ADVERTISEMENT

This may get buried today. Mel Tucker is a complete scumbag

I'll wait for me info to be released. According to Tucker, they were in a relationship. Should he be fired for getting off with the person he was dating while on the phone with her after she called him? It's not even close to equivalent to something like allowing a child abuser to keep being around kids. In fact, besides being stupid, what is he actually guilty of?

I'll wait for me info to be released. According to Tucker, they were in a relationship. Should he be fired for getting off with the person he was dating while on the phone with her after she called him? It's not even close to equivalent to something like allowing a child abuser to keep being around kids. In fact, besides being stupid, what is he actually guilty of?
I think they are mulling whether he sucks enough as a coach and what level of replacement they’d be able to land. I don’t think what he did bothers them in the least. It’s a way to possibly try to right a bad hiring mistake, but I don’t think they are quite sure they could land a better replacement at the moment, so they’re pondering that, and only that. These football factory schools don’t care in the least about anything that these coaching gods do.

I was completely wrong here

Saw Michigan St did know since december, and never said anything until a reporter found it and released it... So Michigan St did nothing again, did not walk the walk, and should get sanctioned
Some of the rumors floating around are saying that there has been an investigation that has been ongoing for many months now. It's been kept quiet for a lot of obvious reasons. The privacy of the accuser and restraining from casting doubt on the accused if the investigation ends up showing there was a whole lot of nothing. The whole thing got leaked after a briefing to the trustees so this feels like someone has an axe to grind or there is regret over that stupid contract. Either way, the guy is probably "consulting" at Bama next year and enjoying a nice settlement on his buyout. Whether or not any of the allegations are true or not won't matte except to the woman who is getting death threats and won't enjoy the luxury of a buyout.

Reactions: The Ole Six-Fiver
I think they are mulling whether he sucks enough as a coach and what level of replacement they’d be able to land. I don’t think what he did bothers them in the least. It’s a way to possibly try to right a bad hiring mistake, but I don’t think they are quite sure they could land a better replacement at the moment, so they’re pondering that, and only that. These football factory schools don’t care in the least about anything that these coaching gods do.

Yeah, I kind of agree. They gave him that huge contract and then the team sucked as soon as he signed.

there is regret over that stupid contract.
this is really all you need to write

There is apparently doubt after a couple games and it was considered a good time to start the “Cause” process rolling.

But they are being hesitant in an outright canning because a different committee must have told them that “whoa, we ain’t nearly as hot sh1t as we think we are and our replacement prospects aren’t much better if any than Tuck. So hold tight and see what Fan reaction is”

“What about the victim?”

“Oh look, we’re out of time, meeting adjourned”

So much of being a FBS head coach (particularly the so-called "Power Five") is recruiting. Tucker gets laughed (or thrown) out of the homes of maybe 75% of recruits who have parents.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
So much of being a FBS head coach (particularly the so-called "Power Five") is recruiting. Tucker gets laughed (or thrown) out of the homes of maybe 75% of recruits who have parents.
Absolutely no parents seem to throw James Franklin out of their homes, and he incontestably enabled the rapes of untold coeds by his players, including going to a hospital and threatening to kill one of the girls who considered pressing charges.

This is, hmm, infinitely-times worst than this guy (resorting to Seinfeld euphemisms) treating his body like an amusement park over the phone with an apparent unsuspecting or uncomfortable participant.

Don’t get me wrong, some parents would indeed be repulsed by it, and I doubt most would applaud it, but clearly most are just fine with any amount of perversion if it gives their offspring what they feel is the best opp to make even one cent more money than they might at a ‘clean’ school. Pitt sees this every day, losing just about every recruiting battle to such programs with coaches like Franklin and Tucker. Parents don’t care in the least.

• Haha
Reactions: NittanyJoel

Lol. Because he had a version a phone sex with a person he was dating? And then invite James Franklin into their homes?

He should run for President. Cheating on his wife only through phone sex is so lame in comparison. Nobody cares about morals anymore. MSU will fire him for being a scumbag but America is perfectly fine with scumbags are leaders. I cant understand this.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
He should run for President. Cheating on his wife only through phone sex is so lame in comparison. Nobody cares about morals anymore. MSU will fire him for being a scumbag but America is perfectly fine with scumbags are leaders. I cant understand this.
People are perfectly fine with scumbags WHO ARE ON THEIR SIDE as their leaders.

But if it’s any consolation, this has been true throughout the history of the US…heck the world, really.

People are perfectly fine with scumbags WHO ARE ON THEIR SIDE as their leaders.

But if it’s any consolation, this has been true throughout the history of the US…heck the world, really.

True but morals for a football coach are so unimportant. Just win. I expect more out of the leader of the free world. But people hold football coaches to a higher standard than Presidents.

Absolutely no parents seem to throw James Franklin out of their homes, and he incontestably enabled the rapes of untold coeds by his players, including going to a hospital and threatening to kill one of the girls who considered pressing charges.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Good lord, dude.

Why does this keep happening in the Big10? Michigan State has already had their massive scandal, and this sounds like another.

and well-known activist = stay the hell away from her.......a lot more to this story. Poor gal was physically unable to hang up the phone for 30+ minutes of phone sexual harassment.

and well-known activist = stay the hell away from her.......a lot more to this story. Poor gal was physically unable to hang up the phone for 30+ minutes of phone sexual harassment.
As a society we sadly seem to pick and choose when we decide which victim to believe or not to believe. And as a father of three females, I tend to believe the woman. But this one is weird. Unless Tucker is arrogant enough and ill enough to do it to a woman who does this for a living.

As a society we sadly seem to pick and choose when we decide which victim to believe or not to believe. And as a father of three females, I tend to believe the woman. But this one is weird. Unless Tucker is arrogant enough and ill enough to do it to a woman who does this for a living.
In sports it’s particularly true.

In Pgh, if it a Steeler or other popular / successful athlete, fans and media always support and believe the player.

One infamous period, there were two domestic incidents with two Steelers and their wives at about the same time.

James Harrison was one; in their dispute he literally picked up and threw his wife through a wall (!).

The other was a reserve WR (Wilson? Forget full name), in that case, they had a dispute and his wife shot HIM, if I recall.

The Steelers (and media and fans) instantly forgave Harrison, Art III even gave some gushing interview about it. Not a thought of any discipline or certainly not to release him.

Wilson, being an expendable reserve, was instantly released. No gushing testimonial there.

There are tons of similar stories. Penn State rapes, nobody in this town thinks were/are a problem at all. If a Pitt guy fights some thug on the south side, ban the program for life.

Politicians, similar. A guy on YOUR side, anything goes. Dems worship Bill Clinton, Hunter Biden etc. Republicans are totally fine with Trump’s alleged misgivings (many profess to “not like him” but only because he’s no now unwinnable.). Nobody believes he did anything to the parade of women the Dems found to rant about him. No Dem believes all the women who Clinton allegedly worked over.
Stinks but exactly how it is.

In sports it’s particularly true.

In Pgh, if it a Steeler or other popular / successful athlete, fans and media always support and believe the player.

One infamous period, there were two domestic incidents with two Steelers and their wives at about the same time.

James Harrison was one; in their dispute he literally picked up and threw his wife through a wall (!).

The other was a reserve WR (Wilson? Forget full name), in that case, they had a dispute and his wife shot HIM, if I recall.

The Steelers (and media and fans) instantly forgave Harrison, Art III even gave some gushing interview about it. Not a thought of any discipline or certainly not to release him.

Wilson, being an expendable reserve, was instantly released. No gushing testimonial there.

There are tons of similar stories. Penn State rapes, nobody in this town thinks were/are a problem at all. If a Pitt guy fights some thug on the south side, ban the program for life.

Politicians, similar. A guy on YOUR side, anything goes. Dems worship Bill Clinton, Hunter Biden etc. Republicans are totally fine with Trump’s alleged misgivings (many profess to “not like him” but only because he’s no now unwinnable.). Nobody believes he did anything to the parade of women the Dems found to rant about him. No Dem believes all the women who Clinton allegedly worked over.
Stinks but exactly how it is.
Not everyone, trust me. And to put a finer point on it, feeble old Rooney said at least Harrison was trying to do a good thing.

And yea it was Cedric Wilson.

Not everyone, trust me. And to put a finer point on it, feeble old Rooney said at least Harrison was trying to do a good thing.

And yea it was Cedric Wilson.
Rooney justified it because he said Harrison was just trying to get his son baptized. He went off the deep end late in life. Of course many of us do. He should have run for US Senate. Would have fit in perfectly.

Biden had sexual harrassment allegations and I was referring to that as well.

To be fair, politicians using their position for monetary favors is baked into the cake. Everyone assumes politicians are crooked and corrupt. But I would hope, as a society, we expect them to have better personal morals than our football coaches. If a football coach cheats on his wife through phone sex, he has to go but politicians can cheat on their wives and we dont care. All I want is consistency.
All true. I also think it’s a cultural thing. Not to sound like a certain poster on this board who holds boomers accountable for all the worlds problems, but whether it was politicians, Hollywood producers, or business tycoons, it’s what men did. And when we elect old men like our last couple of presidents and half of congress, these things are going to be a part of their past more often than not. It’s changing though. We are evolving. I think.

All true. I also think it’s a cultural thing. Not to sound like a certain poster on this board who holds boomers accountable for all the worlds problems, but whether it was politicians, Hollywood producers, or business tycoons, it’s what men did. And when we elect old men like our last couple of presidents and half of congress, these things are going to be a part of their past more often than not. It’s changing though. We are evolving. I think.

I think that's probably true. We all assume old guys have cheated on their wives in the past and maybe we hold them to that standard. 30 years from now, will an affair bury a political candidate? Maybe, I dont know but right now nobody cares. But if a football coach does, its curtains.

what's crazy is that msu will take this opportunity to use it to their advantage. they basically get a free 'Get out of jail card' here with getting rid of a coach who has a ridiculous buyout...

good for sparta i guess..

Tucker was (or will be, I’m not following it other than this board) fired ONLY because MSU conclude(d) he can’t win big as their coach. They couldn’t care in the least what he’s done here. What he did is actually somewhat tame (if at least as gross) as what many other coaches who were kept on for doing far worse (James Franklin should not only be unemployable, but should actually be in prison, for example).

The Steelers gleefully hired Tom Bradley despite the testimony in the PSU rape scandal that Bradley was in the showers with Sandusky while he assaulted little boys (didn’t just hear about it … was physically IN THE SHOWER with them … and he did nothing to stop it… possibly was even participating…certainly never reported it).

The Steelers (with media and fan enthusiasm) still hired him, and only let Bradley go because he was a terrible DB coach, and he remains Ron Cooks best friend ( can’t make these things up ).

Pitt has made double standards moves as well (Levance Fields etc).

It’s disgusting all the way around but some are greater degree of disgusting than others.

• Haha
Reactions: NittanyJoel
Tucker was (or will be, I’m not following it other than this board) fired ONLY because MSU conclude(d) he can’t win big as their coach. They couldn’t care in the least what he’s done here. What he did is actually somewhat tame (if at least as gross) as what many other coaches who were kept on for doing far worse (James Franklin should not only be unemployable, but should actually be in prison, for example).
of course, they will use this to get out of a terrible contract. if he was good, or worth it, this would be nothing. to be honest, it actually is a big nothing but msu will (as they should) use it as a chance to get out of the buy out clause...

it is an 80 million dollar present that they arent giving back.

what's crazy is that msu will take this opportunity to use it to their advantage. they basically get a free 'Get out of jail card' here with getting rid of a coach who has a ridiculous buyout...

good for sparta i guess..

Yea, I posted on here at the time it was a terrible contract. MSU brass has to be ecstatic about this.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

The Steelers gleefully hired Tom Bradley despite the testimony in the PSU rape scandal that Bradley was in the showers with Sandusky while he assaulted little boys (didn’t just hear about it … was physically IN THE SHOWER with them … and he did nothing to stop it… possibly was even participating…certainly never reported it).

The Steelers (with media and fan enthusiasm) still hired him, and only let Bradley go because he was a terrible DB coach, and he remains Ron Cooks best friend ( can’t make these things up ).

Pitt has made double standards moves as well (Levance Fields etc).

It’s disgusting all the way around but some are greater degree of disgusting than others.

Fields getting into a drunken fight on the South Side with someone who happened to be employed as a police officer (and was off duty) is nothing.

Fields getting into a drunken fight on the South Side with someone who happened to be employed as a police officer (and was off duty) is nothing.
my man got tazed lol. FYI, dont try to grab a off duty cop's gun, it doesnt end well.

In The Face!!! GIF - Old School Taser GIFs

I know a kid's parents who had no clue about the Sandusky situation. Yeah - they live under a rock - I get it. But, in reality they're an inner city family from Maryland and no one talks about that shit like they do in white America. They thought Franklin was a fraud during their visit to PSU. The mom said - "what's this guy selling"? "He seems like a fraud."

Reactions: pittdan77
Biden had sexual harrassment allegations and I was referring to that as well.

To be fair, politicians using their position for monetary favors is baked into the cake. Everyone assumes politicians are crooked and corrupt. But I would hope, as a society, we expect them to have better personal morals than our football coaches. If a football coach cheats on his wife through phone sex, he has to go but politicians can cheat on their wives and we dont care. All I want is consistency.
Well said. There are very few decent people in office. And these old farts need to be tossed....all of them.

Reactions: xslfyk4 and Fk_Pitt
This is absolutely ridiculous. Good lord, dude.

Lol let them keep going, they’re on a roll! Ole Six-Fiver and SMF are two of the biggest nutcases on this board. With every Pitt loss and/or PSU win, their stories about Franklin get wilder.

Lord help us all if Pitt loses to WVU on Saturday. These two buffoons will be on here next week, telling everyone that Franklin was the one raping the girl at Vandy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: jayhawks65
Lol let them keep going, they’re on a roll! Ole Six-Fiver and SMF are two of the biggest nutcases on this board. With every Pitt loss and/or PSU win, their stories about Franklin get wilder.

Lord help us all if Pitt loses to WVU on Saturday. These two buffoons will be on here next week, telling everyone that Franklin was the one raping the girl at Vandy 😂
another psu fan coming on a pitt board to remind us how we are all obsessed with them.

thanks for coming over here and reminding us, just in case we forgot.. see ya next week.

Franklin is probably neutered.
I think that's probably true. We all assume old guys have cheated on their wives in the past and maybe we hold them to that standard. 30 years from now, will an affair bury a political candidate? Maybe, I dont know but right now nobody cares. But if a football coach does, its curtains.
Gee, ya think young guys don't do it? Lefties have installed the "free love" from the 70s and no rules for behavior.

Franklin is probably neutered.

Gee, ya think young guys don't do it? Lefties have installed the "free love" from the 70s and no rules for behavior.

I dont know but my guess is they cheat less than young guys in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Wasnt everyone banging their secretary back then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT