ADVERTISEMENT

Underwood leaves pitt at halftime of super bowl

Going to New England to link up with his old teammate Jerrod Mayo. Made to much sense to pass up… I’ll be interested in who Pitt hires

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Best of luck. I wonder if he wanted the opportunity in the NFL or to leave the mess of college football.

Reactions: 303vND
Some things in life will never change, like a big brother getting over on a little brother.
But some things will.

Good. He stunk anyway.

WRs were subpar and think he had passing game coordinator title too?

What recruits did he bring in? No one that isn’t replaceable. Lots of top 3s and 5s though on twitter. But the flat top couldn’t close.

Reactions: Pittguy93
Also, now the Lindsey Lamar hire looks more interesting. He has the WR experience from Howard. They could very well move him back there and hire a RB coach. Wonder if they knew of Underwood's intentions back in early January?

This thread is nuts. Underwood's unit was the only unit on the team that showed major improvement from 2022.

Means went from a DB convert to legit #1. Mumpfield was also much more consistent.

I don't think he got a NFL job because he sucked.

Maybe it was unfair to him, but the way the staff was constructed, he was suppose to be the offensive recruiting stud on the trail.

I don’t that ever happened.

This thread is nuts. Underwood's unit was the only unit on the team that showed major improvement from 2022.

Means went from a DB convert to legit #1. Mumpfield was also much more consistent.

I don't think he got a NFL job because he sucked.

Ah yes..... and Matt Canada got the Steelers OC job because he was brilliant...:rolleyes:

Underwood sucked.... He got the job because he's buddies with the head coach Jerod Mayo.

Yeah, it's mostly about recruiting. Pretty sure most assistant coaches aren't teaching drastically different concepts. I'm sure there is a small percentage who are great at what they do and a small percentage who suck, and then the rest are fairly interchangeable, coaching-wise.

Reactions: pittmeister
Ah yes..... and Matt Canada got the Steelers OC job because he was brilliant...:rolleyes:

Underwood sucked.... He got the job because he's buddies with the head coach Jerod Mayo.
I don't really know what the hell you were watching last year.

Canada has been a mostly successful college OC.

Mayo would hire a buddy, even if he thought he sucked?

Last edited:
Reactions: mlvnsmly
They thought enough of him to keep him here when they basically changed the entire offensive staff. It will be interesting to see if Bell's old contact Laster comes back in play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT