ADVERTISEMENT

Suspensions

How many here remember Elijah Fields?

4 star safety from Duquesne....Wannstedt brought him in and predicted he was a future first rounder.

Multiple weed offenses and thrown off the team. Out of school.....no chance at the NFL.

Today Fields can be see sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans at the greater pitt airport.

Perhaps Narduzzi would be wise to contact Elijah Fields......and have him talk straight up to these kids on the team.

An actual live human being example of wasted talent might get through to these meatheads......

How many here remember Elijah Fields?

4 star safety from Duquesne....Wannstedt brought him in and predicted he was a future first rounder.

Multiple weed offenses and thrown off the team. Out of school.....no chance at the NFL.

Today Fields can be see sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans at the greater pitt airport.

Perhaps Narduzzi would be wise to contact Elijah Fields......and have him talk straight up to these kids on the team.

An actual live human being example of wasted talent might get through to these meatheads......
He was a phenomenal physical specimen for sure. Unfortunately a nickel (bag) head.

However it remains in doubt he'd have been disciplined in the least, let alone multiple times, if he'd been in other programs we are competing against.

That wouldn't have precluded him from trying to go elsewhere (at a D1 level) and perhaps he would have been such an exasperating head case even the likes of WVU or OSU couldn't have tamed him. At some point even those wouldn't find it worth the aggregation. But they almost certainly would have given more leeway for that particular offense. And that remains the issue. Not our discipline, but what our PEERS are willing to do.

Last edited:
He was a phenomenal physical specimen for sure. Unfortunately a nickel (bag) head.

However it remains in doubt he'd have been disciplined in the least, let alone multiple times, if he'd been in other programs we are competing against.

That wouldn't have precluded him from trying to go elsewhere (at a D1 level) and perhaps he would have been such an exasperating head case even the likes of WVU or OSU couldn't have tamed him. At some point even those wouldn't find it worth the aggregation. But they almost certainly would have given more leeway for that particular offense. And that remains the issue. Not our discipline, but what our PEERS are willing to do.
He was caught selling drugs, so...yeah, he would have been kicked out of any school and had no chance to end up at another D1.

I wonder if many are using that to eliminate candidates?
not sure, cant imagine too many companies are doing drug tests pro-actively. usually you run this after an offer is made. verbal of course, contingent on screenings like a criminal background, drug and physical. I doubt many companies are doing drug tests before an offer is made. I don't do drugs but I wouldn't do one for a company unless I at least had a verbal offer..

What about weed in places where it is LEGAL? It stays in your system for a month, will employers ban you from using a LEGAL substance?

LOL, I actually know of a former co worker who worked out a transfer to Colorado based purely on weed legalization.

As long as it not government run, any company could test for anything in order to keep employment whether legal or not.

Nothing has changed as regards to drug testing in Nevada. The companies that drug tested prior to legalization still do, and the ones that didn't still don't.

People said that places would start doing random testing once weed was legal but so far it hasn't happened. I don't think anyone would want to have half of their employees, including the executive team testing positive.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I wonder if many are using that to eliminate candidates?

Presumably if you are an intelligent HR person, and you have several candidates with more or less equal qualifications...you'd have to expect the nod would go to the non-user. In our law firm, and we do not have an office in Colorado, we lose tons of time just to cigarette smokers. HR folks are human...which is why good looking people and those that are not grossly over-weight get hired [and paid more on average], than those with the misfortune of being less attractive or over-weight. Hail to Pitt!

Thank God I can pound a 6 pack or 12 pack of beer and still get up early and not have people complaining about me missing time, LOL :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT