G/F William Jeffress
F Nate Santos
F Noah Collier
F Daniel Oladapo
C Max Amadasun

• Uncertain
F Justin Champagnie
F John Hugely

So far they’ve filled the holes left by Gerald Drumgoole (Santos) and Abdoul Karim Coulibaly (Oladapo). A few more needs that I would like to see filled:
- C. Obviously this hinges on Efton Reid committing and/or Hugely returning.
- SF. Right now the likely options are Champagnie sliding down to the 3 with Oladapo playing PF (if Champagnie stays) or Jeffress getting minutes. Someone like Aundre Hyatt, who Pitt has been linked to, would be a nice addition.
- (P)G. One more guard would be nice, preferably a point guard. Right now there appears to be a three-man guard rotation of Odukale, Sibande, and Horton. If Odukale and Sibande are out, who would handle the ball? If they can’t fill this need, perhaps they have one of either Odukale or Sibande on the floor at all times? PG Jamarius Burton has committed.

Does anyone else see things differently? Any other names being floated around that may be an option? Slowly but surely, the roster appears to be coming together. H2P.

Last edited:
• For certain
G Femi Odukale
G Nike Sibande
G Ithiel Horton
G/F William Jeffress
F Nate Santos
F Noah Collier
F Daniel Oladapo
C Max Amadasun

• Uncertain
F Justin Champagnie
F John Hugely

So far they’ve filled the holes left by Gerald Drumgoole (Santos) and Abdoul Karim Coulibaly (Oladapo). A few more needs that I would like to see filled:
- C. Obviously this hinges on Efton Reid committing and/or Hugely returning.
- SF. Right now the likely options are Champagnie sliding down to the 3 with Oladapo playing PF (if Champagnie stays) or Jeffress getting minutes. Someone like Aundre Hyatt, who Pitt has been linked to, would be a nice addition.
- (P)G. One more guard would be nice, preferably a point guard. Right now there appears to be a three-man guard rotation of Odukale, Sibande, and Horton. If Odukale and Sibande are out, who would handle the ball? If they can’t fill this need, perhaps they have one of either Odukale or Sibande on the floor at all times?

Does anyone else see things differently? Any other names being floated around that may be an option? Slowly but surely, the roster appears to be coming together. H2P.

Haven’t seen too much about him either way for a few weeks. Seems like he checks off a bunch of boxes.
The kid would be great if he accepts backup minutes.

Can handle and distribute the ball. Makes free throws.

Box scores seem to indicate Doubt that he can be an effective scorer at this level.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The kid would be great if he accepts backup minutes.

Can handle and distribute the ball. Makes free throws.

Box scores seem to indicate Doubt that he can be an effective scorer at this level.
The “third best returning three-point shooter” stood out to me as well. Would love to have another perimeter threat coming off the bench.

Cornwall would be ok if he would accept his role and be a 3 point shooter.

I'm still not convinced Burton is a PG. We could still use a true PG on the roster, but it may be hard convincing one to come with Femi.

True center is always a need but they don't grow on trees. I'd be fine if they went out and got another elite forward.

I don't know what the biggest need is, but depending on how the staff views views Burton they need another PG or wing and then another big, probably a 4 given how rare true 5s are these days.

Looks like 8 scholarships committed so far. Nike doesn't count as he gets his COVID year. Depending on Champ and Hugley we have 3-5 left to use.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT