ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett traded to Eagles per Adam Schefter

Steelers get a 3rd and 2 2025 7th rounders. Philly gets this year’s 4th.

Seems like he would've been better off here than to go sit behind a young franchise QB.

I'm thrilled he's getting away from the yinzer idiots and the local media who never game him a chance. Maybe they can draft Drew Allar next year. Dulac and Adamski would fawn all over him, saying he needs time to develop

I'm thrilled he's getting away from the yinzer idiots and the local media who never game him a chance. Maybe they can draft Drew Allar next year. Dulac and Adamski would fawn all over him, saying he needs time to develop
They are already making excuses for the diva Wilson. Saying he needs more help on the OL and targets. lol. No shit

I'm kind of shocked by this, I didn't think he was any good up until now, but I was still hoping he might come around. Now I think they really need to draft a QB ? Maybe they have something in mind?
I guess but it would've been nice to see him go somewhere that he has a chance of playing someday.

So the Steelers have nobody behind Wilson at QB, No Center, and 1 WR in Pickens. Should be a great offense.
Yeah, they better have some kind of draft master plan, or maybe negotiating with someone to fill some of these needs. or this is insane. They do have Austin at WR, but he has little experience.

I might be in the minority, but the Steelers are going to regret this move.

Somewhere down the line, Pickett is going to have a Geno Smith-style career revival.

I don’t disagree - but he probably will be 30. The NFL moves too fast. You can’t not have great QB play

He did start 24 games.
with a winning record...that being said I'll have to change my call sign for him from Kenny the Quitter to Kenny the Clipboard....damn shame the hoops team is playing second fiddle to former Pitt guys today..

Good move for both sides. Steelers prevent any distractions in the locker room while Pickett gets a fresh start in Philly. He’ll backup Hurts for a years or two and then hopefully he gets a chance to start again elsewhere.

I think both of these are mutually exclusive and can be true:

- Russell Wilson is a clear upgrade over Pickett
- Although Pickett might’ve never become an MVP, the Steelers absolutely did not put him in a position to succeed

with a winning record...that being said I'll have to change my call sign for him from Kenny the Quitter to Kenny the Clipboard....
You think he was a main factor in winning these super low scoring games? They mostly won because the D didn't give up points and they could win scoring 13 or 16 or 20.

Good move for both sides. Steelers prevent any distractions in the locker room while Pickett gets a fresh start in Philly. He’ll backup Hurts for a years or two and then hopefully he gets a chance to start again elsewhere.

I think both of these are mutually exclusive and can be true:

- Russell Wilson is a clear upgrade over Pickett
- Although Pickett might’ve never become an MVP, the Steelers absolutely did not put him in a position to succeed
I'll bet you tell your kids you sent your 14 year old yellow lab out to a special farm in the country when he is not by his bowl in the morning also...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT