ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes

4Mark_Marty

Heisman Winner
Sep 11, 2016
Should have called a TO during the Purdue run after they scored a quick four points.

It seems like Barnes recruits athletes and not Shooters. Yes Knecht is unbelievable but it was somewhat lucky he landed him. Nobody could of predicted how good he was at this level. It just seems every year they are a top 25 team but nothing elite about them. Knecht needed help today and they had nobody step up.

I agree very good coach it just always seems he is a few shooters short. It didn't help that knecht had little help today and Ziegler was bad.

The Texas final four team was elite.

I wasn't scoffing at Barnes. I think he is a very good coach. Probably the opposite, he gets more out of his teams than most do.

It seems like Barnes recruits athletes and not Shooters. Yes Knecht is unbelievable but it was somewhat lucky he landed him. Nobody could of predicted how good he was at this level. It just seems every year they are a top 25 team but nothing elite about them. Knecht needed help today and they had nobody step up.

Purdue didn't a lot from their shooters either.

Barnes recruits shooters. They just didn't get a lot from them yesterday. JJJ & Gainey knocked down some open shots, but Ziegler had a horrible night and Vescovi was a no show. Vescovi hasn't seemed comfortable in his role since Knecht arrived.

He didn't really luck our on Knecht. They knew what they were getting. He's by far the highest paid guy on roster. (The next is a freshman - Freddie Dilione - who I hear they are probably going to let him walk). They are really trying to get Chaz Lanier from North Florida for next year. We'll see how that works out.

It’s shocking to me how many Pitt fans can still scoff at a guy like Barnes (or others). Tough crowd. He’s an elite HOF coach lol. Who do they want coaching their team? Adolph Rupp?
Not scoffing. Just curious why he didn’t call a time out during Purdues run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT