ADVERTISEMENT

USA Soccer thread

So its something I have to purchase on top of what I am already paying for? No. Drawing the line here. NO.

Yes, you have to pay for a streaming package to watch the game. Legally.

The home teams sell the broadcasting rights for all World Cup qualifiers. The Central American and Caribbean countries for year have sold the rights to channels that no one gets, and even a few times they made them only available on pay per view. I have often said that the US (and if it happens to Mexico they should do it too) should tell these countries that if they don't sell the rights to the games to a channel that a majority of Americans get, in other words ESPN or Fox or NBC (or even CBS if they guaranteed the game would be on a channel that people can watch) that the US will simply not sell the rights for their home game in that country to any stations there for any price they want to pay.

I mean it's not like US Soccer is getting rich selling the rights to show one game against Honduras to a Honduran television network. So tell these other federations, if you won't make these games accessible to a majority of Americans when we play you in your country then we will not be making the games accessible to a majority of your country when we play you in our country.

Well, the US is starting a completely different lineup tonight. It looks like it's going to be a 3-4-1-2, with both Sargent and Pepi in the starting lineup.

Well, the US is starting a completely different lineup tonight. It looks like it's going to be a 3-4-1-2, with both Sargent and Pepi in the starting lineup.
You know the old addage:

When you desperately need 3 points in Central America, you start a CB from Colorado Rapids to start in midfield.

I'm ok with Pepi starting. He is in good form right now and really what are the other options.

Reports are the McKennie actually violated covid protocols twice. First he left the team bubble and spent a night someplace other than the team hotel. Then on a different night he brought an unauthorized person into the bubble at the hotel.

Dumbass.

dude is horny AF. I'm not saying it's right - but I understand.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Well I was all set to watch the match on my local Telemundo channel. Then, right at kickoff, they divert coverage to weather and a tornado warning in my area. 16 minutes into the match and i've seen the same radar screen minute after minute.

I have no idea what Berhalter's strategy is besides playing out of the back. And with this lot, that is dangerous. Offensively, there is no plan. And he has Tyler Adams playing a RWB. If they lose, after watching this crap...sack his ass before the U.S. plane is wheels up. I was never really a fan of his hire to start

And James Sands just plain old sucks.

Also that Honduran player that got fouled by Acosta, my god, I thought he got stabbed in the back with all the theatrics.

Are we trying to get berkhalter kiffined in Tegucigalpa?

Pepi is the man!!
Pepi should have played some in these last 2 games. Its very possible that he is the best true striker we have. He wont be in MLS much longer. Instead we rolled out a Swiss League striker since, oh wow, he plays in Europe.

I was big on Sargent in the beginning but he hasn't progressed. Pepi is next man up and should be the main guy there.

Nice post ahole. Don't post until the game
Is over
No, don't. That first half was a complete disgrace. If GB doesn't make his changes until the 70th minute...maybe they win, maybe they draw, quite possibly lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I know that guys who are injured can't play, which is more than you and someone else here can seem to grasp.
You're a psycho with no life if you're following every player available for their current status. That's basically minutia

essentially?

He wont turn 19 till January. He is the age of a typical college freshman. He'll be in Europe after the MLS season is completed.
No. Because he’s an MLS player. So that makes him wise and talented beyond his years.

we needed that second half and the goal differential will help. now tied for 2nd-4th place through 3 games. hopefully we get out of that 4th intl qualifier position.

No. Because he’s an MLS player. So that makes him wise and talented beyond his years.
Meaning that he's good enough for USAMNT without ever playing in Europe, and meaning that there are Americans already in Europe not as good as he is. Meaning he didn't need Europe to get this far.

Meaning that he's good enough for USAMNT without ever playing in Europe, and meaning that there are Americans already in Europe not as good as he is. Meaning he didn't need Europe to get this far.
There is very little difference between MLS and the mid-tier Euro leagues like Scotland, Austria, Switzerland, 2 Bundesliga, the Championship, etc.

But when you guys playing in the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga, you shouldn't be losing or drawing guys who play in MLS or Central American rec leagues.

we needed that second half and the goal differential will help. now tied for 2nd-4th place through 3 games. hopefully we get out of that 4th intl qualifier position.
Well you would like to think the next grouping of games in October, hosting Jamaica and Costa Rica and away at Panama there is a good chance for 5 out of 6 points, maybe even all 6.

Then in November host Mexico and away at Jamaica at worst you get 2 of the 4.

That pretty much would set up likely guarantee they will finish in the top 3 going into 2022.

There is very little difference between MLS and the mid-tier Euro leagues like Scotland, Austria, Switzerland, 2 Bundesliga, the Championship, etc.

But when you guys playing in the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga, you shouldn't be losing or drawing guys who play in MLS or Central American rec leagues.
"Shouldn't", tell that to the MLS and Central American Rec players. And a team of NBA All Stars should never lose to teams of African or Euro League players either, but it happens.

"Shouldn't", tell that to the MLS and Central American Rec players. And a team of NBA All Stars should never lose to teams of African or Euro League players either, but it happens.
Before there was MLS and before we had this young talented crop of players playing in the top 6 leagues of Europe, the US had a toughness about them. Teams knew they were in for a battle. Yes we never won a World Cup, but we had respect. So we didn’t have soccer pedigree but we played with grit. That always went a long way. My fear as we are having more players playing at the top club levels, we will start to play a certain way and not have enough of that level talent to compete when that identity we had is gone.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Well you would like to think the next grouping of games in October, hosting Jamaica and Costa Rica and away at Panama there is a good chance for 5 out of 6 points, maybe even all 6.

Then in November host Mexico and away at Jamaica at worst you get 2 of the 4.

That pretty much would set up likely guarantee they will finish in the top 3 going into 2022.

They should beat able to get 6 points from Jamaica and CR at home. Then down in Panama, they should be able to manage at least a draw. So 7 points is what is expected.

If we were to win all 3 especially with one of those on the road in Panama, I would say we would have qualification almost wrapped up. We'd be on 14 points. The team below us. 4th place would likely be between 8-10 points and we'd still have home games coming vs Panama, El Salvador, and Honduras

Before there was MLS and before we had this young talented crop of players playing in the top 6 leagues of Europe, the US had a toughness about them. Teams knew they were in for a battle. Yes we never won a World Cup, but we had respect. So we didn’t have soccer pedigree but we played with grit. That always went a long way. My fear as we are having more players playing at the top club levels, we will start to play a certain way and not have enough of that level talent to compete when that identity we had is gone.

they had pride but it was also a showcase opportunity since no one watched MLS. that's been gone for a long time and i don't think it's ever coming back.

In the time between NASL ending until MLS started, where did USMNT guys play? College, Foreign I suppose, Indoor was big then too.

I admit, I barely knew soccer existed in that time period.

I think this is overhyped too much. The best US teams had elite US players.

I think the 2014 team was one of the best ever and it had Dempsey and Donovan both playing in MLS but only because they would outbid Europe. Jermaine Jones was playing for Schalke. Bradley was playing for Roma, Chandler and Johnson in the Bundesliga. Altidore was at Sunderland.

Now look at 2017 WCQ and you see much of the same team but past their prime. There was a lost generation in between that team and the young guys now. The young kids playing are doing so for 2 reasons. Yes they are talented. But there arent any 25, 25, 27 year olds ahead of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT