ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford - Coronavirus fatality rate under 45 almost 0%

Good news coming out of Stanford.

https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas...-mongering-tactics-from-our-health-officials/

Dr. Atlas used Texas of an example saying, “90+% of ICU beds are occupied, but only 15% are COVID patients. 85% of the occupied beds are not COVID patients. I think we have to look at the data and be aware that it doesn’t matter if younger, healthier people get infected, I don’t know how often that has to be said, they have nearly zero risk of a problem from this. The only thing that counts are the older, more vulnerable people getting infected. And there’s no evidence that they really are.”

Dr. Atlas then pointed out the hospitalization length of stay is about half of what it once was.

Reactions: Farnox

https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas...-mongering-tactics-from-our-health-officials/

Dr. Atlas used Texas of an example saying, “90+% of ICU beds are occupied, but only 15% are COVID patients. 85% of the occupied beds are not COVID patients. I think we have to look at the data and be aware that it doesn’t matter if younger, healthier people get infected, I don’t know how often that has to be said, they have nearly zero risk of a problem from this. The only thing that counts are the older, more vulnerable people getting infected. And there’s no evidence that they really are.”

Dr. Atlas then pointed out the hospitalization length of stay is about half of what it once was.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/think-mild-case-covid-19-051726849.html

Reactions: Jeffburgh

KUSI is not a terribly respected news source unfortunately.

Texas is spiking now; the hospitalizations and deaths come a few weeks after the spike if it is bad. We will see what happens over the upcoming weeks though hopefully more time has allowed for better treatment, etc.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Right on. Ain't nobody taking it away with their communist mask talk.
What are you talking about?

We were told the masks didn't help. Then told that it is necessary. Then told not to go outside. Then told that some people are terrible for protesting. Then told others were heroes for protesting.

Almost everyone complied until these rules began to not make sense. You don't care about sense, you will only make the pieces fit to your mindset. Which is that others are stupid if they don't do as you wish.

You like ideas that force others to comply.

We were told the masks didn't help. Then told that it is necessary. Then told not to go outside. Then told that some people are terrible for protesting. Then told others were heroes for protesting.

Almost everyone complied until these rules began to not make sense. You don't care about sense, you will only make the pieces fit to your mindset. Which is that others are stupid if they don't do as you wish.

The consensus has been masks work since April snd has been consistent
Would have been likely all along since the beginning - if we weren’t at such a shortage of ppe for healthcare professionals

Still developing, but we know more about it now.

Clearly the highest risk of spread is compact indoor spaces with a lot of people and circulating HVAC, and yes, bars like this are incredibly problematic.

Mortality may be down in part because of more cases with younger people and also because they know how to deal with the worst cases better now.

Just saw a DOC who said when this heated up a few months ago he did not know that once a patient reached the stage where they needed to be intubated that he should probably have the on blood thinners and much higher steroid doses, and the practice of having them be prone has helped in a lot of cases.

But, this thing where that means its all OK is like with our troops in the ME - not as many fatalities, but a lot more of them come home with life altering brain and limb injuries.

A younger, more healthy person might be able to beat a 45 day IU stint, but you are seeing a lot of those with permanent lung damage, strokes, etc.

Reactions: PittPanther44

Cool, glad to see you support those athletes who take a knee during the NA.

Cool, glad to see you support those athletes who take a knee during the NA.
Is a false equivalency. But you prefer intellectual dishonesty as it is the only way you can justify your false superiority.

But to your dishonest point, I can assure you that I do not have freedom of speech with my clients. Because when I express that freedom outside of their tolerance, I risk them bouncing me. However, you want unlimited ability to push your views and have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with you.

So as for real equivalence to your claim, will you support me in regaining the clients who have stopped working with me because I support Trump?

.A younger, more healthy person might be able to beat a 45 day IU stint, but you are seeing a lot of those with permanent lung damage, strokes, etc.

Can you provide data that shows a lot of the 45 and under crowd are suffering from permanent lung damage, strokes, etc.

The consensus has been masks work since April snd has been consistent
Would have been likely all along since the beginning - if we weren’t at such a shortage of ppe for healthcare professionals
How much of an exemption do they get for lying? They can lie a little bit? Or the ends justify the means? Do you get to determine how much dishonesty is acceptable? What are the health risks from wearing masks? What are the health risks for healthy people being stuck inside for long periods? How many cancer patients will lose life because their screenings were delayed? Is covid worse than cancer? Is covid worse than heart disease? Should all health screenings have been delayed over covid fears? Should fear rule our lives?

Or maybe people who believe like you without consequence should rule over all for all times?

Holodomor.

Last edited:
Can you provide data that shows a lot of the 45 and under crowd are suffering from permanent lung damage, strokes, etc.

Exactly. This simply is not true. I find this disturbing that people/media put lies out there and then broadly apply it to everyone. Will a severe case effect other organs....yes but only in old or people with underlying conditions. Let’s stop applying information to the general public and instead say it almost exclusively applies to people over 75 or people with conditions.

Inconsistent reporting methodologies and the resulting confusing statistical data has been all over the place for months with political bias (from both ends of the political spectrum) over-layed on top of it all. Given that situation--It's no wonder no one knows what the real truth about Covid risk actually was a few months ago or what it is now.

The best I can guess attempting to use common sense to sort through all the conflicting messaging is that we should wear masks in indoor spaces--especially crowded ones where social distancing isn't possible (if we cannot avoid crowded spaces entirely)--but that outdoors (where uncrowded) seems very safe and even moderately crowded outdoors areas where social distancing is possible are still probably reasonably safe.

I base this reasoning, at least in part, because it appears that maximum spread in the North happened in the colder months when people tend to spend more time indoors and less outdoors and sunbelt peaks are happening now in very hot weather when people tend to retreat indoors into air conditioned spaces more frequently while spending less time outdoors due to the high heat.

Is a false equivalency. But you prefer intellectual dishonesty as it is the only way you can justify your false superiority.

But to your dishonest point, I can assure you that I do not have freedom of speech with my clients. Because when I express that freedom outside of their tolerance, I risk them bouncing me. However, you want unlimited ability to push your views and have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with you.

So as for real equivalence to your claim, will you support me in regaining the clients who have stopped working with me because I support Trump?

High quality pretzel making.

Would have been simpler to just post you think it is perfectly acceptable to force compliance if it aligns with your personal beliefs.

Exactly. This simply is not true. I find this disturbing that people/media put lies out there and then broadly apply it to everyone. Will a severe case effect other organs....yes but only in old or people with underlying conditions. Let’s stop applying information to the general public and instead say it almost exclusively applies to people over 75 or people with conditions.

Wrong. Laughably wrong.

First, I did not bold that.

Second, I did not post that a lot of the under 45 and under crowd are suffering from permanent lung damage, strokes, etc.

I posted, "A younger, more healthy person might be able to beat a 45 day IU stint, but you are seeing a lot of those with permanent lung damage, strokes, etc."

What data do you have to refute that?

That simply is not the case.
People regardless of age who are doing these month long stints in the IU due to Covid are having long term or permanent life affecting effects.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms
Yes, younger people are less likely to get to the point of needing critical care and are more likely to come out the other side above dirt if they do. But, once they do it tears them up a good bit, too.
The stages of compartmentalization people want to do on this is why this country is laughing stock of the world with this and why the economy will continue to stagnate and this thing will continue to drag us down.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
That simply is not the case.
People regardless of age who are doing these month long stints in the IU due to Covid are having long term or permanent life affecting effects.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms
Yes, younger people are less likely to get to the point of needing critical care and are more likely to come out the other side above dirt if they do. But, once they do it tears them up a good bit, too.
The stages of compartmentalization people want to do on this is why this country is laughing stock of the world with this and why the economy will continue to stagnate and this thing will continue to drag us down.

Ummm...this article clearly states that they do not know the long term effects of Covid 19. The only somewhat reasonable fact is they stated that 1% would have acute issues because of Covid.....which likely falls into the category of old or pre-conditioned.

I am open to more information....please enlighten me.

There are plenty of younger folks with organ damage. So saying it’s only only older people or those with underlying conditions is just flat out wrong. Some infected people are having what is termed as cytokine storms (my understanding is the immune system overreacts) which leads to excessive inflammation and leads to the damage. Or even death. I’m not saying it’s common - it’s not. But it’s happening to otherwise healthy young people.

Ummm...this article clearly states that they do not know the long term effects of Covid 19. The only somewhat reasonable fact is they stated that 1% would have acute issues because of Covid.....which likely falls into the category of old or pre-conditioned.

Hard to get empirical data, either way, on long term effects for something that been active for less than half a year.

But, strokes are strokes, lung damage is lung damage, heart damage is heart damage. Blood clotting can do real damage in other areas of the body.

These are things are not sprained ankles you limp around on for a week or two and just walk it off.

If it gets the point that you need hospitalized and need urgent care, even young people are likely going to have some impairment of quality of life if it drags out.

"Blood clots that form in or reach the brain can cause a stroke. Although strokes are more typically seen in older people, strokes are now being reported even in young Covid-19 patients. In Wuhan, China, about 5 percent of hospitalized Covid-19 patients had strokes, and a similar pattern was reported with SARS.

In younger people who have strokes, mortality rates are relatively low compared to those who are older, and many people recover. But studies show only between 42 and 53 percent are able to return to work."

Reactions: lilspainishflea
The arguments from the extremes on this pandemic are exhausting!
It isn't the Black Death but it isn't just the flu either.

It is a novel virus that has been around 5 months, it is very dangerous to certain people, and appears to be less dangerous to others. We are still learning what we're up against, and it is far too early to judge long term effects.

How in the hell a public health emergency became a political football is astounding, but it is a presidential election year, so there you go.

My healthy niece, late 20's, got this in Manhattan early on. She had a mild case, but STILL can't smell or taste anything. My cousin who is older and has comorbidities, got it and almost died. 2 weeks in hospital on oxygen therapy and hydroxichloriquine pulled him through. He said anyone who thinks this is the flu has a second thought coming. Very scary not being able to breathe!

The European union has proven you can knock this virus down and keep it down while you reopen and smartly approach normal life. The U.S. was on the path to doing this, but politics got in the way, aided no doubt by enemy bots on social media to stoke the flames and injure Americans. (How's that for a conspiracy theory?)

In any event, we're getting back to square one with this. Thankfully, there are better treatment options and the death rate is down, BUT that doesn't mean this still isn't a very serious situation and could turn on a dime.

As Winston Churchill purportedly said, "Americans will always do the right thing, AFTER they've tried everything else!"

Everyone knows this. Young and healthy = no big deal. Older or underlying health conditons = extremely deadly.

The risk is young people being careless and spreading it to old people, killing them.

There are plenty of younger folks with organ damage. So saying it’s only only older people or those with underlying conditions is just flat out wrong. Some infected people are having what is termed as cytokine storms (my understanding is the immune system overreacts) which leads to excessive inflammation and leads to the damage. Or even death. I’m not saying it’s common - it’s not. But it’s happening to otherwise healthy young people.

I am familiar with cytokine storm and its effects.....but where is the proof of what I am saying is wrong. Cytokine storm is an effect in many infectious diseases and can be offset with Heparin in low doses....and many other drugs. Almost any anticoagulant will remedy the effects. The biggest risk are patients who do not get treated until later and old/ore conditioned people. That is a FACT.

I am familiar with cytokine storm and its effects.....but where is the proof of what I am saying is wrong. Cytokine storm is an effect in many infectious diseases and can be offset with Heparin in low doses....and many other drugs. Almost any anticoagulant will remedy the effects. The biggest risk are patients who do not get treated until later and old/ore conditioned people. That is a FACT.

Right. But you said it’s only old people or those with underlying conditions who are getting the damage

Will a severe case effect other organs....yes but only in old or people with underlying conditions

That’s just flat out incorrect. Rarer for the young and healthy? Certainly seems to be the case. But it’s not ONLY the old or people with conditions.

Lol. You asked what am "I" talking about? What are YOU talking about? Masks work. Social distancing works. Except, "mah freedum" makes it impossible.

Hard to get empirical data, either way, on long term effects for something that been active for less than half a year.

But, strokes are strokes, lung damage is lung damage, heart damage is heart damage. Blood clotting can do real damage in other areas of the body.

These are things are not sprained ankles you limp around on for a week or two and just walk it off.

If it gets the point that you need hospitalized and need urgent care, even young people are likely going to have some impairment of quality of life if it drags out.

"Blood clots that form in or reach the brain can cause a stroke. Although strokes are more typically seen in older people, strokes are now being reported even in young Covid-19 patients. In Wuhan, China, about 5 percent of hospitalized Covid-19 patients had strokes, and a similar pattern was reported with SARS.

In younger people who have strokes, mortality rates are relatively low compared to those who are older, and many people recover. But studies show only between 42 and 53 percent are able to return to work."

You are referring to studies but these studies have not been done, right? I don't get it. So why put out information if it is not proven? Do you see where that could be an issue?

Right. But you said it’s only old people or those with underlying conditions who are getting the damage

That’s just flat out incorrect. Rarer for the young and healthy? Certainly seems to be the case. But it’s not ONLY the old or people with conditions.

How is that incorrect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT