ADVERTISEMENT

Too much MAC level talent playing way too many ACC minutes...

jcpitt

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
for Pitt. Keep putting Chris Jones on the floor Jamie. Brilliant.

for Pitt. Keep putting Chris Jones on the floor Jamie. Brilliant.

The problem is minute allocation. Clemson started the season playing more players with poor results. They now play basically 7 players. The players know their roles and what is expected of them.

I do not know what Jamie is trying to accomplish with his substitutions. Determine in the preseason who your best players are and play that 7 or 8. He fumbled and bumbled in doing this in the past and is continued it this season. His first substitution has resulted in the game getting away from us in most of our losses. He continually wants to play small. I wonder if we would have beaten FSU had Jeter been available?

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
The problem is minute allocation. Clemson started the season playing more players with poor results. They now play basically 7 players. The players know their roles and what is expected of them.

I do not know what Jamie is trying to accomplish with his substitutions. Determine in the preseason who your best players are and play that 7 or 8. He fumbled and bumbled in doing this in the past and is continued it this season. His first substitution has resulted in the game getting away from us in most of our losses. He continually wants to play small. I wonder if we would have beaten FSU had Jeter been available?
Great points. Jeter is back to contributing nothing, the grad transfer substitutions are baffling also. We were leading after 5 minutes, Maia played fine and then he is yanked for the human fouling machine Adodo and it all went downhill. It's like Dixon has no clue why he is subbing.

He's trying to get someone to produce.

Notice how when we are struggling the bench guys get more time, and when the starters are playing well, they get less?

Yeah, me too.

He's trying to get someone to produce.

Notice how when we are struggling the bench guys get more time, and when the starters are playing well, they get less?

Yeah, me too.

I do not believe you throw crap at the wall and hope it produces. First identify, then trust that your best players will produce.

Not to pile on, but the free-fall did begin tonight when ANO came in. Bad fouls, bad defense, bad positioning in rebounding, an ugly hook shot. I really think he needs to only see action if Maia gets in serious foul trouble going-forward.

Maia's John DeGroat treatment as of late is really confusing.

Not to pile on, but the free-fall did begin tonight when ANO came in. Bad fouls, bad defense, bad positioning in rebounding, an ugly hook shot. I really think he needs to only see action if Maia gets in serious foul trouble going-forward.

Maia's John DeGroat treatment as of late is really confusing.
Not really, he's playing poorly, too.
It's Ryan Luther time...
And Artis needs to come off the bench.

Maia and Luther certainly are bringing consistent effort every night. I like that. Beyond them, however, I just don't know. I think Wilson needs to see additional minutes, if nothing more than for his aggression and willingness to actually drive to the hoop. I like Sterling Smith's game. He just needs to SHOOT!

Overall Pitt's talent level is not where it needs to be. Leaking to much oil from game to game.
Have to much average talent that does not play consistent enough to win against better talent.
Pitt has two players in Artis and Young who can be considered 4-star talent. When these two have average or down games so goes Pitt's chances of being competitive. Other programs have 4-5 players at the same level who can carry then through. It's not going to get any better until we get more talent. Cannot coach up 2-3 stars to compete against 4-5 talent.

Nail on the head Bob. Anytime they play a team with top 25 talent they struggle. The talent is just not there!

That's well and fine against Louisville.

Simply not true in regards to ncsu or Clemson. It's really not.

Point taken. There have been lapses against mediocre teams as well. The lack of effort and proliferation of mental errors is so frustrating.
Losing to NCSt was inexcusable!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT