ADVERTISEMENT

The Last Dance

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
So I’m almost to the point of seeing so many ads for this that I don’t even care about Jordan anymore, but this should be pretty great, right? Even for the I hate the NBA guys we have here.

Props to a young Adam Silver for convincing Jordan to record the whole season.

I'm excited. I love the NBA, sort of hate Jordan, and want to see what an actual huddle with egos like Jordan and Phil Jackson in a timeout is like.

I’m pretty jacked for it. I hope there is good footage of Jordan and Pippen ripping on Jerry Krause.

I had always felt if Jordan didn’t retire the 1993-94 Bulls team would have been the franchise’s best ever.

Reactions: thom67 and cabe23
I am looking forward to it. Before I went to Pitt, UNC was my team. I followed them heavily from 1974 till I went to Pitt in 1984. The radio station that broadcast UNC games was 1110 WBT from Charlotte and I would listen to all of their games on the radio and keep the stats. I lived and died with UNC basketball until I went to Pitt and my favorite players were Mike O'Koren, James Worthy and then Michael Jordan. I was a Jordan fan before most really knew who he was.

I’m pretty jacked for it. I hope there is good footage of Jordan and Pippen ripping on Jerry Krause.

I had always felt if Jordan didn’t retire the 1993-94 Bulls team would have been the franchise’s best ever.

They won 55 games without Jordan. One game away from the conference Finals, right? Very good team. Prime Pippen and Grant plus rookie Kukoc; Kerr and BJ both averaged like 43% from three. Smart trade to get Longley.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
They won 55 games without Jordan. One game away from the conference Finals, right? Very good team. Prime Pippen and Grant plus rookie Kukoc; Kerr and BJ both averaged like 43% from three. Smart trade to get Longley.

I won't watch because it doesn't interest me even a little bit. But, you guys go ahead and enjoy it since it you obviously will enjoy it. To each his own.:)

They won 55 games without Jordan. One conference finals game away from the NBA Finals, right? Very good team. Prime Pippen and Grant plus rookie Kukoc; Kerr and BJ both averaged like 43% from three.
The Bulls got screwed in Game 5 versus the Knicks. Pippen was called for the foul on Hubert Davis, who to his credit hit two pressure-packed foul shots to win, 87-86. Had the Bulls won and went back to Chicago up 3-2 it clinches at home in a blowout.

I could have seen the Bulls beating the Pacers in the conference finals as Indiana just wasn’t ready for the big stage at that time.

That foul really saved Ewing and Riley embarrassment. Losing to a Jordan-less Bulls team with home court would have been really bad.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Right now I'll watch anything that has some sort of a contest. What I like (at least what I have read) is this is a pretty gritty look into those teams, not some puff, orchestrated highlights video designed to make Bulls fans feel good. So I am really interested in seeing the personalities.

So I’m almost to the point of seeing so many ads for this that I don’t even care about Jordan anymore, but this should be pretty great, right? Even for the I hate the NBA guys we have here.

Props to a young Adam Silver for convincing Jordan to record the whole season.
When and what station?

It's been good thus far. I'm hooked.

Left us with the Pippen cliffhanger in the last episode.

I really wanted to see how Pippen's trade demand was resolved. Gotta wait till next weekend.

That traveling cocaine circus line brought out a laugh from Jordan that I had never seen.

I liked right after with Sam Smith, MacMullen and Adande when Jackie said there was a time before his fame became immense how easy Jordan was to talk to at practices and at the arena.

This article from si.com today showed how Jordan remembered some teenager from the Olympic trials at the NBA All-Star in Jordan’s rookie year.
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/19/michael-jordan-stories-1984-olympic-trials
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/19/michael-jordan-stories-1984-olympic-trials

Regarding Pippen, I thought one big trade rumor that year was Pippen for Kemp.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
category_468_6540.jpg

I just ordered Lou Malnati's famous Chicago Deep Deep Pizza to eat while watching the future episodes of "The Last Dance"! - LINK

Last edited:
You know how you enjoyed something on TV? Is when two hours is up and you can't believe it went that fast. So far, and I imagine it gets better it is great.

I especially love the endlessly Bourbon filled glass along side MJ. If you notice throughout, it goes down, gets filled back up. Classic!

Also, man when he was a rookie he looked like he was 13. Also, I think this will end any Kobe/MJ debate. Kobe was great but Jordan was otherwordly.

Also, Patton Oswalt can play Jerry Krause in the movie.

So many great players in the history of the league from Lebron, Kobe Bryant, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, West, and so on.

But there is only 1 Jordan. He stands above them all.

So many great players in the history of the league from Lebron, Kobe Bryant, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, West, and so on.

Yes, but I more enjoyed seeing glimpses of Rick Carlisle, Greg Kite, Luc Longley, and how about Bill Wennington looking like an extra from Sons of Anarchy now?

And again, anyone debating the greatness......Jordan scored 112 points in two games as a 22 year old, in the Garden, against the Bird, DJ, Parish, McHale, Walton, Celtics. That's 56ppg average. On the road. In the playoffs. After sitting out with a broken foot the previous few months.

Yes, but I more enjoyed seeing glimpses of Rick Carlisle, Greg Kite, Luc Longley, and how about Bill Wennington looking like an extra from Sons of Anarchy now?

And again, anyone debating the greatness......Jordan scored 112 points in two games as a 22 year old, in the Garden, against the Bird, DJ, Parish, McHale, Walton, Celtics. That's 56ppg average. On the road. In the playoffs. After sitting out with a broken foot the previous few months.
Wennington had a pretty sweet-looking game room.

That's also 56 ppg versus perhaps the greatest team ever.

Reactions: HOF Coach

Yeah. I think you can make a case that LeBron at least merits being in the discussion, but unless he goes on a tear and wins 3 or 4 with the Lakers, he is just a close #2.

category_468_6540.jpg

I just ordered Lou Malnati's famous Chicago Deep Deep Pizza to eat while watching the future episodes of "The Last Dance"! - LINK

This is the correct deep dish to order. Good job.

I feel pretty lucky that I was just old enough to remember the last Jordan championship and then came of age as an NBA fan watching Kobe and LeBron. Three of the top 10 best players ever?

I’ll always remember the Bulls 1st championship in 91’ not only because we lived in Chicago at the time and were diehard Bulls fans but also because we named our second son after Michael. My wife had two ultrasounds that both said it was a girl so when she delivered a boy we were shocked - and obviously had no boys names picked. After 3 days they’re ready to send you home but they needed a name for the birth certificate and we just couldn’t decide. Then the Bulls won it all the night before discharge and we both looked at each other and said that’s it - no other name but Michael would be fitting.

Loved the first two episodes! I became a Bulls fan in the 70s, I could name the 1974 team, for some reason? They never won anything then, but they where good. So it's not like I jumped on the MJ bandwagon, and I was a hardcore Bulls fan throughout the Jordan Era. I guess they still are "my team" but seriously, I just kind of lost interest in the NBA after 1998, it's all been a let down FOR ME since. The thing that sucks was Jerry Krause breaking it up early! I would of let them stay together and try for 7.

The thing that sucks was Jerry Krause breaking it up early! I would of let them stay together and try for 7.

It made no sense to break up that team. For the Jerrys to think the team was on its last leg was not true.

Harper won a couple of more titles with the Lakers and Kerr won two I believe with the Spurs. Kuckoc played eight more seasons in the NBA.

Pippen almost made the Finals in 1999-00 but the Basketball Gods sure love the Lakers. Rodman went off the deep end for sure. I'm not sure he could have stayed straight for two more years, but he did do well in a structured environment.

The strike season in 1998-99 would have been perfect for those guys to rest up their bodies before the season started in 1999.

Last edited:
Watching both episodes has just made me even more depressed about the fact that I was only old enough to remember Jordans wizard years :( I was robbed of the greatest player ever

Actually, Pippen is the poster child for easing transfer rules. He was a 6'1" decent skilled guy entering college. He ended up growing like 6" maintaining those guard skills, still grew another inch or two, continued to develop. If it was nowadays, He would have easily been gobbled up by Arkansas or Kansas or Oklahoma or Memphis at Central Arkansas.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT