ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett traded to Eagles per Adam Schefter

So you disagree he’s a competitor who gives the team a chance to win ?
And your argument is they won games with him - but not with Mitch in the game ?

Mitch Trubisky sucks and will never sniff another starting QB job in the NFL.

And they did win games with Mitch last year. They beat a fully healthy Bengals team; he came in and cleaned up Pickett's mess against the Buccaneers; he won in Carolina. He was 3-3 in games where he played most of the game.

But here's the thing... I don't care. Only a dolt would argue in favor of someone by comparing him to Mitch Trubisky. He sucks. The end.

That's not what was reported. It was Wilson would enter OTAs as No. 1 on the depth chart and Pickett at 2, but there'd be a competition. Again, Pickett could've went out and forced the coaches to start him with his performance, but instead wanted out.
Just like they told us there would be a competition when they signed Trubumski. Yeah...and I have some Enron stock for very cheap price if you want it!

Another great example of the lovely Pittsburgh media. Isn't it wonderful???
The fact that a bunch of people who are paid to cover the hockey team are so gleeful taking shots at a local QB on his way out the door tells you all you need to know about the media in this town.

Absolute jackals all of them, especially Yohe, who is a known woman abuser.

Pickett was historically bad with the steelers
So was every single QB that played under Matt Canada. That was the problem.

The Kenny "cultists" like me never said he delivered an overall good body of work. We simply said he had enough flashes that he should get a fair shot without being saddled with the worst OC in modern NFL history. At least a few games. That's it. He got 1 and then they immediately anointed a 35 year old whose former team ate $80 million in cap to get rid of him as QB1 without even a practice in shorts. And on top of that the team told him it would be an open competition. It was not.

Yeah, Kenny didn't do enough to save himself but the team absolutely screwed him. Tomlin had no plan for him. No starter reps in 2022 and was QB3 before being randomly fed to the wolves mid-season and salvaging the Steelers into a near playoff team. Kept the worst OC in modern NFL history. Never delivered consistent OL or running game play. But Kenny took most, if not all of the blame.

I'm glad he's gone. I wish he was never drafted by the Steelers and hope they never draft another Pitt player. This fan base is extraordinarily toxic. Let the hillbillies and fat drunks get what's coming to them, because it ain't gonna be pretty.

Last edited:
That could be a good thing, maybe they could get high enough in the draft to get a top QB prospect the next year.
While that may seem to be the better strategy to secure a franchise QB, it doesn't guarantee it.

Comeback wins rookie year, overall record as a starter, flashes in first game without Canada. Not a HOF QB like Ben, but he could have been a decent starter here with the right tools around him. And he was only two years in. Do you remember what Bradshaw was at after two years?

But hey, enjoy the Wilson era with an OC as dynamic as watching grass grow. All without a true #1 receiver, and the current #2 guy is a bit of a head case.

I still say Pickett will end up starting at some point, have a solid, not HOF career.

What did you see in the Steelers situation that led you to believe anyone other than Mahomes would have had success?
I'm getting Machiavellian here, but I'm beginning to think that Khan decided a while ago that he was moving on from Kenny. He just didn't quite know how, but a cheap known quantity fell into his lap, and he ran with it.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
He was 7-4 prior to injury
He turned the season around his rookie season

Being competitive and giving your team a chance to win is what he does
He has 7 comeback wins in 2 years
He’s a gamer - but not a star
That style only works when the defense is playing lights out and doesn't get it done in the playoffs...and we know how much trouble the Steelers have there under Tomlin.

Too many reports of "disguntled" players over the years. I'm thinking now it's not the players but Tomlin and/or Steelers management.

BTW Go Steelers and take the Pirates with you....

2 organizations being run haphazardly.
Pickett does sound like he pouted, but Tomlin absolutely has an issue in this area of his management.
I'm getting Machiavellian here, but I'm beginning to think that Khan decided a while ago that he was moving on from Kenny. He just didn't quite know how, but a cheap known quantity fell into his lap, and he ran with it.
The Steelers never should've let Colbert run that final draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT