ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G

So first the school gave him a two-week suspension in the middle of a dead period, then the school newspaper went all-in on him/them. Now they’re “re-opening the investigation.”

I guess Northwestern forgot they have a good journalism school? :oops:

So first the school gave him a two-week suspension in the middle of a dead period, then the school newspaper went all-in on him/them. Now they’re “re-opening the investigation.”

That’s still far better than the Post Gazette did ( still does ) about PSU scandals

What is good journalism these days? Selecting a narrative and finding what you need to support your predetermined outcome ( both sides of the aisle)?

Reactions: HailToPitt725

They are in a tight spot, just rolled out their new football stadium plan.

Ever since the cheap shots on Peterman and Connor in the Pinstripe bowl, I cannot stand Fitzgerald and Northwestern. A jobber program, hope he gets what he deserves and is shown the sidewalk
Same. F him. Be nice and well deserved if he were imprisoned for something like this, but nothing at all will happen. If he does happen to be pushed out, Franklin will probably hire him as a ‘special assistant’. Post Gazette “thrilled”.

Same. F him. Be nice and well deserved if he were imprisoned for something like this, but nothing at all will happen. If he does happen to be pushed out, Franklin will probably hire him as a ‘special assistant’. Post Gazette “thrilled”.

he would probably end up with Saban, the Lourdes of college football coach rehab programs where all sins are washed cleaned

and no penalty called, most bowl games are meaningless, but that would have given first nine win season since 2009 and a top 25 final ranking. That's why I'm still hot over those cheap shots
It’s the first thing I think of now when I think of Nortnwestern ….the POS game plan they executed

Now… it’s likely become the second thing I’ll think of…😂

Can’t wait to hear Ron Cooks thoughts, being a Northwestern grad. Of course He’s more of a Pitt fan than a northwestern fan these days.

What is good journalism these days? Selecting a narrative and finding what you need to support your predetermined outcome ( both sides of the aisle)?
Journalism is dead. That’s an absolute fact. The only ones to take seriously are the independent ones because they don’t work for a paper or network thats in bed with special interests and political parties.

Apparently the NW school paper is leading the way here

Those kids knew this was completely phucked up
Refreshing but surprising a B1G student paper wouldn’t be in lock step with the football program.

In fact I believe that is the single essay question on the admissions application for Penn State: “If you learned (from an outside witch hunt) that a beloved accomplished legendary football coach was being extorted by evil individuals claiming he had engaged in what some outsiders might claim are questionable bodily immersions, explain how you would engage in a campaign to deny and rationalize it, ahead of going outside to push over and set ablaze the muckraking news van sent by external devils bent on destroying God’s chosen program. If you want to use the space on the form to draw a sKetch of Sir Joseph Paterno with a heart around it, this is an acceptable option.”

Really though, if it is all about the average per school tv revenue, then why do they need Northwestern?
That’s why I think the end game would be all the biggest brands breaking off and creating the “super league.” No need in giving schools like them or Vanderbilt the same slice of the pie when you can make yours bigger.

That’s why I think the end game would be all the biggest brands breaking off and creating the “super league.” No need in giving schools like them or Vanderbilt the same slice of the pie when you can make yours bigger.

Probably why Northwestern is investing so much in that new stadium. They can threaten a huge lawsuit if the BIG tries to drop them.

“Journalism” is and has been for some time “Entertainment”.
The goal now is to, as you say, find what you need to support your narrative so as to sell more air time, hits on your web site, sell papers, boost the ad buy.
The truth, well, as Charles Foster Kane said….. The people will think what I tell them to think.

Reactions: Dan1911
And he's gone, can't believe it took so long after the investigation found that the accusations were largely confirmed by multiple players.

Plot twist....guess who was the AD at Northwestern while scandal was ongoing. It was ACC commissioner, Jim Phillips.

Might be a chance for his ACC detractors to make a play to get rid of him.😈

Plot twist....guess who was the AD at Northwestern while scandal was ongoing. It was ACC commissioner, Jim Phillips.

Might be a chance for his ACC detractors to make a play to get rid of him.😈
Do we want Phillips removed, though? I don’t have much of an opinion one way or another on him. The unequal revenue sharing looked like something out of nothing, although I’m not sure how much direct involvement he had in it.

I guess Fitzgerald lawyers up and sues for his buyout since I'm sure the school will argue this voided his contract. In order to avoid discovery and exposing all of the dirty details to the public, the school settles quickly and Fitzgerald is working for Alabama or Georgia as a "consultant" this fall. Probably lands somewhere like WVU next winter because they've never let something like a little scandal get in the way of anything. Five years from now, NW is a joke in the B1G and WVU fans are clamoring to get rid of Fitzgerald.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT