ADVERTISEMENT

Shooter

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Are we going to get a 3 point shooter? There has to be a Greg Elliot type out there who doesn't command a huge salary and is willing to play 16-20 MPG. I'll even take a D2 kid like Jack Gohlke if his 3 point numbers are 40%+. I like the additions but we also need a shooter.

Are we going to get a 3 point shooter? There has to be a Greg Elliot type out there who doesn't command a huge salary and is willing to play 16-20 MPG. I'll even take a D2 kid like Jack Gohlke if his 3 point numbers are 40%+. I like the additions but we also need a shooter.
Cummings

Cummings is a slasher/playmaker who is a good shooter. He isnt a guy who is going to shoot 40% from 3 as a freshman. I think he'll be around 33%-34% which is similar to the rest of the guys.
And? The difference between a 34 and 40 percent shooter over 100 attempts is less than 0.5 more misses a game. 34 vs 40. So less than one less make per game. Not the end of the world if he can consistently hit 34. Lowe hit 39 in conference play. They also don’t have minutes for a shooter, minus axing the twins, which one of them was a 40 percent 3 shooter.

And? The difference between a 34 and 40 percent shooter over 100 attempts is less than 0.5 more misses a game. 34 vs 40. So less than one less make per game. Not the end of the world if he can consistently hit 34. Lowe hit 39 in conference play. They also don’t have minutes for a shooter, minus axing the twins, which one of them was a 40 percent 3 shooter.

The difference is that that 40% shooter can go off and make 5-6 3s that wins a game for us. We dont make the NCAAT if Greg Elliot doesn't go off against Wake. Speaking of Wake, I'd love to get Damari Monsanto. Can't dribble but he can shoot the lights out.

The difference is that that 40% shooter can go off and make 5-6 3s that wins a game for us. We dont make the NCAAT if Greg Elliot doesn't go off against Wake. Speaking of Wake, I'd love to get Damari Monsanto. Can't dribble but he can shoot the lights out.

Jaland Lowe and Carlton Carrington

Judah Mintz

RJ Davis

When you recruit talent, talent produces. When you recruit players that cant score in the EYBL and cant shoot, they will likely bust or be bench reserves.

Its rather simple.

Cummings = instant impact. You will see

it all averages out. Yes Blake went off against. Duke. A 32% shooter went 7-12 from 3 in a game last season for Pitt. Having well rounded scoring threats can be just as important. Lowe has never made more than 2 threes in a game yet. Ish made 4 one game, Austin made 4 one game, GDg made 3 twice, but we would likely all say Lowe is best shooter? Pitt is deep next year.

Jaland Lowe and Carlton Carrington

Judah Mintz

RJ Davis

When you recruit talent, talent produces. When you recruit players that cant score in the EYBL and cant shoot, they will likely bust or be bench reserves.

Its rather simple.

Cummings = instant impact. You will see
Well I sure as hell agree about the "talent produces" comment. As far as
Cummings, it looks like he's an impact player. I think SMF wants to see a
definite 3pt shooter added. If Cummings is both "impact" and a 3 pt threat
that would be great.

Well I sure as hell agree about the "talent produces" comment. As far as
Cummings, it looks like he's an impact player. I think SMF wants to see a
definite 3pt shooter added. If Cummings is both "impact" and a 3 pt threat
that would be great.

Its funny, I actually compare Cummings's game to another Cummings but one he isnt related to. He's a better shooter than Vonteego but has that playmaking/scorer's mentality. I said before that he will play in the NBA. BballinsiderfromPepperdine didn't agree. He is as complete as you are going to get for a FR outside the Top 50. But teams are more talented now on the average so you cant rely on freshmen. I dont view him as a shooter. I view him as a scorer who can shoot, not that that's a bad thing.

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT