ADVERTISEMENT

Scrap to UCLA

I would think that recruiting will be a problem for him since:
1) he has zero CA connections, and
2) outside of the bubble of central PA, a lot of people's opinions are such that his association with Paterno and Sundusky will cause them to avoid even shaking his hand.

Re: Did Bradley Have Recruiting Violations That Help Put WVU On Probation?

WVU with great fanfare especially Oliver Luck on hiring Bradley as Associate Coach, and many thought if Holgorsen would not work out, Bradley may be named the next Head Coach? Now all of sudden Bradley with deep roots in Pennsylvania, East Region, and Big Ten is all of a sudden heading way out West to UCLA??????

Of course, just like that Newspaper "The Daily Planet" that hired Clark Kent and Superman and all those Investigator Reporters that worked with him, could not figure out Superman Identity and certainly has to be the dumbest Journalists in the History of the World in fiction comic books? T

he same can be said for Ron Cook on his relationship with Joseph Vincent Paterno, Gerry Sandusky and Tom Bradley?

I mean I posted an Old Ron Cook's Article a few weeks ago on Joe Paterno and how Ron Cook wrote in such details how Joe Paterno knew everything, ran everything, at Penn State prior to the Penn State Sexual Scandal?

Cook also wrote other times, how Joe Paterno was so upset with President Richard Nixon when he chose the 1969 Texas Football Team National Champions over Paterno's Nittany Lions.

Paterno often was quoted, "How Did Nixon Know So Much About College Football And So Little On Watergate?"

As Ron Cook often would laugh about as many Paterno Cult Fans, did the same as they worshiped the wisdom and morals of Paterno but would defend Paterno's participation based on Paterno's ignorance?

Yet, Rom Cook a Northwestern Journalist Graduate never once could suspect or figure out or ask nor ask.....???

"How Joe Paterno Knew So Much And Ran The Penn State Football Program And Knew So Little Of Gerry Sandusky Sexual Molestation Right Under His Nose"?????

Even after Paterno was told, reported it, and then forgot all about it??? Now Jimmy Olsen would have asked that question!

The same with Ron Cook Along with Tom Bradley, can be asked the same type of Question on WVU Recruiting Violations?

How Does Ron Cook Know So Much About Tom Bradley And Never Question Why Tom Bradley Knew So Little On Gerry Sandusky 40 Years Of Crimes And WVU 4 Years Of Football Recruiting Violations????

Ron Cook on Paterno & Bradley is right up there with Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Perry White in their inabilities to investigate anything on Superman working right next them to them, and being so stupid about Superman?

I mean, in all honesty now, Joe Paterno was the Superman of Penn State Football especially after he won 409 Wins, and then so stupid in not knowing anything that went on Penn State during the Sandusky Scandal, Clery Act Violations, Title IX Violations, Absent Any Athletic Integrity Agreement & Officer and No Athletic Code Of Conduct and reported a possible crime of one of Paterno's Former Player, Coaches, and Employees, but forgot all about it after 14 years and knew nothing?

Superman in fiction saved many people and children but Paterno did nothing to stop Children nightmares molestations after reporting Sandusky is factual?

The same for Tom Bradley and Ron Cook as well, Tom Bradley is now involved with two College Football Scandals at Penn State and West Virginia and knows so much about them but knows so little about Penn State Crimes and WVU NCAA Rules Violations that both required Sanctions????

Only one conclusion, Ron Cook prefers to stay stupid and blind on Paterno & Bradley knowing nothing about Crimes & NCAA Violations, and so much on College Football for the Post-Gazette and KDKA the Fan?????

Clearly and unequivocally, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and KDKA Radio Management factually is actually dumb to dumber to dumbest in reality than the Daily Planet was fictionally, in hiring and employing Ron Cook?

Jimmy Olsen is actually smarter fictionally too, at least he questioned, suspected and sometimes mention Clark Kent might be Superman unlike Ron Cook factually that proclaims Paterno & Bradley as Super Coaches with morals but can't see the corruption, crimes, and college football violations surrounding their careers and legacies???

Hhhhmmmmnnn, and Ron Cook is still employed being so stupid or covering up for his friends and this is the best Northwestern University can produce as far as a Sports Journalists, and stain on them too?

The PPG & KDKA Should Hire You!
images
Look They Hired Ron Cook!
images
What I Know Is Paterno & Bradley Knew Nothing?
images
We Know Nothing Because Ron Cook Said So!
images
Hey, I Am Employed By PPG & KDKA!
images
But Know Nothing About NCAA Violations & Won't Ask?
images
I Knew Nothing About WVU Recruiting Violations Either?
images
I Coached Tom Bradley & Worked With Him You Guys Need WVU Or UCLA Tickets?
images
I Am Taller & Smarter Than Ron cook & Jimmy Olsen!

images

The NCAA placed West Virginia's athletic department on two years' probation Wednesday for recruiting violations involving illegal text messages and phone calls in 14 sports. The NCAA said a Division I infractions committee determined that coaches in 14 sports sent impermissible texts and made phone calls to prospects and parents between June 2010 and February 2013. Most of the infractions occurred in women's gymnastics, football, women's basketball and women's soccer. West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons was named last month to succeed Oliver Luck, who left for a position with the NCAA. Lyons said he was aware of the issue when he interviewed for the job. "While I am disappointed with today's NCAA report, I do take note that our department found the infractions, self-reported them and worked with the NCAA in full cooperation to address and correct the issues," Lyons said. "I am confident that the department has taken the necessary steps to correct its compliance and recruiting software program, re-educate the staff on updated NCAA changes on the rules surrounding text messages and phone calls and fulfilled our obligations to the NCAA concerning the situation long before I started as athletic director back on Feb. 2. "Moving forward, I expect our department to continue its strong dedication to NCAA compliance." In addition to the probation, West Virginia self-imposed penalties adopted by the panel that include a reduction of telephone contacts in the 14 sports for portions of the 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years, reduced off-campus recruiting in football, women's soccer, women's basketball and men's basketball, and official visit restrictions in women's soccer. The football team also was stripped of one scholarship for the 2013-14 academic year.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12342966/west-virginia-mountaineers-athletic-department-gets-2-years-probation-recruiting-violations
images
I Knew Nothing About WVU's NCAA Violations Until I Was Hired By The NCAA To Stop Them?
images
I Know Everything On Pitt Football!

images

This post was edited on 2/19 12:49 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: Did Bradley Have Recruiting Violations That Help Put WVU On Probation?

Captain, you are truly the Captain !!

Re: Pitt-Chains, Thanks & Cook's Old Article Link!

THE COOK LINK TO THINK THAT NOW STINKS?

Ron Cook Excerpts ... Article Quotes: (And My Own Questions)
PPG Article By Ron Cook:
Friday, September 15, 2000

In 1968, Bob Knight was a young coach at Army, looking to move up the college basketball ladder. The Penn State job was open and tantalizing. He applied, but Nittany Lions officials hired John Bach. Maybe Knight should ring up old friend Joe Paterno and try again. Go ahead, laugh. But it makes a lot of sense. Knight says he wants a situation like he had at Indiana for years and years. You know what that means. He wants total control of the basketball program and doesn't want to answer to anyone. (Hmmmnn, To Bad Joe Paterno Had The Exact Same "Thon" (I Mean Thing LOL), At Penn State, "Total Control And Answered To No One" But Ron Cook Never Wrote About That Either Even Though that Is A NCAA Violation????)

Penn State can do that. It has done it with Paterno, who, if truth be told, is Bob Knight without the uncontrollable temper. You don't think Paterno answers to Athletic Director Tim Curley, do you? He doesn't answer to President Graham Spanier. Paterno might be pompous and sanctimonious on occasions, but he insists that everyone at Penn State runs a clean program and graduates his or her players. Knight can do that....... By going to Penn State, Knight could add to his Big Ten legacy. More than that, he could torture Indiana for years. Maybe he wouldn't enjoy competing against Dane Fife, Tom Geyer and the other Indiana players who cried like babies when he was fired Sunday, but he might get a kick out of beating President Myles Brand. That's only a guess, of course
......(Ron Cook Admits Way Back In 2000 That Joe Paterno Does Not Answer To Graham Spanier Or Tim Curley And Those Lack Of Institutional Control (Loic) Ncaa Violations, But Ron Cook Never Wrote About Those Violations Did He And This Is Suppose To Be An Graduate Trained In Investigative Reporting At Northwestern And Writes How Paterno Is Violating Ncaa Regulations But Never Reports Them???)

......When the magnificent Bryce Jordan Center opened in 1996, Paterno gushed, "I love what's happening with our basketball program. We'll be good forever now unless we get sloppy." It's a good thing Paterno is a better football coach than seer
. (Yeah, Especially After Sandusky Was Investigated In 1998 And All Of A Sudden, Retired At Penn State And Bradley Took Over As Dc??? And Cook Never Wonder Why Either????)

..... There's no question Knight could do for Penn State basketball what Paterno has done for football. He could become a god all over again. Unlike a lot of coaching legends, Paterno and Knight could co-exist. They are close friends with great respect for one another. Contrary to what some people believe, Paterno would love to see Penn State basketball become what the football program is or at least was before Toledo came calling a few weeks ago. He hasn't always made the right decisions, but he has always cared most about the university
. (But Not About Children Being Molested When He Was Told About It???)

Penn State definitely is big enough for these two giants even if it is located in a hick town. That's how Knight once referred to State College. He even threatened to show up for a game there in overalls and a straw hat. Paterno, wisely, talked him out of it. But Bloomington, Ind., isn't exactly New York, N.Y. It wouldn't take Knight long to fall in love with Happy Valley. He enjoys hunting and fishing. He could do a lot worse than central Pennsylvania.
(Too Bad Ron Cook Never Went To That "Hick Town" To Investigate How Paterno Avoided The Clery Act, Title Ix, Athletic Integrity Agreement And No Big Ten Compliance With A Code Of Athletic Conduct???)

.....There's one other thing about a hick town that Knight just might find appealing: Very few media flies. Think about how many players he could abuse and fans he could accost without ever being caught. There would be no need for a silly "zero-tolerance" policy. Imagine how much Knight would pay for that peace of mind. (So, Ron Cook Admits Or Reveals Joe Paterno Operates At A University Not Covered By The Media, That Includes Ron Cook Himself, But Ron Cook Defends Joe Paterno & Tom Bradley Later On Not Knowing About Their Relationship To Gerry Sandusky Child Molestation Even Though Reported By Mike McQueary????)

The only drawback for Penn State is Knight's reputation as a monster. Any university that hires him will take a beating in the national press, but Penn State's would be less severe than for other schools. Who's really going to knock Paterno, the greatest coach in college football history and a man who has done so much good for college athletics? (But Not So Much To Help Children Being Molested After 1998 And For 14 Years????)

If he says Knight and Penn State are a good fit, it must be so. Think about the positive publicity Penn State will get once Knight starts winning games. (There It Is Again, To Ron Cook It Is All About Winning Games Not Doing What Is Right Moral And Proper For Disadvantage Children????)

......Think about the scene at the Jordan Center six or seven years from now when he breaks Dean Smith's record for victories. And you laugh at a Knight-Penn State marriage? How would you like your school to be able to claim the all-time winningest coach in football and basketball? Thought so. (Where Is Ron Cook's Article About How Children Were Abused And Paterno & Penn State Violated NCAA And Big Ten Rules, And Now Bradley Was At WVU That Was Violating Ncaa Rules Too????)

Now Everyone Knows From Any Objective Basis Or Reasonable Intelligent Conclusions, Why Ron Cook Knew All About How Joe Paterno And Penn State Was Violating NCAA Rules Way Back In 2000, And Never Broke That Story As A Sports Journalists????

As Well As, Defended Paterno, Bradley, And Penn State On The Radio And In His PPG Column And Is Dumber Than Jimmy Olsen That Was Fictional, But Ron Cook's Journalistic Lack Of Integrity Is Factual!

Unfortunately, To The Regret Of More Children Abused From 2000 To 2010 By Sandusky That Could Have Been Stopped By Paterno, Spainer, Curley, And Schultz….And Bradley??? If Ron Cook Would have Been Brave Enough To Write A column How Penn State Was Violating NCAA Rules And Needs An Investigation On how Joseph Vincent Paterno Was operating In Silence, Secrecy, and Not In compliance With Laws and Rules Required By Other Big Universities?

This Kind Of Reporting Would Have Most Likely Promoted Tom Bradley To The Job In 2000 And The McQueary 2002 Revelation Would Never Have Happen As Sandusky Would Have Been Investigated Again Along With Paterno's Program?

Joe Would Have Had To Retire And Penn State Would Have Avoided What Happen To The University and Promoted Tom Bradley????? Cook Would Have Won the
Puliizters But Looks Like Ron Prefer To Remains A Putz Instead Of Doing His Job By Focusing On That "Hick Town" and Saved Children From Nightmares?????

One Has To Wonder Why the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette And KDKA Hired Ron Cook And Missed The Story That Won Young Sara Ganim And Patriot News Puliizters?

Link That Shows How Ron Cook Articles Stinks:
http://old.post-gazette.com/sports/columnists/20000915cook.asp
images

This post was edited on 2/19 2:15 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: Pitt-Chains, Thanks & Cook's Old Article Link!

Captain, thanks.

Reading and rereading makes my blood boil and confirms more than ever his bias.
Ron Cook is a POS cockroach.

The thing that cracked me up in that linked CBS Sports article was the observation in the comments section that UCLA should have hired Narduzzi from Michigan State instead. Somebody wake that guy up.

I don't ever remember any PSU players not supporting him. I have multiple friends who played for him and they love the guy. I also remember the kids rallying around him after Paterno stepped down. I'm a Pitt guy but to say he's not liked by his players is laughable. Go to the bottleshop in Collier in the NFL offseason, It common to see him there with ex Nitters like Sean Lee and Paul Posluszny.

who will grab waitress's butts so ron cook can grab other waitress's butts without being noticed now?

RON COOK HAS LOST HIS COVER

RED ALERT IN COOKLAND

That Cook piece shows it was fine and dandy to be boastful, arrogant...

and controlling as hell leaving the rest of the world in the dark..."fine"...until the s#it hit the fan in 2011...and this wasn't recruiting violations....paying players (though seriously...who knows?).....nope it was the worst crap imaginable....all while thumbing their nose with their own echo chamber backslapping garbage ...success with honor...what a load of chit...

Has there ever been a "journalist" with such an embarrassing historical backlog....this..."healing has begun"..."don't hire Dixon"....Larry Fitz heisman..? I'm not even trying and the bad memories roll in like storm clouds.....

Those who continue to believe Cook isn't biased...read that article gain Capt posted...read it twice if neccessary...this is what the jagoff wrote with unabashed brainlessness when the times were "good".....

This post was edited on 2/19 5:00 PM by DruidTM

Originally posted by recruitsreadtheseboards:

Originally posted by SoufOaklin4Life:
Thoughts and prayers for Ron Cook.
Maybe he will follow.
And do what? He's below the standards of the Los Angeles Times, the Orange County Register, and the Los Angeles Daily News/Long Beach Press-Telegram/Torrance Daily Breeze (I linked the last three together because they share common ownership and a sports staff). Oh, I forgot--there's always talk radio. I guess he would fit in well with the other blathermouths out here.

I hope Dravon Henry likes his new "DC"..

I hope he likes his new "DC" again next year too, as this is probably Dana's last season.

The comment section is a riot.

"Penn State goo"

The Peds deservedly get their noses rubbed in it everywhere outside of PA.

The stupid lawsuit by McCormack(sp?)- the sanctions just a bout ran their course - they pay the $60 million in fines but Paturdo's worthless and tainted wins are restored. Nothing was accomplished other than lawyers fleecing the joebots.

The Saddest thing about the Ped State Scandals is the precedence. Just pay enough money and you can rape children.

Spanier, Curley Schultz - delay delay delay. These guys are scumbags - who will probably walk.

Ron Cook. The biggest POS in Pittsburgh. I'm happy to say I've dropped his 93.7 from 10 - 3. No more of his BS.
970 AM way better. Anyone listening or reading Cook is supporting Pedophile Enablers.

Re: Mbe34!

I couldn't take Poni Baloney at any time, but once he got on the Cooking Baloney Show, I dropped all listening from 10-2 like you. I do not mind Starkey & Mullens once in awhile if the subject is Pitt, Steelers or Football. I really like and respect Zeise.

Cook's Articles are now as unreadable as his Radio gig, and have found great alternatives in the process, one really has to question about the Management at PPG & KDKA and you put it best in your posts.

Cook was covering up for Paterno and Penn State by not doing his job and that is why the PPG and The Fan do not prosper!

images

I'd say he landed on his feet......

from Morgantown to Westwood Village, making 600-700k/year to live in a beautiful part of sunny SoCal--not bad. And he's no longer recruiting against Pitt.

Good for him, good for us.

Originally posted by drspeca:

I don't ever remember any PSU players not supporting him. I have multiple friends who played for him and they love the guy. I also remember the kids rallying around him after Paterno stepped down. I'm a Pitt guy but to say he's not liked by his players is laughable. Go to the bottleshop in Collier in the NFL offseason, It common to see him there with ex Nitters like Sean Lee and Paul Posluszny.
Trust me, they are not there only to see Tom Bradley. That is like talking about how good the wings are at Hooters and say look how many people go to Hooters each week for those delicious food choices.

Check out this article from UCLA: "No Shame: Potential Tom Bradley Hire Reveals UCLA as Morally Bankrupt." The world will never go back to believing the pre-scandal BS.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2015/2/19/8067267/no-shame-potential-tom-bradley-hire-morally-bankrupt-ucla

The comments on BWI are hilarious. A lot of rehashing the same old outrages, defending Joe of course. Bradley should sue the BOT is the name of the post.

Bwahaaaaa! Great Read! - Thanks for the post

The Peds get slammed whenever their name comes up - and that's how it should be.
Funniest comment I saw on another article - Bradley is covered in "Penn State Goo".
Did you note that Jerry's Attorney has been caught stealing from his clients and blowing over $500K - at casino's

The Ped State "culture" is so completely dysfunctional.
The country "gets it" - The Peds and their supporters are clueless.

Speaking of disgraced Sandusky attorney Karl Rominger. when the trial was going on, I remember some posters on a non-PSU board mentioned playing poker with him at Penn National in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT