaming that the Bills needed to get rid of him (along with a lot of other goofs) after his second year.
I wouldn't have, his performance and production were good enough. Double Kenny's.

Right. Nobody was calling his third year "make or break".
I don't follow the Bills at all, so I don't know, but if Kenny throws for 37 TDs 4544 yards and rushes for 8 TDs his 3rd year like Allen did, all is forgiven extend his contract on the spot.

It’s not

So very weird examples

With talent around him that dosent come close to what those guys have not to mention OCs and HCs who play far less conservatively

I don't follow the Bills at all, so I don't know, but if Kenny throws for 37 TDs 4544 yards and rushes for 8 TDs his 3rd year like Allen did, all is forgiven extend his contract on the spot.
Josh Allen was the 7th overall pick
Pickett was the 20th
Of course Allen had a great 3rd year -
And has been his high water mark so for

Maybe the actual problem is you being such an obsessed weirdo

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Josh Allen was the 7th overall pick
Pickett was the 20th
Of course Allen had a great 3rd year -
And has been his high water mark so for

Maybe the actual problem is you being such an obsessed weirdo
I’d add that NO one and I mean NO one is comparing KP to Allen. KP doesn’t have near the raw talent that Allen has.

And very few have said KP is the definitive answer at Qb. There clearly are question marks. Most think it’s very possible to win championships with KP given he has talent around him. (OL and skill positions)

The Steelers offensive system is conservative so no one is putting up big numbers. Also they don’t have the WRs that Allen Hurts and Tua have.

Comparing what those guys do with the talent they have in the offensive system they are in is disingenuous at best. Only someone with an agenda and the Iq of Mark Madden would be making that argument

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Ben threw for 22 TDs and 3700 yards as an immobile 40-year-old under the Canada offense and Canada play calling.

Ben was a HOF QB. He threw the ball 605 times for 3740 yards that year. In his career, Kenny has thrown it 713 for 4474.

And we all knew that if Ben didn't like the play call, he changed it to whatever he wanted.

Now maybe pivot to some other weird false equivalence.

All true dumbass, stats matter, TDs, yards, throwing a TD pass on 3rd and 8 in the redzone is better than kicking a FG. go get the Kenny photo under your pillow and kiss it now :)
You’d think someone so obsessed with the Steelers would be smart enough to post on a Steeler message board. But then again we all know you aren’t very smart. 😎

Reactions: pierre93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT