ADVERTISEMENT

So if Pitt wins its last 2 reg season games and only 1 ACC Tournament game, are they in?

Unless we win the ACC tournament, I think the best we are going to be is be in the First Four (or "play in" game) once again this year.

But to me, starting play in Dayton is still "IN" the tournament, but not everyone sees it that way.
I definitely don't but I'll take that over the NIT any day of the week.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Oh I'm sorry Vince, did you not write in a post last year that if Pitt made it into the NCAA Tournament you would run around your whole block naked? Hmmmm I could have sworn that was you. So the irony of YOU of all people bringing up an old post of mine where I was admittedly wrong is beyond funny.
Stop by my seats Saturday. Section 102 seat 3. I’ll buy you a beer.

It's called the "Field of 68." So that's "In" the tournament, no?
Sure technically. But for me having to play a "play-in game", an extra game just to make the 1st round field of 64 isn't like making the tournament normally.

Sure technically. But for me having to play a "play-in game", an extra game just to make the 1st round field of 64 isn't like making the tournament normally.
That is the first round. You mean round of 64. I mean in the whole first four era there have been two teams to make it to final four and 3 more to sweet 16. There has also only been one year where no first four time has won a round of 64 game. Let’s just erase that from history.

Reactions: PittPoker
So Cuse could be the 4 right, if they beat Clemson, and Clemson beats wake? Pitt could then draw BC and avenge Cuse losses (in theory).
Syracuse imo shouldn't even be close to the NCAA bubble

Unless we win the ACC tournament, I think the best we are going to be is be in the First Four (or "play in" game) once again this year.

But to me, starting play in Dayton is still "IN" the tournament, but not everyone sees it that way.
going with the premise of this post that Pitt wins their final two regular season games there is no way in hell they are placed in the play in game as an ACC tourney runner up at 24-11...Solidly in an 8/9 slot.

Reactions: FireballZ

The only bad loss is to FSu and one could argue Mizz loss is much worse:
Florida 15pts neutral
Mizz 7 pts home
Clemson 9 home
Duke 22 home
UNC 13 home
Cuse 11 home
Wake 33 away

It’s prolly more they don’t have blowout wins as most bubble teams will have the bad losses. Theoretically if they win at Clemson by like 30, it may jump their net 25 spots.

New Hampshire by 11
Canisius by 12
Colgate by 4
Cornell by 11
Georgetown by 12
Niagara by 12
Louisville by 2
Louisville by 6
ND by 3

They haven't blown out any Q3/4s. You need a lot of those games to be 25-30 point wins with a couple 40-50 point wins sprinkled in. That's just how this works. Pitt has done that. Syracuse hasnt. Is that fair? I dont think. But NET loves blowouts.

Most importantly, the NCAA sees it that way. And the First Four gets units for their appearances just like anyone else. No one else's opinion matters on this issue.

It is not a "play in" game. Very different than the one-time 1991 play-in games that were actual play-ins.

Last edited:

Ron Cook would be pleased....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT