ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero

It would be very hard to add someone in the portal worse than Will. There are literally 500 better players in the portal. He's a 10 PPG guy at a low major
I meant a guy who is better than Jeffress D who is willing to only play 3-5 mins or not at all each game.

I meant a guy who is better than Jeffress D who is willing to only play 3-5 mins or not at all each game.

No disrespect to Will because he is a great kid but he wasnt even in the rotation and besides the Wake home game, he had about as much impact on the w/l results as KJ Marshall as you or I. So it would be basically impossible to get someone who had less of an impact. I hope he does well elsewhere. Would love to see him at RMU.

He aver
No disrespect to Will because he is a great kid but he wasnt even in the rotation and besides the Wake home game, he had about as much impact on the w/l results as KJ Marshall as you or I. So it would be basically impossible to get someone who had less of an impact. I hope he does well elsewhere. Would love to see him at RMU.
He averaged more than 10 minutes a game in 31 games. I agree minimal impact, but those are minutes when other players are in foul trouble.

Yes there is a chance but it is an uphill battle and sounds like it is heavily on getting him enough NIL $
UL supposedly in the mix to the tune of $1M...I don't think our hometown discount can match that

He aver

He averaged more than 10 minutes a game in 31 games. I agree minimal impact, but those are minutes when other players are in foul trouble.

And there were like 1500 other D1 players who could have given us a very similar level of contribution that Will gave us.

And there were like 1500 other D1 players who could have given us a very similar level of contribution that Will gave us.
Yet they didn’t and Pitt had an open ship. It is very likely they have an open ship again unless they are taking lottery picks with redshirt freshman. No 9-10 players will want to come here with what is ahead of them.

Pitt is in Thiero's final 5 along with UNC, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Indiana lol. Quite the group.

He wouldn’t be a 10ppg guy at RMU. Some guys just aren’t scorers and nothing in his game suggested that he’d be a scoring option at an RMU or a NJIT or a Colgate.

He wouldn’t be a 10ppg guy at RMU. Some guys just aren’t scorers and nothing in his game suggested that he’d be a scoring option at an RMU or a NJIT or a Colgate.

He honestly has to be one of the biggest busts in recent memory...nationally. A Top 75 guy who turned out to be a lower D1/D2 talent. Really crazy how misevaluated he was. I was happy with the signing but the fact he only averaged 21 PPG in a low-level HS league had me wondering what was up with that. You need to average 30+ at that level if you are major D1.

So if he were to choose Pitt, they would be 10 deep but really only consistent minutes for 8 or 9.

1-3: 120 possible
Lowe 35
Ish 35
Dunn 20
Cummings 20
Austin 10

4-5: 80 minutes
Thiero 35
Corhen 30
GDG or Kante 15

Deep bench
JDG
Barnes

So if he were to choose Pitt, they would be 10 deep but really only consistent minutes for 8 or 9.

1-3: 120 possible
Lowe 35
Ish 35
Dunn 20
Cummings 20
Austin 10

4-5: 80 minutes
Thiero 35
Corhen 30
GDG or Kante 15

Deep bench
JDG
Barnes
Thiero is starting if he comes here, point blank end of discussion. Whether it is 3 guard lineup with him at the 4 or Leggett or Dunn off the bench.

Reactions: Hogmuncher
Yep no doubt. But minute wise, if he commits, Austin/GDG minutes drastically reduced. Which I would take that trade.
Absolutley take that trade. Austin could still start but will be interested whether they go 3 guards or some combination of Austin and Thiero at the 3-4. I love the twins but don't want GDG starting in any circumstance

Well that is better news and a surprise to this pessimist. Hope we luck out in the end.
Agree. But if we lose, we get to face him a few times a season over the next few years. I’d rather it be between us and a non ACC team. A double gut punch if he doesn’t chose Pitt.

Reactions: Hogmuncher
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT