ADVERTISEMENT

Tomlin

That one is hard to believe, shows in a nutshell how bad things happen to bad teams.

Love our guy but yeah that was James worst game for sure.

Maybe the concussion thing really made him think and worry about getting blindsided

Steelers showed grit to win and overcome their many mistakes.
Jackonsville learned yet again that a Bortles' led offense leads to field goals and defeats.

Steelers showed grit to win and overcome their many mistakes.
Jackonsville learned yet again that a Bortles' led offense leads to field goals and defeats.

I blame it on Marrone a lot more than Bortles.

That last series for Jacksonville just screamed of a team setting itself up to lose. If the bootleg the very mobile Bortles on one of those plays he walks to a first down.

I guarantee Marrone takes some heat in Jacksonville this week, and it is well deserved.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That timeout saved was almost huge.
If Ben was short

So can’t say the management was bad.
His decision to hold onto it almost saved the day.

If they had called two timeouts before the two minute warning then they would have had ten more seconds on the clock when Jacksonville was forced to punt. If they had ten more seconds at the end then there would have been 18 seconds left when they ran the play that became the winning touchdown. Had that play been short of the goal line they could have called the last timeout and had more than enough time to run two more plays to try to win the game. Playing it the way that they did ensured that had Roethlisberger not scored when he did they would have only had time for one more play left.

Obviously, they won so at some level it doesn't really matter. But using the timeouts the way that they did made it somewhat more likely that they would not win the game.

That last series for Jacksonville just screamed of a team setting itself up to lose. If the bootleg the very mobile Bortles on one of those plays he walks to a first down.

I guarantee Marrone takes some heat in Jacksonville this week, and it is well deserved.
Marrone is a mediocre coach.

Reactions: BFo8
They've lost these types of games for a decade. They played and coached horribly and still beat a desperate team on the road. Gutty win.

That timeout saved was almost huge.
If Ben was short

So can’t say the management was bad.
His decision to hold onto it almost saved the day.
How would they have had less timeouts?
1st down - TO
2nd down - 2 minute warning
OR
1st down - 2 minute warning
2nd down - TO

It was more time running off the clock by calling it after the 2 minute warning

LMAO Ben is the reason they had to come back to begin with
Oh no question there. He was absolutely pathetic in the first half. And again, I partially blame Fichtner for that too. Your qb is playing like a steaming pile of garbage, stop trying to throw the ball every down when it’s 6-0. Even if you run for 2 yards every play it’s better than an INT.

He still would have had that TO. He lost 10 secs. and that could have been crucial.
They called 2 on defen
How would they have had less timeouts?
1st down - TO
2nd down - 2 minute warning
OR
1st down - 2 minute warning
2nd down - TO

It was more time running off the clock by calling it after the 2 minute warning

So, you only wanted 1 timeout before the 2 minute warning and not 2?

Hey- I agree I’d have used them

But instead we still had plenty of time to not only tie ... but play for the win?

They called 2 on defen

But instead we still had plenty of time to not only tie ... but play for the win?
3 TO’s and the 2:00 minute warning. I am glad we won, but the clock was mismanaged. Add in the spike as well.

Reactions: paulbl99
I tend to agree .
But perhaps he’s not sure we get a 3 and out after that run
Yeah didn't have a issue with it because they had 3 timeouts so they could still get the ball back if they didn't get a 3 and out. Now with 2 timeouts I use it right away because a first down and the game is over anyhow.

they also had the steelers offense and Ben really struggling and played a much softer coverage on the 2nd TD drive.

They called 2 on defen

Depending on the play call and time, at least 1 before the warning possibly 2.

FWIW I think JAX just running on 3rd down was probably the worst move. At that point the Steelers are gonna stop the clock, or an incomplete stops it. Gotta get the first down there. I know their running game is their strength but I can’t say I’d have much faith you can run and get a first down there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT