ADVERTISEMENT

Team voted no on NIT

I was just going to bump my post about Hinson breaking young’s single season scoring record, but if that’s what the team wanted. He was only 81 points away with likely at least 3 games.

It should be completely up to the players to decide. A true Pitt fan would support their decision. Everyone knows the NIT is a joke and we aren’t the first team to decline it.
No. It should not be.

They voted against going in 1992. School forced them to go.

Reactions: brickfhouse
I disagree with this. If individual players choose to opt out that’s one thing, but for the program this equals extra exposure, revenue, and practices. If selected, put a team on the floor. The NIT is no different than the football team playing in the Sun Bowl. Take advantage of the extras it affords.

I disagree with this. If individual players choose to opt out that’s one thing, but for the program this equals extra exposure, revenue, and practices. If selected, put a team on the floor. The NIT is no different than the football team playing in the Sun Bowl. Take advantage of the extras it affords.
They played over 30 games. There’s. Nothing the extra games are going to do to develop them It’s a long season and they gave everything they have down the stretch. Playing in meaningless games few watch has little value

Going to the NIT is like going to a lower bowl game in football. It is good to play for the practice, exposure, etc.

Sucks. I was hoping we'd get to see us play again this year. Now, it's all about whether Bub stays or goes.

I think they should play in the NIT. They are a top seed. It seems to be a rash decision. Hopefully they rethink it. Especially with a potential for 3 home games as a one seed.

I'm kind of bummed, I was looking forward to watching them play a couple more games this season.

I agree with Crazy Paco and others. Everyone's been complaining for weeks about the bogus NCAA committee criteria that would exclude us. There is no reason to respond to an NIT invitation with a reaction to the bogus NCAA tournament snub. The NIT is another opportunity to play ball and overcome challenges. They should play.

They played over 30 games. There’s. Nothing the extra games are going to do to develop them It’s a long season and they gave everything they have down the stretch. Playing in meaningless games few watch has little value
Time to start and finish early with recruiting.

Because it is a big time losers attitude to quit.

I have news for them, the program is not better than the NIT.

I wouldn't call them losers. That's harsh. Those are great kids. However, you are correct that this program is definitely not better than the NIT. Its not that far removed from a self-imposed death penalty. I don't think this program should be giving options to players about participating in the NIT. Its part of the season in my opinion, just like the Birmingham Bowl, Fenway Bowl, and Motor City Bowl. If seniors want to opt out to avoid injury, I'm fine with that. Play who you have. I dont like this at all.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
He shouldn't allowed it to be put up for a vote. And neither should have Heather.

The stupidest thing is to vote on something immediately after the disappointment of not getting in, when emotions are so high.
How do you know this vote wasn’t taken 24 hours ago? You have no idea how long this decision has been in the making.

I probably the last person to defend Jeff Capel on this website but it’s his responsibility to be the steward for the team, not Crazy Paco’s viewing pleasures

Did you attend the GW vs Pitt game last time we played at The Pete in the NIT? There were about 1,000 fans and change in attendance.

Fun fact (well, OK, not really). Pitt has played a home game in the NIT six times in school history. I have been in attendance at all six.

1984 versus Notre Dame
1992 versus Florida
1997 versus New Orleans
2001 versus St. Bonaventure
2001 versus Mississippi State
2015 versus George Washington

He shouldn't allowed it to be put up for a vote. And neither should have Heather.

The stupidest thing is to vote on something immediately after the disappointment of not getting in, when emotions are so high.
The pairings are announced at 9:30 tonight. How exactly do you know when it was taken and when would you like it to happen?

Leave now. If you think you can dictate the careers of other people who owe you nothing, take your hubris elsewhere
I could care less about the NIT and really wouldn’t have much interest in watching it.

But even given that, can’t say I understand your ‘people who owe you nothing’ comment. Back in the good ole days, these people/players signed up to represent the school and did kind of owe it to the school, donors and fans. And now in this day of significant NIL $, I’m thinking they owe it even more so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT