ADVERTISEMENT

Up and coming recruiting superstar....

thebadby2

Athletic Director
Sep 21, 2003
I noticed that Wisconsin signed four 4 star players in this 2015 class. Three of them, a RB from Texas, a RB from Alabama and a DB from Georgia, were all recruited to Wisky by second year RB coach Thomas Brown. All three had offer sheets loaded with the heavyweights--Bama, OSU,ND, etc. He already has a 4 star RB from NC with the same kind of offer sheet verballed to Wisky for 2016. This is only his second recruiting season for Wisky, Andersen brought him in in 2014.

Wisky doesn't typically get these kinds of players, especially from the South and Southwest. This is a different level for them.

I couldn't help but notice that PC retained Brown as RB coach, probably at Alvarez's insistence (like with DC Dave Aranda).

One guy like that on a staff can have a huge impact on a program's recruiting. Not sure we have "that guy" on this new staff, we sure as hell didn't on our old one--but we could certainly use one. I'd love to see us pluck him away from Wisky as a little friendly payback. I'd like to think that with our new financial commitment to football, we could pull something like that off. All it takes is $$$.

I included a link to Brown's bio if anyone is interested.

Wisky's recruiting star

love to poach him but no idea how much of a chance pitt would have if it seriously tried.

i think harley will eventually turn into that guy for pitt (or someone else, i hope not someone else), he has a very hungry look about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT