ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Colts Game thread

What a response by the defense. They'll be back out there in a few minutes after the offense turns it over or goes 3 n out.

I was just thinking the same thing. Here comes the offense for two bad short throws on 1st and 2nd down, followed by a four yard completion on 3rd and 10, and the defense will be right back out there again.

If we win this game or the Browns lose, then they need to rest their starters next week. Play the backups and let the vets rejuvenate.

I told my father after the Redskins game the Steelers were done and would not win another game this season. Today is proving that forecast is correct.

Now we see why he doesn’t try to get the ball downfield more often, that should’ve been an easy pick.

I told my father after the Redskins game the Steelers were done and would not win another game this season. Today is proving that forecast is correct.
And here, I thought the “if they don’t win another game...” when talking about playoff scenarios back then was just a figure of speech! :(

3rd and ****ing 9 and you throw it 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage on a crossing route. There is next to no talent on offense. Chase Claypool is it. And of course he hasn't even touched the ball. Tomlin is dumb, Fichtner is complete garbage and the front office staff is clueless.

Tony Romo is gently ripping the Steelers apart right now.

And who does an illegal block in the back when YOU'RE the kicking team???

Reactions: Black Panther
Colts were sitting on that underneath pattern. This offense is so easy to defend

Not sure how much I’d that is Ben and the overall talent or how much is the dope Fichtner

I mean they don’t even attempt to go downfield

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Now we see why he doesn’t try to get the ball downfield more often, that should’ve been an easy pick.
I’m surprised the line was still Colts -6.5 on that last drive. Had to jump on it. The Steelers can’t drive the length of the field and the Colts are winning up front. I’m most disappointed in the latter in regards to the Steelers.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

There is me and one other Steeler fan at work and we pretty much said the same thing. Figured we would beat the Bengals and lose every other game. The league adjusted and the Steelers are incapable of doing anything else.

Colts were sitting on that underneath pattern. This offense is so easy to defend

Not sure how much I’d that is Ben and the overall talent or how much is the dope Fichtner

I mean they don’t even attempt to go downfield
Nance or Romo said earlier that the Steelers had the least amount of either attempts or succeeded passes 10+ yards in the NFL this year.

3rd and ****ing 9 and you throw it 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage on a crossing route. There is next to no talent on offense. Chase Claypool is it. And of course he hasn't even touched the ball. Tomlin is dumb, Fichtner is complete garbage and the front office staff is clueless.

Tony Romo is gently ripping the Steelers apart right now.

And who does an illegal block in the back when YOU'RE the kicking team???

I swear you see that called maybe once or twice a season, of course it had to be against the Steelers.

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
This season was over when we got owned by Dallas. We used up an entire season of good luck to get a W there.
That’s also when Big Ben’s knee got messed up. Which, with what it’s done to him, created the same result that you allude to.

That’s also when Big Ben’s knee got messed up. Which, with what it’s done to him, created the same result that you allude to.

Well Roethlisberger says his knee got hurt against Washington (as was alluded to earlier in the broadcast), but with him when he's talking about his injuries, who knows? If he keeps playing poorly soon the injury will have happened to him back when he was at Miami and he's been dealing with it ever since.

There are 2 fouls...both on the receiving team. When it rains, it pours.

If we win this game or the Browns lose, then they need to rest their starters next week. Play the backups and let the vets rejuvenate.

Im about ready to call this one, hard to believe they can come back from 14 down. If the Browns lose you’re definitely going to see Rudolph next week. Partly to rest Roethlisberger and partly to see if he can give the offense a lift.

If somehow he would play well they would have to start him in the playoff game, meaning today might be the last time you ever see Roethlisberger play in a Steelers uniform. Of course the odds of him playing that well are relatively slim.

This is hopeless. There isn't a single other team in this league that wouldn't beat this team 10 out of 10 times. Even in the Mark Malone years we could at least play with anyone. I can't believe this roster is this bad. This might be the worst coaching job I've ever seen.

Well Roethlisberger says his knee got hurt against Washington (as was alluded to earlier in the broadcast), but with him when he's talking about his injuries, who knows? If he keeps playing poorly soon the injury will have happened to him back when he was at Miami and he's been dealing with it ever since.
Interesting. I was thinking about the play that forced him to miss the end of the first half against the Cowboys.

Johnson is so lame. It seems like everytime he sits in the zone, catches the ball...he takes 1 or 2 steps back towards the line of scrimmage and gets tackled, instead of just using his body to push forward by backing down.

This organization needs to be gutted. They "fixed" the defense, because that is where our last seven (!) first-round picks have gone. In the process, the offensive line has become tissue paper. Hell, there is zero depth on the defensive line either. Anyone can make a unit half-decent when you devote that type of resources to it. But they've been completely derelict of duty when it comes to this offensive line. That's even with lucking out and squeezing water from a stone for a few years with Villanueva and Feiler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT