ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse - NC State

Packer and Durham were breaking this game down. Both basically said they have no idea what to expect and cant predict this game because they nobody knows anything about these teams. Its midway through October and these teams have combined to beat Holy Cross, Western Carolina, Western Michigan, East Carolina, Ball State and Liberty (all at home). Contrast that with Pitt who has a road win at Duke, a win over Top 25ish UCF, and a very close loss against a possible CFP team in Penn State.

Watching part of the game ( off and on with the Pens game) strikes me that if healthy we should progress well throughout the rest of the season! H2P

NC State lost to the hoopies on the road and I think they would have lost to the hoopies even if it was played in Raleigh. They aren’t the same type team that they have had the last two years.

when Syracuse beats a really good team then give me a call. They look like 6-6 to me. I just hope our defense quiets them down next week and gets the crowd out of the game

I'm sure just coincidence, but the Carolina school has hardly any penalties while the yankee school gets flag after flag. I know...Carolina schools are just better disciplined (sarc).

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Syracuse has not played well at all this half. Had a chance for some momentum going into half and got a bad break on hitting the goalpost. We will see what second half brings but I agree with the OP who stated NCState getting home a lot while only rushing 3.

I don't know if Pitt will win the game @Cuse, but there is little doubt our D-line is going to destroy Cuse's O-line.

Reactions: TFloss
For some reason I thought Syracuse sucked last season and they won 10 games, now I think they are good and they are playing like garbage. Not impressed by Devito but next week is a new week. Each week is a surprise in college football. Never know what will happen.

I don't think they beat any teams with winning records besides their bowl.

Didn’t Cuse get 62’d against Maryland?

Who said they are good?

EDIT:63’d

Cuse is really bad this year. Don't think it'll be close.
I just hope we don’t look past Syracuse. We should win, especially from their performance tonight, but it has the makings of a “trap game” IMO. Friday night at the Dome, we’re on a winning streak, and we have Miami for homecoming the next Saturday.

I’m confident Coach Narduzzi will keep them focused, though. Just go 1-0 every week!

Reactions: Dan1911
Cuse? They've beaten 3 turds and gotten stomped by 35+ twice. Their offense stinks and they can't defend the run at all. I know that's not our strong suit, but no better time than next week to get rolling.

Devito's inability to run the ball really hobbles their offense. Dungy would have 75 plus yards rushing in this game.

I just hope we don’t look past Syracuse. We should win, especially from their performance tonight, but it has the makings of a “trap game” IMO. Friday night at the Dome, we’re on a winning streak, and we have Miami for homecoming the next Saturday.

I’m confident Coach Narduzzi will keep them focused, though. Just go 1-0 every week!
Yeah - always seem to be really close games with them. I'd expect the same next week.

Devito's inability to run the ball really hobbles their offense. Dungy would have 75 plus yards rushing in this game.
They were really expecting big things out of Devito this year after a few inspiring fill-in duties last year. Very similar situation to Pickett where a small sample size in year one led to too lofty of expectations in his first full year as a starter, IMO.

One of those completely irrelevant stats boxing Pitt in negativity. Thanks for your contribution.
I disagree. I’d argue it’s a pretty fascinating stat and, in fact, the exact opposite of negative.

That -6 point differential is 73rd in the country, yet Pitt is T-38th in the country for winning percentage. I’m sure that’ll change as the sample size grows larger, but it’s an unusual correlation considering we haven’t been in any lopsided games that skew the differential.

That goes to show how resilient this team is. I don’t think many recent Pitt teams would be where we are right now, and that’s a credit to both Narduzzi and the players.

I missed it. I have been channel surfing. What did he say?
Do you remember the story a while back when a midget man was causing a ruckus at that Bagel Boss shop in Brooklyn?

#8 for Syracuse broke up a pass in the endzone on third and goal and began getting in the face of the receiver, who was much taller than him. The act drew a penalty and a new set of downs. McAfee described the taunting as a “Bagel Boss situation,” which made the other announcers break down laughing. He’s very good at coming up with one-liners on the fly!

Not saying Cuse lost the game because of refs, but these refs sucked. They call the play dead for false start. Everyone stops except for one NC St defender, who proceeds to hit Devito to ground. No flag on NC St for unsportsmanlike conduct, just Cuse for offsides. Then on the last play of game,they call offside on Cuse when really it was NC St who was offside first.

As said before, it is tough being north of the Mason Dixon line in this conference. Especially playing away in tobacco road.

Last edited:
Do you remember the story a while back when a midget man was causing a ruckus at that Bagel Boss shop in Brooklyn?

#8 for Syracuse broke up a pass in the endzone on third and goal and began getting in the face of the receiver, who was much taller than him. The act drew a penalty and a new set of downs. McAfee described the taunting as a “Bagel Boss situation,” which made the other announcers break down laughing. He’s very good at coming up with one-liners on the fly!
Nice! He has some good ones, but I think he is more suited for the WWE.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT