ADVERTISEMENT

Update on the three amigos

This ruling guarantees that the charge of conspiracy to endanger a child will go before a jury. Could the St of PA actually begin to take this serious??? Bravo

This ruling guarantees that the charge of conspiracy to endanger a child will go before a jury. Could the St of PA actually begin to take this serious??? Bravo
There must be a serious case of diarrhea with those 3. For years they sat as silent judges and juries and dispensed justice for the greater good of dear Old Main.
I laugh sadly at the irony of this criminal prosecution. Here are 3 men with high paid lawyers raising every legal obstacle at their disposal. Due proce$$.
They are essentially accused of robbing children of access to due process and allowing a convicted felon to continue to rape children on their property.
Had these young boys had only a small fraction of the legal support these 3 Sicko's have used, much harm would have been avoided.

tumblr_nwf4r41sox1rpduwho1_500.gif

Reactions: ratking17
Would be amazing. Tell that he stopped things both times and he was really in charge of it all.
Yeah, this could end up being very entertaining. Those 3 guys blaming Paterno then trying to explain how a guy who reports to them could tell them what to do. They may end up trying to throw each other under the bus.

And it would be very telling if it ends up being proven what we all knew along. That the tail [the Athletic Department [Joe]] was wagging the dog [the rest of the university] the whole time.

An added bonus could be that the NCAA comes out looking foolish for easing up on the sanctions.

The state has a new attorney general he'll probably pull a Zappala and slap the three with a $50 fine.

Yeah, this could end up being very entertaining. Those 3 guys blaming Paterno then trying to explain how a guy who reports to them could tell them what to do. They may end up trying to throw each other under the bus.

And it would be very telling if it ends up being proven what we all knew along. That the tail [the Athletic Department [Joe]] was wagging the dog [the rest of the university] the whole time.

An added bonus could be that the NCAA comes out looking foolish for easing up on the sanctions.
The "bad hombres" are going to point fingers at each other the moment the trial starts. Until now, they have had a common enemy. But once trial starts and testimony flows, strategies will shift and trial tactics will be bent into whatever best protects one of the 3. Finger pointing will undoubtedly occur. The dynamic on which the prosecution will in part rely is the wholly unlikely event that 3 powerful leaders were powerless to do more than they could. Because Paterno is rotting in hell, all 3 can blame him. But that won't work IMHO because it is too easy and because (as one poster has pointed out) it will make them look stupid if they appear as if Paterno ran the show and not they. Ego's usually don't allow that.
At the end of the day, you have the common knowledge that a man was raping kids on your property. You received reports and yet you did next to nothing. Your investigation was virtually non existent.
Tough case to defend because the evidence is known by many. This isn't OJ where people with an eyewitness account are dead and one can plead the 5th. This is a case where facts exist in abundance and witnesses are alive and well.
These 3 clowns are in for the thrill of a lifetime.

Well the latest charge is conspiracy to endanger a child. You see, visitors from planet joe, innocent people rush to justice to clear their names and move on with their lives. Guilty people delay, deflect and dodge.

The vast majority understand that these 3 bad people were part of a coverup and if joe were alive he would be on trial as well. You see, they knew and did nothing and that is a crime. Is it any wonder that this can happen up there with comments from 1997 & kev? WOW

I predict they throw Paterno under the bus.
That's what this whole story has been about. Not that paterno wasn't also to blame, he was. But there was plenty of blame to go around. Simply making it out to be mostly his fault though distracts people and keeps them from digging deeper into what others at penn State were doing. More blame paterno gets, less blame psu as a whole gets.

That's what this whole story has been about. Not that paterno wasn't also to blame, he was. But there was plenty of blame to go around. Simply making it out to be mostly his fault though distracts people and keeps them from digging deeper into what others at penn State were doing. More blame paterno gets, less blame psu as a whole gets.
Despite it being PSU (administration, students, alumni) that gave Paterno the power he had to force the cover up and enabling of Sandusky.

No despot just has power on its own. The people have to allow it. Look at the French Revolution, it took centuries of tyranny but ultimately the people had enough. It's not to say what comes after isn't also despotic (it often is) but the point is somebody can't keep sh*tting on you unless you let them.

These administrators ... and PSU by extension ... are absolutely guilty. All may as well have raped those little boys themselves.

But sadly in this case, that point probably will be indeed lost. Because of all the money involved, it's been avoided this long and no doubt some last minute delay will continue it along. Even if it eventually does occur, the media and government will spin and minimize it so that the money train keeps flowing ... as it has done all this time.

Despite it being PSU (administration, students, alumni) that gave Paterno the power he had to force the cover up and enabling of Sandusky.

No despot just has power on its own. The people have to allow it. Look at the French Revolution, it took centuries of tyranny but ultimately the people had enough. It's not to say what comes after isn't also despotic (it often is) but the point is somebody can't keep sh*tting on you unless you let them.

These administrators ... and PSU by extension ... are absolutely guilty. All may as well have raped those little boys themselves.

But sadly in this case, that point probably will be indeed lost. Because of all the money involved, it's been avoided this long and no doubt some last minute delay will continue it along. Even if it eventually does occur, the media and government will spin and minimize it so that the money train keeps flowing ... as it has done all this time.
Exactly.

Any chance the NCAA revisits the sanctions and perhaps does a reset of penalties after these guys are put away for the next 15 years

The Second Mile? Sure, they had no reason to cover this up. You know they were going straight to the police on this one! Child psychologists? You mean like Alycia Chambers? The one who told PSU that Sandusky's behaviour was consistent with the grooming pattern of victims by a paedophile? The licensed child psychologist reported this to who? PSU campus police! So what did PSU do with that information? They got a second psychologist to give them the report that they wanted so they could stop the investigation. Who authorised the second psychologist evaluation? Nobody at PSU knows who authorised it! Who set up the "sting" operation to eavesdrop on Sandusky at a potential victims house? The PSU campus police! That is the cover-up right there. They gave the appearance that they were reporting this to others when they knew darn well that the information wasn't going to be acted upon by those who it was reported to. So where are the PA state police during all of this?

You do realise that PSU covered up crime on campus in general for many years and as a result the Clery Act record fines were levied on PSU. And who else might have interfered with law enforcement and student discipline on campus for football players? Joe Paterno? That's what Vicky Triponey says!

They knew how to cover their tracks. Their main concerns were not of the victims. Their main concerns were to report to people who would not go outside of PSU or agencies they could control so nothing would happen but if the lid did get blown off, they could claim to have "reported".

Don't you find it curious that Spanier asked two questions when presented with the information about what McQueary witnessed in the shower: "Are you sure that it was described to you as horsing around?" and "Are you sure that that is all that was reported?" (This info comes from this article: http://deadspin.com/5944033/malcolm...usky-into-a-parable-by-leaving-out-some-facts )

Spanier was not interested in what actually happened. This shows that he was going going to act not on what happened, but what was "reported". There was a major disconnect in what they knew and what they "reported". Were they all incompetent? Were they all fooled? Were they naive? Were they covering this up?

With McQueary's testimony being deemed credible during his civil trial, I think that Joe isn't the only one involved who has shat his pants at this point.
I'm not getting into the banter here, but what you posted simply isn't accurate. The DA Ray Gricar set up the sting operation with Scheffler. Ray Gricar is the one who chose not to press charges. Police cannot bring charges, that's what DA's do. The question is why didn't Gricar press charges?

Any chance the NCAA revisits the sanctions and perhaps does a reset of penalties after these guys are put away for the next 15 years

I'd say no. The NCAA caved to the cult once. There is no going back. That old bag Sue Paterno and her idiot sons duped everyone. I'm not sure if you can find somebody guilty that's already dead, but that would make my life if someone had the nerve to say Paternos guilty.

Reactions: Swervin27
I'm not getting into the banter here, but what you posted simply isn't accurate. The DA Ray Gricar set up the sting operation with Scheffler. Ray Gricar is the one who chose not to press charges. Police cannot bring charges, that's what DA's do. The question is why didn't Gricar press charges?

You mean the guy who went missing and no ones heard from him again? My guess is Paterno probably had him killed.

They fired paturdo twice so they finally stood up to the old windbag. This school needs to get out of the way and let justice take over! They had a coach who molested young boys and 4 top administrators who orchestrated a quiet campaign. This trial has been delayed for years by the 3 bh (bad hombres) fighting for a mistrial so let's see if PA can finally grow a pair and get this to court.

Would love to see Freeh subpoenaed for his testimony.

A final few points. If you think the three from Penn State are going to roll on each other, you're sadly mistaken. They would have already done that. They've been offered 3 plea deals and turned them down. You simply don't roll during a trial, but before, so you don't go to trial. That's just common sense. As far as delays? Judge Hoover sat on motions for over 2 years. Let's not pretend like the judicial system in PA isn't corrupt.

Reactions: step.eng69
Oh yeah, Louis Freeh never wants to see a subpoena, or a courtroom. To think that guy is believable is laughable. From BP to FIFA, his reputation and honor is trash.

Reactions: step.eng69
Guys I have it on a few sources that there is a ton of stuff going to coming out on this and likely another repeat of major revelations going to come
Down the pike UPS. I want CPN is ready and waiting to get the kids who transfer. I'm talking major stuff that could see Miles Sanders in a Pitt uni in September. Major stuff.

A final few points. If you think the three from Penn State are going to roll on each other, you're sadly mistaken. They would have already done that. They've been offered 3 plea deals and turned them down. You simply don't roll during a trial, but before, so you don't go to trial. That's just common sense. As far as delays? Judge Hoover sat on motions for over 2 years. Let's not pretend like the judicial system in PA isn't corrupt.
Wrong.
The challenges to date have all been procedural and legitimate. None had anything to do with facts. There was no reason to "roll" since facts were never an issue.
It's common at that stage to have joint defense agreements to share costs and strategies and effort.
"Common sense" dictates that you exhaust all procedural efforts BEFORE YOU CONTEMPLATE A PLEA. Especially when someone else with deep pockets is paying your legal fees and expenses.
Nothing in litigation is as important as a trial date. Nothing.
Once the procedural issues are set aside and the reality of jail time comes into focus, then defendants sit down and asses the situation. Likewise, the prosecution does the same thing.
Contrary to your assertion, it would have been ridiculous to cop a plea earlier with the Cynthia Baldwin fiasco as a legitimate defense.. What she did was unmitigated legal stupidity. Were I ruling on that issue, I probably would have decided that testimony at the grand jury level was fruit from the poisenous tree.

Wrong.
The challenges to date have all been procedural and legitimate. None had anything to do with facts. There was no reason to "roll" since facts were never an issue.
It's common at that stage to have joint defense agreements to share costs and strategies and effort.
"Common sense" dictates that you exhaust all procedural efforts BEFORE YOU CONTEMPLATE A PLEA. Especially when someone else with deep pockets is paying your legal fees and expenses.
Nothing in litigation is as important as a trial date. Nothing.
Once the procedural issues are set aside and the reality of jail time comes into focus, then defendants sit down and asses the situation. Likewise, the prosecution does the same thing.
Contrary to your assertion, it would have been ridiculous to cop a plea earlier with the Cynthia Baldwin fiasco as a legitimate defense.. What she did was unmitigated legal stupidity. Were I ruling on that issue, I probably would have decided that testimony at the grand jury level was fruit from the poisenous tree.
The judge was wrong for say that Cynthia Baldwin could testify in the first place. If Freeh was so wrong why has State Penn implement 116 of the 119 changes to get the university on the right track which they are not. Example reporting sexual crime on campus which they never did . Football players above the law . Joe in complete charge of discipline. It just goes on and on

The judge was wrong for say that Cynthia Baldwin could testify in the first place. If Freeh was so wrong why has State Penn implement 116 of the 119 changes to get the university on the right track which they are not. Example reporting sexual crime on campus which they never did . Football players above the law . Joe in complete charge of discipline. It just goes on and on

Wrong! Freeh made all of those things up.

At the time Gricar felt he didn't have enough evidence to convict. IMO he got that evidence a few years later and was about to act on it. Then poof...he was gone.

Wrong! Freeh made all of those things up.
The NCAA, Big Ten, Nike and media all must agree there was nothing to any of it, because none of them have made Penn State the least bit accountable.

In fact they are stronger now than ever. In the last few years of Paterno they were not good. With him out of the way, they are still beneath the elite but better than before. This thing actually HELPED them, at least in the area they care most (if not only) about.

Pitt is not much cleaner, continuing to beg them for games. But I guess our position is to see and hear no evil like everyone else.

Everyone is indelibly stained by this.

The discovery during the lawsuit between the Insurer and PSU uncovered the settlements paid by PSU on behalf of Sandusky. that goes back long before 1998. Certainly it was known by the brass and Paterno as he was AD as well. Tough to sell not calling outside law enforcement after the MM info. PSU is dirty here and no amount of wisha shoulda coulda by a dying paterno changes that narrative.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
I'm near certain that sanctions will be brought
Out and it's extremely likely that the current staff including James Franklin get a 5 year show cause. That's how this is going to go down. There is no way the NCAA does not send a message after the University and the Paternos sued them. I will be LMAO when Miles Sanders, Kevin Givens, and Lamont Wade are begging to come back. Pat better make them beg and set an example of what happens to kids who give us the finger.

This is not about the Pittsburgh players who went to St Penn.

This is about bringing justice to those who are guilty. Anyone who was abused or knows someone who was knows this is what the victims want.

Out and it's extremely likely that the current staff including James Franklin get a 5 year show cause. That's how this is going to go down. There is no way the NCAA does not send a message after the University and the Paternos sued them. I will be LMAO when Miles Sanders, Kevin Givens, and Lamont Wade are begging to come back. Pat better make them beg and set an example of what happens to kids who give us the finger.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther

Plus, the JFK and Jimmy Hoffa sagas will be resolved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT