ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Sims Says Thank You

Liked Sims a lot. It seemed like the players responded to him. Obviously something happened behind the scenes we will never know about

Go look at press release for Watson hiring. Watson goes out of his way to refer to Duzzi as one of his "best" friends. Here we go again. I am afraid Duzzi is taking the Wanny approach-- hire your buds so you can go out drinking after the games. To hell with a coaches skill or recruiting prowess.

So mutual admiration that leads to friendship is a bad thing if you work together? Coach Pat is not a party animal hanging out in the Southside. I trust coach to make the right decision for his staff.

I have heard of another coach who hires based on how hot the coaches wife is!

Go look at press release for Watson hiring. Watson goes out of his way to refer to Duzzi as one of his "best" friends. Here we go again. I am afraid Duzzi is taking the Wanny approach-- hire your buds so you can go out drinking after the games. To hell with a coaches skill or recruiting prowess.

I didn't hear anything, why was he let Go?

Nothing official (&I not likely to come out). People on here have guessed it was displeasure with his recruiting- specifically we missed on a TON of Def Ends.

Obviously this was a guess but have to think that's as good a guess as any since everything else seemed to be good from the perspective of the fans.

LATE -

Good luck Tom . Mystifying but coaches leave or get fired all the time. Duzz has a right to make changes. his ass is on the line.

The "Wanny thing"? This is literally every Coach, manager, CEO, or anyone else in a hiring position. You will always hire a good person you trust and know over someone you never met

I thought that I read that they hadn't been together in about 25 years.
I think the statement is more to calm the fears of fans who think that Watson might bolt after a year ala Canada.

They can shower together and loofah each other for all I care (no little boys please, unlike Sandusky and Bradley). If they win.

what? what??

I thought the D line was stout against the run. Hope coach lands on his feet.

Huh?

"Coach Sims was BIG, and Coach Sims was FAST, and I liked him."

Go Pitt
Yep...he was definitely the most entertaining coach at the LOI Day event. I trust that he'll be okay...the coaching fraternity is a loyal one.

Heck, even most of the Nit coaches found jobs after their scandal - and we can feel confident that they all knew.

I'm sure you're not actually stupid enough to believe that Narduzzi would make a critical hire based on nothing but a friendship, where his livelihood depends on winning football games.

Are you?

Reactions: Piranha
Best friends can't be good coaches.. together..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT