ADVERTISEMENT

Tino....

If we are going to eliminate all psu related posts we should do the same for Tino related posts. Too much controversy. Chris please delete.

I'm not sure what it was about Tino and his meltdowns at Pitt. The kid played well in games until it counted the most and then seemed to meltdown under pressure. Maybe being away from Pittsburgh and family has removed that pressure. I hope he has a great career.

Hailpitt posted on 2/17/2015...

If we are going to eliminate all psu related posts we should do the same for Tino related posts. Too much controversy. Chris please delete.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

So whats wrong with a controvery.

Remember this is a message board so Pitt fans can share opinions.

Guess what Haillpitt some opinions may not be in line with yours thus a controvery. Who cares that's the point of a board like this.

Nit Wit U posts are something different since its not Pitt fans discussing Pitt issues. Plus they won't let us on their board to express our opinions about Nit Wit U.

Anything Pitt is fair game!

Go Pitt!

We should all congratulate him on continuing his pro career. I for one am glad to see him having success. Hail to Pitt!

I could not agree more, PE. I have no idea why Pitt fans are the only fans in the country that actively root against their own people? It is such a loser's mentality and it is so frustrating.

Tino Sunseri is obviously not among the best quarterbacks to have ever played at the University of Pittsburgh. However, he left a lot of blood, sweat and tears out on the field representing this school and I for one am not going to shitt on the guy for that.

I say bully for him! I hope he lasts for 10 more years in the CFL and one day leads a team to the Grey Cup.

The absolute weirdest thing about so many Pitt fans' attitude towards Tino Sunseri is that they hate Sunseri but they love Pat Bostick.

I like Bostick too. I think he is a good ambassador for the University and he has done a very good job and his current role. However, the hard truth of the matter is that Bostick is among the biggest recruiting busts Pitt's had in the last 30 years and the guy was beaten out by Sunseri under two different coaching staffs. And yet many of you hate Sunseri because of his ineptitude but love the guy who two different staffs concluded was not as good a football player. Very weird.

True Bostick probably did more damage to Pitt as a 5 star recruit bust but as the previous poster mentioned he is a strong Pitt ally in the local media market.

Instead of stalking off "angry" Bostick stayed around, and supported Pitt in a local sports media market that isn't exactly Pitt friendly.

He reinvented himself so good for him ( Bostick).

Tino stuck with his craft football and is surviving in that field so good for him as well!

I hope Tino becomes a Canadian star an NFL star and Pitt booster. We should all hope that for all Pitt grads in football and basketball.

Go Pitt!

I agree. Bostick has such a great attitude about things. He's as loyal to Pitt as they come. I wish Tino all the best in the CFL.
Originally posted by goat123:

True Bostick probably did more damage to Pitt as a 5 star recruit bust but as the previous poster mentioned he is a strong Pitt ally in the local media market.

Instead of stalking off "angry" Bostick stayed around, and supported Pitt in a local sports media market that isn't exactly Pitt friendly.

He reinvented himself so good for him ( Bostick).

Tino stuck with his craft football and is surviving in that field so good for him as well!

I hope Tino becomes a Canadian star an NFL star and Pitt booster. We should all hope that for all Pitt grads in football and basketball.

Go Pitt!

I respected Tino as a player. It is his twitter remarks in support of his father's FSU team against PITT that I disliked.

Tino was a gutless punk who turltled against WVU in the final minutes of agame Pitt should of won

Never forgett hat

Tino played...

Bostic less so, and people like the backup better. Just the way it is.

Plus Pat was QB for one of Pitt's biggest win in 30 years.

Agree.

Like others I don't understand the hate for him either. Not sure why people on this board don't seem to appreciate that he had three different playbooks, two radically different offensive systems, and three different sets of coaches in three years. Not saying Tino was a good QB, but we never really had a chance to find out--even a Tom Brady would have struggled with that situation.

As for the guy who called him out as a gutless punk from an anonymous perch behind his keyboard, maybe he should tell Tino that in person.

The irony that one of the most maligned players in Pitt football history is now making a living playing professional football seems to be lost on a lot of people.
confused0006.r191677.gif

Yeah, gutless punk was just a bit of a stretch.

I think his attitude just rubbed people the wrong way. He was cocky, but never remotely came close to backing it up. Especially in pressure situations.
You also got to love (sarcasm) his infamous Nothing beats pro style football tweet after the 2011 season.

Two people who were associated with the program who I do hate ( dislike is to mild a word) are Toddy and SP.

Maybe some of you can find a way to like SP but I can't.

Go Pitt!

We should eliminate all PSU threads that do not refer to them as The Cult and do not refer to their coach as James from Jonestown.

I wish him the best. Even though he had his failings here, he's a Pitt product playing pro football. Good to see.

Originally posted by PittEngineer:
We should all congratulate him on continuing his pro career. I for one am glad to see him having success. Hail to Pitt!
Absolutely, good for him and I wish him the best... He may not have been Dan Marino but he always did carry himself well..

What are contract terms? I'm just curious because I have no idea what Canadian players get paid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT