ADVERTISEMENT

Suspensions

If you work on any NASA manned space program or for a supplier to NASA you must get drug tested. Anyone working in an industry that supplies parts for aircraft is required by the FAA to get drug tested. Not knowledgeable about military contracts but it would surprise me if you worked for a company that had government military contracts that you wouldn't need to be drug tested.

nuke power - entry test, random tests and can be called "for cause" testing any time management thinks you are unfit for duty. same goes for alcohol.

Not sure of the amount of times but, Pitt's penalties are more stringent than most similar where details can be found.

If true....and I sense that it is....

Then Narduzzis tenure as the head coach at Pitt is likely in the 7th inning.....

And maybe explains in some part the abrupt departure of Todd graham??

Reactions: bubba31
But if Prop 48 was a legal thing to do, why should you handcuff yourself with added restrictions? You should want to cheat, because ALL THE WINNERS DO with few repercussions. But even if you don't cheat your standards should be the absolute rock bottom minimum allowed.
Or if it's simply too distasteful, get out of the business all together. It's not helping anyone to participate in the way they do. Like entering a race with a blindfold and both legs tied behind your torso -- which you're also testing incessantly.

Seriously, just get out. I'll follow other sports teams that seriously compete on the same levels as their opponents. I'd miss Pitt football and basketball when all things are equal, but not when they're set up to get their heads bashed in every year before they even take the field or court.

If you work on any NASA manned space program or for a supplier to NASA you must get drug tested. Anyone working in an industry that supplies parts for aircraft is required by the FAA to get drug tested. Not knowledgeable about military contracts but it would surprise me if you worked for a company that had government military contracts that you wouldn't need to be drug tested.

Well, that is the case at most tech jobs. But, do they test for steroids? I doubt they would find that.

If true....and I sense that it is....

Then Narduzzis tenure as the head coach at Pitt is likely in the 7th inning.....

And maybe explains in some part the abrupt departure of Todd graham??
Absolutely.

The rather schizo nature of these latest suspensions ... some seeming too much, some too little, definitely suggests pitched battles were likely fought behind the scenes with the administration and compromises reached that likely satisfied nobody. As has happened countless times in the past going at least back to Sherrill. That gets very very old real fast for a HC.

That isn't true. They just need a policy in place and to have "random screenings". Some require an initial test and then nothing ever again. I know people who have worked for NASA, DoD, and some of the biggest suppliers to both (and on the biggest programs) and they have never been tested their entire careers.

Reactions: pittdan77
Absolutely.

The rather schizo nature of these latest suspensions ... some seeming too much, some too little, definitely suggests pitched battles were likely fought behind the scenes with the administration and compromises reached that likely satisfied nobody. As has happened countless times in the past going at least back to Sherrill. That gets very very old real fast for a HC.
The drug suspensions have no leeway. It is policy and once you test positive, University policy must be followed. There is no negotiation or behind the scenes battles. If the other suspensions were in fact for positive tests, Bookser's suspension is the only one where HCPN had any say.

Or if it's simply too distasteful, get out of the business all together. It's not helping anyone to participate in the way they do. Like entering a race with a blindfold and both legs tied behind your torso -- which you're also testing incessantly.

Seriously, just get out. I'll follow other sports teams that seriously compete on the same levels as their opponents. I'd miss Pitt football and basketball when all things are equal, but not when they're set up to get their heads bashed in every year before they even take the field or court.
Agreed totally, and I'd still follow Pitt football, build a 20000 seat on campus stadium and compete FULL BORE in D-1AA, I'd watch the 1-AA playoffs with enthusiasm if Pitt was in it. Better than the perpetual 6-6.

Well, that is the case at most tech jobs. But, do they test for steroids? I doubt they would find that.
Really? How do you define "tech job" I'm an IT Project Manager and have never been drug tested my entire career, 31 years.

Pitt's drug testing policy should just be whatever is the minimum the NCAA forces you to do, not one thing more.

Agreed totally, and I'd still follow Pitt football, build a 20000 seat on campus stadium and compete FULL BORE in D-1AA, I'd watch the 1-AA playoffs with enthusiasm if Pitt was in it. Better than the perpetual 6-6.

Beating clemson down there.....beating PSU at home......and going 6-6 this year.....next year...and the year after......

Is WAY more enjoyable than winning the 1-AA championship the next ten years in a row.

Reactions: bubba31
Beating clemson down there.....beating PSU at home......and going 6-6 this year.....next year...and the year after......

Is WAY more enjoyable than winning the 1-AA championship the next ten years in a row.
Not to me, I'd have MORE FUN, winning a lesser championship, than pulling an upset here and there and being perpetually mediocre because you don't compete full bore.

Pitt's drug testing policy should just be whatever is the minimum the NCAA forces you to do, not one thing more.
Which is that you have to have one nd follow it, not that you have to have certain penalties for positive tests. Pitt could create a policy that leaves it entirely up in the air and at AD/coach discretion. OkState got busted for not following their policy requiring 10% and 50% suspensions for positive tests. What did they do after that? They revised the policy to "up to" 10% and 50% suspensions. Boom, no one HAS to be suspended, at least in the money programs and with top players. The NCAA has no qualms and your program is policed the way you want it.

Pitt is hurting itself.

Reactions: Pitt79
unacceptable for any player to be in this situation. Don't these idiots get the news? F'in stupid.

Not worth getting worked up about. As long as there has been college football, there have been kids getting in trouble and breaking the rules. You try to recruit the best kids you can, give them some rules and teach them about life...but it is just the nature of kids, that they are going to make stupid mistakes. It is part of growing up and college athletics. At least nobody was injured. Hail to Pitt!

It really seems fraudulent at times. It's like the Pirates. Pitt wants people to pay major league money and constantly leaks bemoaning stats (including on boards like these) that we're last in the ACC in donations etc. But what do they expect with garbage like this.

Time and again Pitt fans have proven they'll step up, attend in high numbers and pay for the privilege but if and only if there's demonstrable effort being made to compete with our peers.

It not the company that out to date. The problem is that federal standards are set up where marijuana is still illegal regardless of local law. Companies who are regulated by the federal government (i.e. mining for example) must uphold those regulations. Do you think if a person is killed in job site accident and the person responsible tests positive for marijuana that OSHA is just going to ignore it because it legal there? So people in general have to be aware of that. My company does a ton of federal contracts. Employees have been notified that they still must follow federal and companies policies. Until legalization is done on a federal level you are going to run into these problems.

As we all know the problem with a "positive test" for marijuana, you could have smoked a bong last Saturday and the next Friday be tested and you show a "positive" test. But you are no more high or under the influence than the most avid non imbiber.

As we all know the problem with a "positive test" for marijuana, you could have smoked a bong last Saturday and the next Friday be tested and you show a "positive" test. But you are no more high or under the influence than the most avid non imbiber.
We also know that a ridiculously high percentage of star players imbibe, are not going to deny themselves for even more than a few hours let alone days, and most are closer to Leveon Bell or Martavious Bryant in their intelligence (or arrogance) about it ... yet most don't get caught in their tests, in fact astonishingly few do at the elite programs and never a player of the comparative status of a Whitehead at those programs ... so how do they do it?

I am self employed and like to have nice refer brownie with my coffee.....wait, what was I going to say?
My dilemma with pot would be that I hate to smoke anything, and I wouldn't want the weird taste of some dried oregano like substance ruining the flavor of a moist chewy chocolatey brownie. I guess that would leave the processed synthesis of the chemical consumed some other way... which sounds frightening. Geez, even the THOUGHT of taking that drug is making me paranoid! Guess I'll stick wth my friend Johnny Walker and his brothers Blackie and Red...

It really seems fraudulent at times. It's like the Pirates. Pitt wants people to pay major league money and constantly leaks bemoaning stats (including on boards like these) that we're last in the ACC in donations etc. But what do they expect with garbage like this.

Time and again Pitt fans have proven they'll step up, attend in high numbers and pay for the privilege but if and only if there's demonstrable effort being made to compete with our peers.

Seemed like Pitt was going all-in on athletics this time.
Now we're back to suspending All American candidates for huge games despite having no depth.
And lets face it - if the infraction was something major, we'd know about it b/c there'd be an arrest. But there's not.
And now I catch myself checking in on the Steelers more than Pitt for the first time ever.
Same Ole Pitt is taking a toll.
How long does Narduzzi put up with this before he gtfo while his market value is still high?

BWtYYiYCcAAzsB6.jpg

Really? How do you define "tech job" I'm an IT Project Manager and have never been drug tested my entire career, 31 years.[/QUOTE
"All" companies have pre employment drug and alcohol testing and maybe not much after that depending on the job they work in and if there's no federal requirement. If there's some kind of incident and you're involved count on being drug and alcohol tested.
Temp agencies drug & alcohol test all applicants in the screening process.
It depends on what kind of job that u work in.
Airline pilots, truck drivers, any CDL driver, bus driver, heavy equipment operators, any employee governed by MSHA,police, fire, rescue, etc. are subject to pre employment and random drug testing.

Last edited:
Ahhh the more socially accepted drug of alcohol. I do not like what alcohol does to my system but to each their own. Carry on

My dilemma with pot would be that I hate to smoke anything, and I wouldn't want the weird taste of some dried oregano like substance ruining the flavor of a moist chewy chocolatey brownie. I guess that would leave the processed synthesis of the chemical consumed some other way... which sounds frightening. Geez, even the THOUGHT of taking that drug is making me paranoid! Guess I'll stick wth my friend Johnny Walker and his brothers Blackie and Red...

Time and again Pitt fans have proven they'll step up, attend in high numbers and pay for the privilege , uh. when was that exactly? Hell, I'll take one time as I spent a lot of times sitting in Pitt Stadium with 15,000 + empty seats during a few 11-1 seasons.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Not sure what you mean by that. The only "set" penalties I know of is the mandated 1 year loss of eligibility by the NCAA for drug test failure.

I mean that our institutional testing policy lays out the penalties for your first failure, second failure, third failure, etc. I was pointing that out so that people know this wasn't something that came from Narduzzi.

I mean that our institutional testing policy lays out the penalties for your first failure, second failure, third failure, etc. I was pointing that out so that people know this wasn't something that came from Narduzzi.

Do they have that at Pitt though? I've never hear that sort of system in place.

Maybe a recent player can enlighten us with this.

Why just last year they nabbed the "Cap'n Crunch All CAPS Award for Achievement in CAPS" Nobody should dis someone with a CCACAAC in their case. No one!
Maybe you need to respect people, especially since you've accomplished nothing yourself. I've been project manager for computer online applications that EVERY AMERICAN, 100% OF YOU will use in your lifetime guaranteed if you haven't already.

Maybe you need to respect people, especially since you've accomplished nothing yourself. I've been project manager for computer online applications that EVERY AMERICAN, 100% OF YOU will use in your lifetime guaranteed if you haven't already.

Pretty impressive. Such as? Are you the Candy crush guy?

Maybe you need to respect people...Respect is earned. Why in the hell would I respect some anonymous soul out there in the digital ether?

Last edited:
Reactions: _fugazi_
Ahhh the more socially accepted drug of alcohol. I do not like what alcohol does to my system but to each their own. Carry on
Point is ... well that post had no real point... other than make me wish I had some brownies.

But in the relation to this thread, at least booze is legal, and Pitt's squarepants administration is apparently so freaking ridiculously preposterously paranoid about weed, it triples the penalty on players who do nothing more than smoke it, vs the penalty for a notorious boozehound player who not only drinks heavily but smashes up his car and threatens the police after.

Pretty impressive. Such as? Are you the Candy crush guy?

Maybe you need to respect people...Respect is earned. Why in the hell would I respect some anonymous soul out there in the digital ether?
If a was the candy crush guy that would be just as impressive. Jst realize you don't know who you're talking to, and you can't judge anything about anyone from comments they make on an anonymous forum.

All I can think of now with the suspensions, dismissals ( Blair & Taleni), Bookster leaving to Star on the Show Cops etc is. " Oh I forgot the recruit that cant see to achieve grades that will allow him to be a PITT "student athlete"????
WHEN DOES HOCKEY START!!!!
GO PENS!

And camp just started I'm sure there's more surprises just around the corner only because thats PITT's history and we seem to on the same track regardless of the HC, AD, or Chancelor!

Last edited:

Yes we do. We randomly drug test and there is a system of sanctions for failures.

Yes.

Why would we need a recent player to enlighten us? Pitt has a policy and the NCAA mandates they follow that policy. If they don't they are subject to investigation and punishment.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwh05
If a was the candy crush guy that would be just as impressive. Jst realize you don't know who you're talking to, and you can't judge anything about anyone from comments they make on an anonymous forum.
hmm, says the guy who said..especially since you've accomplished nothing yourself....hahaha, peace!

btw...I thought I was talking to the project manager of a major, major app development team that created a chunk of software that everyone uses but he dare not speak of...

Last edited:
Reactions: _fugazi_
hmm, says the guy who said..especially since you've accomplished nothing yourself....hahaha, peace!

btw...I thought I was talking to the project manager of a major, major app development team that created a chunk of software that everyone uses but he dare not speak of...
Someday you will apply for retirement benefits

For whatever reason these guys are failing, it's happening because they're violating a policy that they're aware of, and yet choose to ignore. I'd guess they showed up "hot" once and because of that, are subjected to more screenings than normal.

I don't know what other schools do but if I was HCPN, I would make sure I had some sessions in the big room where the policy is explained. Doesn't matter what the policy is, just repeat it over and over. Even though it probably has been, over and over and over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT