ADVERTISEMENT

Rooney Should Pad Lock Steelers Office

bayardstreet

All American
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2016
just leave a note on the front door for Coach Tomlin. Hey guys, please work from the next few days while I ponder your future with the Steelers.

Reactions: W1np1tt
just leave a note on the front door for Coach Tomlin. Hey guys, please work from the next few days while I ponder your future with the Steelers.

Forget QB for a second, how many NFL teams have worse offensive talent at the other 10 positions? There's just no talent. And Pickett isnt good enough to win games on his own.

Reactions: jctrack
Forget QB for a second, how many NFL teams have worse offensive talent at the other 10 positions? There's just no talent. And Pickett isnt good enough to win games on his own.
You really think that the Steelers have no talent? I think the Steelers have good offensive talent. It’s just that their quarterback does not get the ball in those guys hands often enough. Period.

You really think that the Steelers have no talent? I think the Steelers have good offensive talent. It’s just that their quarterback does not get the ball in those guys hands often enough. Period.
No, they don’t. They have a smattering of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Jones, Warren, Freiermuth are the only players that would start elsewhere.

Pickens and Johnson are head cases that would be sitting on the bench if there was an alternative.

The OL is a mess.

There is no depth.

They need to dump Johnson and maybe Pickens and try to pick up WRs who are good teammates. Just bring AB back if you want an asshole WR.

Reactions: 303vND
That looks very bad (and don’t get me wrong, it is) but I think there is a question that arises from it as well.

What route is Friermuth running? It looks like Kenny could throw him open if his route is to the right even with the pressure. If I recall correctly Kenny didn’t pull the trigger though.

Again, I’m not sure what route Muth was running so it is hard to say if Kenny should have just thrown it or not, but that seems to be the kind of “anticipatory” throw that the talking heads say he doesn’t make.

I see below average talent--especially on offense--in comparison to other NFL teams. Who do you consider "good" on offense? Maybe Warren and Pickens, and I'm saying that in a purely physical skill set sense, those two might lack strong leadership skills or are simply too young to be true leaders to pick-up the rest of the offense so that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. IMO everyone else on O is average or worse.

Last edited:
We just don’t know. I keep hearing how good Pickens is, but how do we know he isn’t just as mediocre as the rest of them? How do we know he isn’t also part of the problem? Yeah he’s a freak and he’s talented. But I’ve seen plenty of talented freaks who don’t do the little things required in order to be great.

The #1 Tomlin defense is always that he goes .500 or better with a roster that is bereft of talent.

It's almost as if a coach who has been here for 15 years might be a tiny bit responsible for the level of talent on this roster.

Art is just as guilty in this mess as Tomlin is. The “Steeler way” is a relic and simply doesn’t work in this era. Traditional sports organizations that value consistency are likely to put up with more losing. Progressive sports organizations see a problem and move to fix it. The Steelers and Pitt fall into the traditional sports organization. The problem is, in traditional sports organizations they are slow to react to obvious problems and are resistant to change. So, consistently breeds mediocrity.

Kenny’s mediocre play this year has actually masked how poor almost every other phase of the Steelers actually is.

O-line is HORRENDOUS. Defense cannot tackle. The entire team is UNDISCIPLINED.

Kenny’s mediocre play this year has actually masked how poor almost every other phase of the Steelers actually is.

I love how trai Essex tweets out (from an offensive lineman perspective) that Kenny can’t read a blitz, and he gets 100’s of yinzers agreeing with him.

Forget about holding a piss poor pass blocking line accountable for what they are!

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be an obvious trajectory to any of this. Like what is solidified right now? If you told me we are drafting a NT, or a DE, or a CB, or a S, or a MLB, or a C, or a T, or a QB, or a WR in the first round, I wouldn't think it was all that far-fetched.

THIS!

Everybody wants to blame Kenny as if he’s the only problem. The whole team stinks including the coaching.

And one more thing… I’m sick of the local press and pundits wiping Kevin Colbert’s ass. He’s as much to blame for this mess as anyone.

This past year was the best draft the team has had top to bottom in a long time. That should tell you something.

1. OT Broderick Jones (Georgia)
2. CB Joey Porter Jr. (Penn State)
2. IDL Keeanu Benton (Wisconsin)
3. TE Darnell Washington (Georgia)
4. OLB Nick Herbig (Wisconsin)
7. CB Cory Trice Jr. (Purdue)
7. OG Spencer Anderson (Maryland)

Last edited:
Pickett should have been a 4th or 5th round pick. He's not what his 5th year showed, it's what the first 4 showed. If he played for SF I truly believe he wouldn't be doing what Purdy is doing, he just doesn't have it.

And yes, I'm sick of hearing from Steelers fans, "we have so much talent"., no we don't.

Art is just as guilty in this mess as Tomlin is. The “Steeler way” is a relic and simply doesn’t work in this era. Traditional sports organizations that value consistency are likely to put up with more losing. Progressive sports organizations see a problem and move to fix it. The Steelers and Pitt fall into the traditional sports organization. The problem is, in traditional sports organizations they are slow to react to obvious problems and are resistant to change. So, consistently breeds mediocrity.
And the Steelers Change-PHOBIA is bordering on extreme mental illness. It's like autistic or something, like Rainman, can't change coach ever, must have conservative running offense, defense first, control clock, 10am, time for Wapner.

No, they don’t. They have a smattering of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Jones, Warren, Freiermuth are the only players that would start elsewhere.

Pickens and Johnson are head cases that would be sitting on the bench if there was an alternative.

The OL is a mess.

There is no depth.
Wow. The issue has been since Haley left, scheme. George Pickens is an All pro if he is with a functional OC and QB. If Todd Haley was here this offense is a top 5 offense and Johnson,Pickens and Muth are top 5 at their position. A bad scheme makes everyone look bad and makes regression a common thing. You misevaluate players in a bad scheme and ( see Josh Dobbs, Gino Smith, Tommy Maddox, etc ) and

We just don’t know. I keep hearing how good Pickens is, but how do we know he isn’t just as mediocre as the rest of them? How do we know he isn’t also part of the problem? Yeah he’s a freak and he’s talented. But I’ve seen plenty of talented freaks who don’t do the little things required in order to be great.
yeah, i keep hearing this too. wonder where it's coming from because im not seeing it.. If he was 1/2 the WR people claims he is, he'd have more than 44 catches in 12 games.

yeah, i've heard about the one handed catches in august at latrobe wearing shorts, sounds great and all but not really helping us during an actual game..

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
yeah, i keep hearing this too. wonder where it's coming from because im not seeing it.. If he was 1/2 the WR people claims he is, he'd have more than 44 catches in 12 games.

yeah, i've heard about the one handed catches in august at latrobe wearing shorts, sounds great and all but not really helping us during an actual game..
I mean he could be. I guess the all 22 film would give better perspective. And people in stadium might have better perspective too. I don’t attend games. And I do know of a handful of throws Kenny has missed, but all QBs miss throws. But I’ve also seen 2-3 TD plays that Pickens failed to make during the season that he allegedly made every day in camp.

I mean he could be. I guess the all 22 film would give better perspective. And people in stadium might have better perspective too. I don’t attend games. And I do know of a handful of throws Kenny has missed, but all QBs miss throws. But I’ve also seen 2-3 TD plays that Pickens failed to make during the season that he allegedly made every day in camp.
he cant run a pattern to save his life. there is a reason his only routes are sidelines and it's nothing to do with Canada's offense.

but yeah, we get a highlight catch once every other game and ask ourselves "what if". great..

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
he cant run a pattern to save his life. there is a reason his only routes are sidelines and it's nothing to do with Canada's offense.

but yeah, we get a highlight catch once every other game and ask ourselves "what if". great..
If you exclude the slants

He blocks amazing well and plays with an edge
He’s Hines Ward with more size and speed
Not sure what other “little “ things you are looking for

You don’t cut bait on a talented dude on a rookie contract

He blocks amazing well and plays with an edge
He’s Hines Ward with more size and speed
Not sure what other “little “ things you are looking for

You don’t cut bait on a talented dude on a rookie contract
he's not even in the same conversation as Hines Ward with regards to blocking. He has the intelligence mental capabilities comparable to a pile of mud.

but i agree, you dont cut a wr on a rookie contract, especially when you dont have anyone else. what's frustrating is i do believe he has the talent to be a good player in this league, but doesnt appear to have the brains or desire to succeed..

he is martavis bryant version 2.0 and we'll be asking "What if."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT