ADVERTISEMENT

This defense deserves a better offense

I’m not sure I agree about Coach O.

He hired Canada, and the rumors were he was shocked that this was Canada’s offense when he finally saw it. It was believed the hire was forced on him.
He then took the offense away from Canada during the season, and fired him right away after the season.

Who did he replace him with? Somebody who has no real offensive success and ran an offense so old school they had to bring in somebody specifically to teach his handpicked OC how to throw the football.

And now that guy is gone and Coach O is back with just his dinosaur at OC.
Coach O's "we got to go to the spread" quote to Emsminger and decision to completely overhaul the offense after LSu lost its 8th straght to bama was pretty well publicized. he's not as dumb as he looks.

Your OP said the conversation needed to be about Narduzzi. Fair enough. Then you proceeded to reference fired or discredited coaches (all of whom were highly successful btw) and ended up only with Saban as the survivor.
Are you suggesting Narduzzi be fired? A cut in his pay? If you do that then you are obligated (if you genuinely want to discuss Narduzzi as a whole) to address his success thus far. You asked me "why" you would not give Narduzzi credit for the defense. My answer is that you didn't...not even while discussing him.

No, I said *if* the conversation is going to be about hiring a third OC in 5 years, *then* the conversation needs to be about Narduzzi. But I didn’t originally state we needed to have that conversation.

And I’m still not sure what I’m not crediting Narduzzi with? He gets all the credit in the world for the defense. There seems to be some next step from there you want me to take in terms of credit, but I’m not sure what it is?

And all of those coaches had good to very good success relative to their programs, until the offensive philosophy of those coaches caused the bottom to fall out (Muschamp), or the program realized the offensive philosophy was going to put a ceiling on the program, even with a great defense.

Your OP said the conversation needed to be about Narduzzi. Fair enough. Then you proceeded to reference fired or discredited coaches (all of whom were highly successful btw) and ended up only with Saban as the survivor.
Are you suggesting Narduzzi be fired? A cut in his pay? If you do that then you are obligated (if you genuinely want to discuss Narduzzi as a whole) to address his success thus far. You asked me "why" you would not give Narduzzi credit for the defense. My answer is that you didn't...not even while discussing him.
For me, Narduzzi deserves all the credit in the world for building this defense. And hiring Bates has been amazing. Really, every coach on that side of the ball deserves a raise.

Reactions: Saboteur II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT