ADVERTISEMENT

sort of OT: Penn Hills

Slick Manager of Champs

Heisman Candidate
Apr 22, 2007
Seems kind of silly of the WPIAL but I guess a rule is a rule. Speaking of Penn Hills & LeDonne, who on earth would have predicted the success he has had? I remember when they hired him from Shaler after winning a grand total of 2 games in 3 years. I thought what a terrible hire for a school that also needed some rebuilding. Not only did he rebuild, he took them to heights not seen in years, who would have predicted that? Imagine if we hired someone with a resume like that, what the reaction would be. Guess you never know in these coaching crapshoots

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/wpial-wants-penn-hills-football-coach-jon-ledonne-suspended/

A rule was clearly established and he chose to break it. There are consequences for your actions. He should accept the penalty and move on.

Reactions: brickfhouse
I imagine they tell schools not to recruit, too. Adherence to that directive seems about the same. Somehow, that ends up undisciplined.

Reactions: BiggCliff412
I found it funny on twitter today how many other schools do the exact same thing. If it is a rule then it needs to be enforced for all schools, just not ones that complain

I was at the game and thought it was rather clever. Didn't seem to harm anyone and if I remember correctly it was a cheerleader, not a player, who had the smoke. Not sure why the coach should be disciplined for something if it wasn't a member of his team.

How do you know he had anything to do with it?
He is the Head Coach and he is in charge of their sideline. The only beef they could have is if the other team did the same thing and was not punished.

This is HS football. Have the cheerleaders make a banner, run through it, and go to your sidelines.

Reactions: brickfhouse
Seems kind of silly of the WPIAL but I guess a rule is a rule. Speaking of Penn Hills & LeDonne, who on earth would have predicted the success he has had? I remember when they hired him from Shaler after winning a grand total of 2 games in 3 years. I thought what a terrible hire for a school that also needed some rebuilding. Not only did he rebuild, he took them to heights not seen in years, who would have predicted that? Imagine if we hired someone with a resume like that, what the reaction would be. Guess you never know in these coaching crapshoots

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/wpial-wants-penn-hills-football-coach-jon-ledonne-suspended/
The head of the WPIAL made a major mistake in his proclamation. YOU NEVER ADMIT liability for anything, let alone before it happens.
What a dope!
Then again, watching these clowns "run" the WPIAL proves the point that when people have little left to fight over, they fight like hell. The WPIAL is less relevant than roller skate keys.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT