ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT: The SEC & Big Ten are looking to each have 4 automatic bids to the playoff when the next contract begins in 2026, per @CFBHeather

We're literally sitting here talking about how the Big2 are squeezing the other conference out of playoff spots. Of course it's going to happen.
The current version and structure of college football will not last past 2031. Everything being discussed right now is about the next 6 to 7 years and then massive changes will come.

I never said anything about a share of the revenue, it is not going to be equal and conferences are still going to exsist, but they are not going to cut teams out of the top level of college football. They may make the cost so high that programs choose not to compete but it will be up to each school.
Washington st and Oregon state would like a word

Reactions: pittdan77
My favorite thing though is the big and sec are saying they are doing this for”what is best for college athletics”. No you’re not. You are doing what is best for you and best for football, damn everything else. Just be up front.

I guess you could argue there's strength in numbers from a negotiation power standpoint regarding the CFP structure, but I tend to agree with you. Financially, I don't think you'd increase the per school TV payout.
I mean the only play all the other non SEC schools have is to kick out the Big 10 and SEC teams from all sports on their schedule. Have the NCAA hockey kick out teams, Wrestling, baseball and yes basketball, just don't play them or schedule them. That's not going to happen.

My favorite thing though is the big and sec are saying they are doing this for”what is best for college athletics”. No you’re not. You are doing what is best for you and best for football, damn everything else. Just be up front.
They should run for office. I don't mind when entities lie like this. That's what they do. Same with politicians. It bothers me when they don't get called out on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT