ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Gallagher having himself a nice season

They seriously paid an unproven high school talent that plays a position other than QB that type of money and he didn't play? Is that for one year or over four years?

Not sure how many years its for. My guess is that its for his freshman year then you renegotiate. Quinton Martin is getting 500K/year.

a recent (in last 10 years) player in the wpial was given an entrance exam to qualify at pitt, he was given an exemption that he could take it in the same room with an "advisor" this was well after the initial clearinghouse process. something that no high school kid could do unless they were designated with a learning disability.

it happens, a lot. pitt bent over backwards to get him "eligible" which they did and well it worked out, then it didnt.
This definitely happened. The kid was kicked off the track team and couldn’t pass a class. He was pencil whipped. He just didn’t have anything academically and it translated to his playing time as he just couldn’t understand complex offenses

a recent (in last 10 years) player in the wpial was given an entrance exam to qualify at pitt, he was given an exemption that he could take it in the same room with an "advisor" this was well after the initial clearinghouse process. something that no high school kid could do unless they were designated with a learning disability.
you said this was after the initial clearinghouse process. My question was he initially denied eligibility either via low GPA/SAT/ACT scores or not passing the NCAA approved courses and taking an "entrance exam" at PITT would by bypass the NCAA eligibility criteria?

Or, was he deemed eligible through the clearinghouse but still had to take an "entrance exam" at PITT in order to be accepted and enroll at PITT?

So you're saying he was denied eligibility through the NCAA but he had to take an entrance exam at Alabama due to his learning disability?
All I know is the set up was witnessed by a friend with impeccable character who is in a position to know without a doubt that this happened. I’ll get the details when I see this friend.

All I know is the set up was witnessed by a friend with impeccable character who is in a position to know without a doubt that this happened. I’ll get the details when I see this friend.
I just don't know how one can bypass the NCAA requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT