ADVERTISEMENT

There was a good discussion on the FAN today

1) You could build academic facilities within the complex.
2) Intramural and club level sports could use it.
3) Use it for concerts, and other entertainment.

Colorado St constructed a 48k seat plus standing room on
campus stadium that includes a large academic complex , sports medicine and physical fitness facilities for the athletic teams and students.
The facility is multi purpose and is used everyday for many campus and community events.
Due the add of academic, sports medicine, and fitness space CSU didn't have to add another building elsewhere on campus.

Its been a huge success.

Sports Alums like myself (ski team), business owners (me again) and others lead the fundraising drive which is ongoing.

CSU had two big advantages over other on campus projects open space and cheap land.

The on campus stadium facility must be multi purpose so it's used everyday, all year long, or its DOA as a project.

Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers
Signed: Mrs Buffett
"Save a horse ride a cowboy"

Last edited:
You don't need a ademic facilities. Stadiums built post 2000 get used every day. People saying that they only get used on gamedays are still living in the 1960's. Heinz gets used for weddings and conferences every week. Baylor and Minnesota get utilized similarly. Both have really nice facilities. Either Baylor or TCU had former football alumni foot the bill for a $10 million dollar lounge that is used for recruiting and conferences. On gameday it becomes an exclusive lounge for former lettermen. Luxury boxes are used year round in modern stadiums.

Colorado St constructed a 48k seat plus standing room on
campus stadium that includes a large academic complex , sports medicine and physical fitness facilities for the athletic teams and students.
The facility is multi purpose and is used everyday for many campus and community events.
Due the add of academic, sports medicine, and fitness space CSU didn't have to add another building elsewhere on campus.

Its been a huge success.

Sports Alums like myself (ski team), business owners (me again) and others lead the fundraising drive which is ongoing.

CSU had two big advantages over other on campus projects open space and cheap land.

The on campus stadium facility must be multi purpose so it's used everyday, all year long, or its DOA as a project.

Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers
Signed: Mrs Buffett
"Save a horse ride a cowboy"

Too bad CSU's old stadium was four miles from campus. I always thought it was a simple yet beautiful stadium design, at least from the pictures I saw. Reminded me of a little Autzen the way it is built into the hill.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT