ADVERTISEMENT

This Team is Good, and maybe more then just good

Nov 10, 2018
Contributions from multiple positions. Improvement every single game. The freshmen continue to pour it on. And Wilson-Frame looks fantastic. And Pitt has a Quality Coach

The rest of the non-conference should look out. Heck, a good number if not a great number of acc teams better watch out.

Athleticism galore, a senior leader, shooters, contributions from a solid 4 positions and the bench. Tons of dribble penetration, mid range, and some outside firepower.

0-18 in the ACC? Forget about it. A couple wins in the ACC? Forget about it. This team and these freshmen are way better then people think.

We don't even have a home crowd to help opposing teams shoot free throws.

Jared Wilson Frame said it best. The returning players are absolutely pissed off about last year and the freshmen continue to look like hungry lions

Wake up some of you. Pitt is back

I love the excitement so I'm not going to rip on you for being unrealistic. This team is still going to lose a lot of games this year, the weak interior defense is going to get eaten up in the ACC. As long as you don't get unreasonably bummed out when that happens, go ahead and enjoy the moment in whatever way you choose. One thing's for sure, Pitt basketball is worth watching again.

I love the excitement so I'm not going to rip on you for being unrealistic. This team is still going to lose a lot of games this year, the weak interior defense is going to get eaten up in the ACC. As long as you don't get unreasonably bummed out when that happens, go ahead and enjoy the moment in whatever way you choose. One thing's for sure, Pitt basketball is worth watching again.

I agree this team is going to be a lot better than many Pitt fans believed pre-season. I also agree we have an excellent coach who is not just primarily a very good recruiter. I also think this team is continuing to improve and clearly won't be 0-19 in the ACC.

On the other hand I don't think it is realistic to think we are going to have an NCAAT level result this season.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
I said the same thing tonight. Pitt is back

(And again....I have no delusions of winning a conference championship or being a high tourney seed. So Pitt isn’t that far back. But we are making giant strides)

Contributions from multiple positions. Improvement every single game. The freshmen continue to pour it on. And Wilson-Frame looks fantastic. And Pitt has a Quality Coach

The rest of the non-conference should look out. Heck, a good number if not a great number of acc teams better watch out.

Athleticism galore, a senior leader, shooters, contributions from a solid 4 positions and the bench. Tons of dribble penetration, mid range, and some outside firepower.

0-18 in the ACC? Forget about it. A couple wins in the ACC? Forget about it. This team and these freshmen are way better then people think.

Jared Wilson Frame said it best. The returning players are absolutely pissed off about last year and the freshmen continue to look like hungry lions

I wouldn't go that far. We play in the ACC.

I know it is only the OOC games right now but ND lost to Radford, BC lost to a cupcake, Syracuse lost to UConn, WF got blown out tonight. It’s not like every team in the ACC is invincible. We have a chance in most of the games and if we continue to play this uptempo offense and aggressive defense...who knows.

Well put!

don't get optimistic, you will be yelled at !

Reactions: PittCity

Personally I think this is a realistic perspective. The OP has every right
to be excited. Actually I feel we all are excited by what we're seeing. I
really like the progress of Brown and Chuka, but they're going to see
a whole different animal in the ACC. Our guards are looking great, but
they're going to face as good and better in the conference. I want to
see continued growth in our players and in their play. So far, I'm seeing
that through four games. I'm hoping to see that through the rest of the
OOC and also throughout conference play.

The team is clearly much better in both personnel and coach. That said, can we avoid the long scoring droughts we had in almost all our games against better teams? I think with these freshman and Ellison who like to go to the hole, we should be able to avert these droughts or keep them much smaller if they do occur. We don't settle for firing up long three pointers when the shot clock is running out anymore. We have a lot of movement in our offense now and any of the freshmen can get a step and score or get fouled. It will get tougher as the competition ramps up, but I still think these guys will drive and get fouled, even tho it may be harder to finish. The defense has been much better, despite a lesser effort tonight. I think we are going to be in a lot of games this year, we may still lose more than our fair share, but as long as we don't go ice cold and have the 5-8-10 minute scoring droughts we are going to be right there at the end with many of the teams we play, even ACC teams.

Kevin Stallings scarred so many Pitt fans........... its almost sickening how bad he was.
Pitt fans need to come back .

Reactions: PittPanther44
This is clearly a better team with more talented players than last year that's being coached by better coaches . Are they ready to compete in the ACC , of course not . However they will win some conference games , they will upset a few better teams , they will struggle against some poor teams and they'll get blown out against teams like Duke , but the process has started to make Pitt competitive again . There's hope again , why squash enthusiasm from some over zealous predications ? A new era of Pitt bb has started and I for one like what I see , after another one or two recruiting classes we're going to see exciting winning bb again with a style that will fillup the Pete ....just give it time .

Reactions: Boomdoggy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT