ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Addison officially in the portal

Absolutely. I want to compete for a playoff and I don’t think the Addison loss impacts it significantly. It stings for sure but we have depth at the position. But if you want to talk about the long term ramifications and the state of college sports, then yeah this is catastrophic
Mentally Just pretend he went pro a year early

Reactions: pittmeister
No pretending. He did.
I mean he was gone soon anyway
Thanks for getting us a championship and the best football season in 40 years
he probably figured with a new qb , oc, and wr coach -
Why not live somewhere nicer and get paid

Pitt’s preseason ranking about to drop out of the top 25….because all idiot pollsters know is Kenny and Addison are gone.
Honestly I can't blame them. I think folks are underestimating how big an impact this will have on Pitt. I don't think we're nearly loaded enough at receiver that Pitt can suffer losing someone of Addison's caliber. He was the best player on Pitt's team last year.

I mean he was gone soon anyway
Thanks for getting us a championship and the best football season in 40 years
he probably figured with a new qb , oc, and wr coach -
Why not live somewhere nicer and get paid
Have you ever spent much time in LA? My wife is from Sherman Oaks, I got married out there. 20th Century Fox was a client along with Warner Bros. LA sucks. He will be a nobody in a land of stars and bigger insecure egos.

I don't hate the kid or anything but it will be fun rooting for someone else to win the Biletnikoff award next year.

I think people are overestimating how much he means to the team. He got open a lot because Pickett sold the play action or pump fake a lot. We are going to run more this year. It sucks to lose him and he's a great player...but it isn't the end of the world. The strength of this team in on both lines and the isn't going to change even if one or two linemen leave as well.

Have you ever spent much time in LA? My wife is from Sherman Oaks, I got married out there. 20th Century Fox was a client along with Warner Bros. LA sucks. He will be a nobody in a land of stars and bigger insecure egos.
Spent a week, the beach is awesome as is the weather
He wasn’t a somebody in pittsburgh , either .

I think people are overestimating how much he means to the team. He got open a lot because Pickett sold the play action or pump fake a lot. We are going to run more this year. It sucks to lose him and he's a great player...but it isn't the end of the world. The strength of this team in on both lines and the isn't going to change even if one or two linemen leave as well.

I think it's the exact opposite. The trickle-down effect when you command double teams or the opposing team's best defender is massive. And he pretty much won us that Virginia game by hinself.

Reactions: cashisking884
Honestly I can't blame them. I think folks are underestimating how big an impact this will have on Pitt. I don't think we're nearly loaded enough at receiver that Pitt can suffer losing someone of Addison's caliber. He was the best player on Pitt's team last year.

He played against MSU, Pickett didn't, what were the results and let me know if you still think he was the best player last year

2.5 million is a lot of money for one yr to a receiver who’s never replayed one down in your system . He’s good , but he’s not Larry Fitzgerald good . My bet is this number is way over inflated.

Is USC and their boosters so desperate to win football games that their going to bankroll an entire roster at the cost of 10’s of millions of dollars ?

How can anyone blame the kid for taking whatever sum of money that’s being offered . Who out there would stay at your current job for a similar gig in Ca. at many times the money .

This works both ways when a kids not good enough to contribute he’s encouraged to move on and no one cries for the kid , but when a kid can better his situation everyone cries for Pitt . Get over it this is the new normal .

2.5 million is a lot of money for one yr to a receiver who’s never replayed one down in your system . He’s good , but he’s not Larry Fitzgerald good . My bet is this number is way over inflated.

Is USC and their boosters so desperate to win football games that their going to bankroll an entire roster at the cost of 10’s of millions of dollars ?

How can anyone blame the kid for taking whatever sum of money that’s being offered . Who out there would stay at your current job for a similar gig in Ca. at many times the money .

This works both ways when a kids not good enough to contribute he’s encouraged to move on and no one cries for the kid , but when a kid can better his situation everyone cries for Pitt . Get over it this is the new normal .

true, but blatantly tampering and reaching out to someone on a roster is different than just going in the portal to test the waters.

“Is USC and their boosters so desperate to win football games that their going to bankroll an entire roster at the cost of 10’s of millions of dollars ?”

let me answer that… Yes.

it’s pretty obvious and sad.

Konata mumpfield is the real deal, one interchangeable part is receiver. My fear is that Jordan gets lost behind three other receivers at usc once there and doesn’t make his money in the draft. I got attacked for that earlier. It’s been a bad night for me with Pitt. Everytime I post, I get attacked. When I was in the locker room at the blue gold game and gave an assessment, I was attacked,. I proMise to keep giving to Pitt but never post here again
I share your concerns about his career. But I think he fears not making it in the NFL. He’s small and he is not a physical specimen. If you look at NFL re rivers they are built to take and deliver blows.
Addison is not.

I am concerned about the tampering thing. Although I'm not surprised this is the way it went for Addison. Because Narduzzi has said if you enter the portal you can't come back. You are basically dead to the program if you sign those papers. I understand the mentality but I think he's going to have to change that philosophy or he will end up losing a lot of good players. But you know what? Maybe that's better in the end. Maybe its better to build a program with kids who are superstars but grow into them as upperclassmen. Who knows?

Konata mumpfield is the real deal, one interchangeable part is receiver. My fear is that Jordan gets lost behind three other receivers at usc once there and doesn’t make his money in the draft. I got attacked for that earlier. It’s been a bad night for me with Pitt. Everytime I post, I get attacked. When I was in the locker room at the blue gold game and gave an assessment, I was attacked,. I proMise to keep giving to Pitt but never post here again

Attacked? Lol that's funny. How does one get attacked on a message board? Keep posting or not but realize you are the reason not others.

Personally, I appreciated your comments.

Last edited:
He played against MSU, Pickett didn't, what were the results and let me know if you still think he was the best player last year
He had a damn good game considering the third string QB was throwing to him. Take him out against Virginia and Pickett’s pass is intercepted and Pitt doesn’t win the coastal.

Look at Picketts 12 years at Pitt before Addison and compare them to the 2 Addison was here. It is ok to root against him but don't kid yourself about his talent level.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Even if they matched the money, how is he going to go back into that locker room after this shit has been aired out in public. Thankfully we got a good one in Mumpfield and Wayne is back. Hope the team rallies around this and takes it out in the weight room all off season and on WVU on 9/1.
Here’s how he’ll go back into that locker room:

71gZuYgo5-L._AC_UL1410_.jpg

As an adult I agree. I wouldn’t wanna live there ever. But living there as a college kid is a completely different animal.
My in-laws went to UCLA wife to Cal her cousins USC. UCLA empties on the weekend Cal has a true college life. USC isn’t called University of Spoiled Children for nothing. The Cal students wave their wallets at them. He went from being a Pittsburgh hero to a LA nothing. I wish him well and personally I think Pitt will be okay.

Reactions: singregardless
I share your concerns about his career. But I think he fears not making it in the NFL. He’s small and he is not a physical specimen. If you look at NFL re rivers they are built to take and deliver blows.
Addison is not.
They really aren’t that built. Some of the top draft picks in recent years are frail by NFL standards. Addison is still a top 3 receiver entering next year.

I think LA will suck a lot less for Addison than it did for you bro.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach and 4382
“Is USC and their boosters so desperate to win football games that their going to bankroll an entire roster at the cost of 10’s of millions of dollars ?”

let me answer that… Yes.

it’s pretty obvious and sad.
Indeed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT