ADVERTISEMENT

Rudolph just threw an 85 yd TD to Washington

And yet TCU is winning. They were 6-7 last year. College football can be so volatile year to year, and we really are on the horrible side in terms of the volatility.

And TCU is currently winning 20-7.

OSU currently with 7 points and a little over 7 min. left in 1st half.

They are in big trouble after that bogus TD call. Can't get Kenny freaking Hill off the field.

Call me crazy but I'm not that huge on gundy as a gameday coach. He recruits great, they might have the most talented team in the country. But the loss that was really a win against Central Mich. last year could've easily been avoided altogether. And not that TCU is inferior to them by any means, but they're winning because they're outcoaching OK St. Gundy has a great system and is a very good recruiter, while Patterson is a true coaching genius.

Patterson one of those guys who when he has a bad year you can al last guantee that adjustments will be made and they will come back better the next season. He's really good.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
This board was all over OSU being a playoff team. Well, that talk lasted all of one week. I know some on this board may not believe this, but other teams can devise a gameplan to stop a passing offense. True story.

Our defensive coaches are all idiots. Narduzzi better pull his head out of his butt real quick. He's safe for a couple more years here but his stock is shot. If he gets canned by us, he'll end up coaching DB's at Youngstown State.

Call me crazy but I'm not that huge on gundy as a gameday coach. He recruits great, they might have the most talented team in the country. But the loss that was really a win against Central Mich. last year could've easily been avoided altogether. And not that TCU is inferior to them by any means, but they're winning because they're outcoaching OK St. Gundy has a great system and is a very good recruiter, while Patterson is a true coaching genius.
o_O Gundy is now 4-2 against that "true coaching genius."

o_O Gundy is now 4-2 against that "true coaching genius."
With far superior talent. Not that TCU doesn't have talent, but the big 12 is probably the best conference in America this year, and most years still one of the top couple. TCU is not a traditional power and is a former mid major. I really believe Rudolph is a top 2 qb in the country and Washington is by far the best wide receiver, that team is absolutely loaded. Those guys were there last year, before that they had Blackmon and weeden. Ok State wins because gundy recruits phenomenal talents, TCU wins because Patterson is an outstanding game day coach.

With far superior talent. Not that TCU doesn't have talent, but the big 12 is probably the best conference in America this year, and most years still one of the top couple. TCU is not a traditional power and is a former mid major. I really believe Rudolph is a top 2 qb in the country and Washington is by far the best wide receiver, that team is absolutely loaded. Those guys were there last year, before that they had Blackmon and weeden. Ok State wins because gundy recruits phenomenal talents, TCU wins because Patterson is an outstanding game day coach.
Wrong.

TCU's roster is littered with players (especially from the DFW area)that OSU recruited, but chose TCU instead. Ranthony Texada comes immediately to mind.

Gundy is a far better Xs and Os guy than he is a recruiter. You really are just talking out of some other orrifice.

Wrong.

TCU's roster is littered with players (especially from the DFW area)that OSU recruited, but chose TCU instead. Ranthony Texada comes immediately to mind.

Gundy is a far better Xs and Os guy than he is a recruiter. You really are just talking out of some other orrifice.
Is ranthony Texada quite possibly one of the best players in the nation? Ok State in more than a couple years could have made the case as the most talented team in the country, TCU while still having a lot of great talent could not. And yes gundy runs a great system, but the central Michigan loss last year that really wasn't a loss, that's all avoided with a better coaching decision, although there's no way to predict the refs botching the rule.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have gundy coaching my team. But Gary Patterson made TCU a team that competed on the national level while still a mid major. And this year, TCU has a ton of talent, they don't have a heisman contending qb and the best receiver the NCAA has seen in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT