ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question re: Jordan Addison

Addison's per snap production was pretty damn close to what it was last year.
2.78 yards per route vs 2.94.
% of routes thrown to - 25% vs 27%
YAC/reception 7 vs 6.6.
Drop rate 3.3% vs 9.9%.
Routes per touchdown 39.4 vs 31.82.
Yards per reception 14.8 vs 15.9.

The biggest drop off for this season was simply that he ran far fewer routes due to injury and not being overused while recovering. He ran 315 routes in 2022 vs 541 in 2021.
I like those advanced stats--where did you get 'em?

Those track with the eyeball test. I watched several USC games and in the first 2-3 games after he came back, he was playing very limited reps, and in at least one of those games he sat the entire last 3 quarters. In a couple others he played very sparingly and didn't look close to healthy with the reps he did get. I ballparked that 1/3 of his reps figure, turns out that's just about right, maybe even an underestimate.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I like those advanced stats--where did you get 'em?

Those track with the eyeball test. I watched several USC games and in the first 2-3 games after he came back, he was playing very limited reps, and in at least one of those games he sat the entire last 3 quarters. In a couple others he played very sparingly and didn't look close to healthy with the reps he did get. I ballparked that 1/3 of his reps figure, turns out that's just about right, maybe even an underestimate.
Pro Football Focus.
UpQyKUz.png

College Football All-Americans named. Kancey & Izzy makes the team. Jordan Addison doesn’t make first, second or third team. He wasn’t even named Honorable Mention…. Bad decision. CASE CLOSED…

College Football All-Americans named. Kancey & Izzy makes the team. Jordan Addison doesn’t make first, second or third team. He wasn’t even named Honorable Mention…. Bad decision. CASE CLOSED…

It's almost as if he missed a bunch of time injured.

HOW DARE HE!

It’s almost like the board liberals support JA blindly and the board conservatives don’t. Imagine that.

It's almost as if he missed a bunch of time injured.

HOW DARE HE!
Nah ya see I’ve been told he only left for NIL despite no actual confirmation of that -
Because a social worker who loves football jingoism pretends to be an insider

Where as the 10 total throwing TDs we had all season by Slovis somehow wasn’t as appealing as the Heisman Finaliat

It’s almost like the board liberals support JA blindly and the board conservatives don’t. Imagine that.

It's odd that you are making that reference to me, a lifelong conservative Republican.

Of course a normal conservative would see people making money and trying to better themselves as a good thing. But I guess not in the wacky political times we live in now.

3.5 Million
Top 10 finish and 1 win away from CFP
1st Round Pick

Great Decision. Case Closed

• Haha
Reactions: pittmeister
3.5 Million
1st Round Pick

You made up a profile to tell us that?
For 3.5 million, I'd say he under delivered.
For 3.5 million, you have to find a way to beat Utah once.
Will USC retire his jersey? He holds the school record for loses to Utah in one season.

3.5 Million
1st Round Pick

HERE’S BOTTOM LINE, FAT FOOL:

2021 Statistics:

Catches: 100
Yards: 1,593
TD’s: 17

ACC Championship
Biletnikoff Award
All-American

2022 Statistics:
Catches: 59
Yards: 875 (178 of them in one game)
TD’s: 8

NO Championship
NO Awards
NO All-American Teams
NO Legacy
He will soon be forgotten…

His season was a failure. He still has his money, but it will be a pittance compared to what he will make soon. He alienated the Pitt fans, the alum and tarnished his legacy.

CASE CLOSED

Reactions: DavidVC
#1 - no one knows how much NIL Addison collected. There is zero evidence of any amount. No one knows except JA and his accountants. $3.5M was a number thrown around, but no one knows this.

#2 - I would not assume he gets drafted in Round 1. Could easily slip to round 2 given his huge fall-off year at USC and his injury.

#3 -- No one knows what kind of NFL career he will have, if any. And no one knows how much $$$ he will actually make. So many uncertainties and so unpredictable.

#4 - a few years ago, one of the "great" USC WRs drafted was Juju Smith-Shuster (#30 overall) - and he couldn't get any money in free agency, after an incredibly positive start to a once promising NFL career. He totally fizzled out.

#5 - One thing I'm certain about - JA is no Jamarr Chase, but he might be another JJSS.

Reactions: pittmeister
This is just a simple case of haters gonna hate. And there is a well-defined group of posters on this board that are very consistent in their butthurt hatred for anything or anyone that doesn’t fit their narrow, overly simplistic worldview.

This is just a simple case of haters gonna hate. And there is a well-defined group of posters on this board that are very consistent in their butthurt hatred for anything or anyone that doesn’t fit their narrow, overly simplistic worldview.
Yeah. It's really sad. I bet you the venn diagram for posters who posited that Addison left become he was scared of competing with Mumpfield and the guys who are claiming Addison will fall to the second or third round is a circle.

I agree but we've produced guys over the past 10 years or so that would start for them.

If we recruited those guys before, we can recruit them again.

BTW - Our highest NFL draftee along the OL under Duzz was a former TE (O'Neil).

Yes, over the last 10 years, Pitt has landed a guy every now and then that would start at Michigan along the trenches.

And Michigan has that would start at UGA/Bama.

The problem is recruiting a whole bunch of them all at one time across your lines. And doing that year after year, which allows you to ascend to a top level Tier I school.

It’s insanely difficult. Which is why not many do it. And those that do, are already located in the talent hub centers that make the hardest part of modern recruiting, not impossible.

Yeah. It's really sad. I bet you the venn diagram for posters who posited that Addison left become he was scared of competing with Mumpfield and the guys who are claiming Addison will fall to the second or third round is a circle.
I’m willing to bet that not 1 of the mopes could name anyone in that last 10 years that has won the Bilitnikoff award besides Jordan. JA doesn’t need anymore college awards. His goal was to get his NIL and stay away from a major injury before the NFL draft. Anything else is just for elderly and miserable message board dopes to cry about

Reactions: PittPharm2002
It's odd that you are making that reference to me, a lifelong conservative Republican.

Of course a normal conservative would see people making money and trying to better themselves as a good thing. But I guess not in the wacky political times we live in now.
Maybe we should start a ”Conservatives for Addison“ group. It’s not that I have any interest in him doing well, but I acknowledge he will be one of the top 3 wr’s off the board. I believe both Kiper and McShay have him as WR1.

And doing that year after year, which allows you to ascend to a top level Tier I school.
what is a tier 1 school? I've never heard of that.

I'm assuming it is your subjective view on an elite program.

I can make the case that Wisconsin has had "Tier 1" OL's but never recruited well enough at other positions to ascend to the top of the food chain.

#1 - no one knows how much NIL Addison collected. There is zero evidence of any amount. No one knows except JA and his accountants. $3.5M was a number thrown around, but no one knows this.

#2 - I would not assume he gets drafted in Round 1. Could easily slip to round 2 given his huge fall-off year at USC and his injury.

#3 -- No one knows what kind of NFL career he will have, if any. And no one knows how much $$$ he will actually make. So many uncertainties and so unpredictable.

#4 - a few years ago, one of the "great" USC WRs drafted was Juju Smith-Shuster (#30 overall) - and he couldn't get any money in free agency, after an incredibly positive start to a once promising NFL career. He totally fizzled out.

#5 - One thing I'm certain about - JA is no Jamarr Chase, but he might be another JJSS.

1. Agree entirely.

2. Mostly agree. Caveat is that you have to adjust and not go off raw volume. Addison still had a 20% market share in USC's offense with way more competition and missing a bunch of games. That's the baseline for top 24 WR in the NFL. He had 22% of USC's passing touchdowns and averaged 15 yards per catch. I wouldn't call it a "huge" fall off year. I'm not even sure I see it as a worse year than 2021 on a per route basis.

3. Agree.

4. In JuJu's defense he was never a super athlete, got hurt and lost a lot of what remained of his explosiveness. JuJu was excellent prior to that. I think Addison's game will hold up better because he separates more than JuJu did.

5. No one is Ja'Marr Chase except Justin Jefferson.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidVC
His goal was to get his NIL and stay away from a major injury before the NFL draft.
The PITT and USC coaches know this as well.

He had all the accolades, production, and film to warrant a 1st round grade last year.

If he was forced to play another year of college ball, he was going to get the biggest bag and try stay healthy - that's it.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I’m willing to bet that not 1 of the mopes could name anyone in that last 10 years that has won the Bilitnikoff award besides Jordan. JA doesn’t need anymore college awards. His goal was to get his NIL and stay away from a major injury before the NFL draft. Anything else is just for elderly and miserable message board dopes to cry about

Devonta Smith, Ja'Marr Chase, James Washington.

He had all the accolades, production, and film to warrant a 1st round grade last year.

If he was forced to play another year of college ball, he was going to get the biggest bag and try stay healthy - that's it.
He went to a program with a Heisman finalist to get away from a dud who threw 10 total TDs all season long
You’ll catch on eventually

He went to a program with a Heisman finalist to get away from a dud who threw 10 total TDs all season long
Keep saying the same thing over and over sweetheart. Soon you might convince someone of it.

Why do you think the guru in Austin fed Gerry Hamilton the line about JA being pissed about his NIL promises not being kept?????

So a player can circumvent the system and speak to reps from USC, then enter the portal at the last possible minute, and then screw the Pitt coaches and leave them scrambling for a replacement and everything is beautiful!

We’re supposed to be happy for him! We’re all supposed to be rooting for him to do great! We’re all supposed to be so happy that our faces hurt from smiling (Facehurt)! Who cares how it was done?! He got what he wanted! Isn’t that what life’s all about?!

You bloomers are a bunch of simpletons! LOL.

Besides the money (which will be a drop in the bucket in a few months) What did he gain at USC that he couldn’t have gotten or kept by staying at Pitt??

STFU!

LOL! So he went to USC so he could catch 8 TD passes! If Slovis had Addison to throw to, he’d have more than 10 TD passes.

You’ll NEVER catch on…

Keep saying the same thing over and over sweetheart. Soon you might convince someone of it.

Why do you think the guru in Austin fed Gerry Hamilton the line about JA being pissed about his NIL promises not being kept?????
I’ll keep saying the obvious
You keep pretending to have insider info after the fact

It's too bad JA was forced to play another year - that was total BS. He should've been able to go pro last year.

It's too bad JA was forced to play another year - that was total BS. He should've been able to go pro last year.
Totally agree. That would clear a lot of this nonsense up. Addison stays at Pitt, his legacy and connections stay intact, he makes more money for playing ball this past year. But most of all this thread would not exist!

what is a tier 1 school? I've never heard of that.

I'm assuming it is your subjective view on an elite program.

I can make the case that Wisconsin has had "Tier 1" OL's but never recruited well enough at other positions to ascend to the top of the food chain.

Yeah. There’s no official Tier 1 category according to the NCAA. So you got me with that one.

Reactions: USN_Panther

And this is why I say he wasn't worth the money for USC. Great for JA. But USC had plenty of receivers. They should have spent that money on a few defensive players who either could or were willing to tackle someone.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
And this is why I say he wasn't worth the money for USC. Great for JA. But USC had plenty of receivers. They should have spent that money on a few defensive players who either could or were willing to tackle someone.
He didn’t cost usc a dime

I really think the combine will be big for Jordan, he could slip if he's not as fast because of his size

The only problem for JA is that he started representing a non-profit university instead of a for-profit one. If he'd have just started taking money from a for-profit university, in let's say central Arizona, he could still be a Pitt legend in many eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT