ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on 2020/2021 CFB season

the_insider_

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2018
1. With Big10/Pac-12 going conference only, what does this do? It will only keep the virus in-conference. Most OOC games are regional games anyway. Pitt plays Richmond, Miami OH, Marshall (and ND) and are closer to Pitt than most of their conference games. If the virus breaks out it'll break out in every conference.

2. Moving the 2020 season to Spring 2021 will be a danger to all players. If players play 10-12 or 14 games then go pro they'll play 30+ games in a calendar year and if they go back to college 25 or so in a calendar year with limited time to recover from the season.

3. If the season is moved to Spring 2021 I call BS on the NFL not moving the combine and draft. The scouts, GMs, and coaches aren't going to want to do that stuff while the season is going on. They want as much information as possible on every player they're thinking about taking.

4. If the season is moved to the Spring I think the only player that should sit out is Jones. Right now I think Jones has the most film and intangibles to be drafted high. Twyman has the chance but needs more film and some more work in stopping the run. He's a great DT passer rusher, but needs to improve in the run game. Paris Ford needs more film and to clean up some things (especially the freelance) to be a high pick, which he could do with one more season. I think Hamlin was projected as a very low or UDFA in the 2019 draft and that's why he returned so, I think, he definitely needs to play. Lastly, is Morrissey, who you could argue could sit and be ok, but he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick now, so playing in the Spring could maybe get him into 2nd round consideration.

5. My last thought is what do the players want? I feel like we don't hear that. I think most want to play. If they don't feel comfortable then don't play. And I don't mean that in a mean way. I could understand if some don't feel comfortable. But I think most would play.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Good post . Agree on just about everything you said. I am beginning to think that there will be no college football played this year or not until the fall of 2021. I just saw where West Chester University with their 18,000 enrollment decided to go to all online courses with no physical learning after earlier saying the opposite. Recent spikes in most states including Pa. have changed their way of thinking g.

Reactions: the_insider_
My thoughts..,,

giphy.gif

It.aint.happening.

It was a long shot as was, but past 19-22 year olds being the epicenter of dumb buttedness, the southern/western states being all full of themselves thinking they were immune to it setting up the current building wave pretty much was the kill shot.

Isn’t the reason for only conference games due to everyone in the conference following the same protocols? The Big Ten might have different protocols compared to the MAC and so on since there doesn’t seem to be any standards set by the NCAA. They can also push the non-conference games back a year or two until crowds are allowed, for the marquee match up’s teams might not want to lose those games along with pushing back payments to G5 and FCS schools.

My 5 yr old would like to operate chainsaw...sometimes you need to step in and do what is in their best interest long term.

QUOTE="the_insider_, post: 3143035, member: 59575"]1. With Big10/Pac-12 going conference only, what does this do? It will only keep the virus in-conference. Most OOC games are regional games anyway. Pitt plays Richmond, Miami OH, Marshall (and ND) and are closer to Pitt than most of their conference games. If the virus breaks out it'll break out in every conference.

2. Moving the 2020 season to Spring 2021 will be a danger to all players. If players play 10-12 or 14 games then go pro they'll play 30+ games in a calendar year and if they go back to college 25 or so in a calendar year with limited time to recover from the season.

3. If the season is moved to Spring 2021 I call BS on the NFL not moving the combine and draft. The scouts, GMs, and coaches aren't going to want to do that stuff while the season is going on. They want as much information as possible on every player they're thinking about taking.

4. If the season is moved to the Spring I think the only player that should sit out is Jones. Right now I think Jones has the most film and intangibles to be drafted high. Twyman has the chance but needs more film and some more work in stopping the run. He's a great DT passer rusher, but needs to improve in the run game. Paris Ford needs more film and to clean up some things (especially the freelance) to be a high pick, which he could do with one more season. I think Hamlin was projected as a very low or UDFA in the 2019 draft and that's why he returned so, I think, he definitely needs to play. Lastly, is Morrissey, who you could argue could sit and be ok, but he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick now, so playing in the Spring could maybe get him into 2nd round consideration.

5. My last thought is what do the players want? I feel like we don't hear that. I think most want to play. If they don't feel comfortable then don't play. And I don't mean that in a mean way. I could understand if some don't feel comfortable. But I think most would play.[/QUOTE]

My 5 yr old would like to operate chainsaw...sometimes you need to step in and do what is in their best interest long term.

QUOTE="the_insider_, post: 3143035, member: 59575"]1. With Big10/Pac-12 going conference only, what does this do? It will only keep the virus in-conference. Most OOC games are regional games anyway. Pitt plays Richmond, Miami OH, Marshall (and ND) and are closer to Pitt than most of their conference games. If the virus breaks out it'll break out in every conference.

5. My last thought is what do the players want? I feel like we don't hear that. I think most want to play. If they don't feel comfortable then don't play. And I don't mean that in a mean way. I could understand if some don't feel comfortable. But I think most would play.
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree with 5!!!!

Governor Cuomo will be sending help as he said when he invited workers to NY because of they were in need, (New Yorkers)would respond in kind....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT