ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA to Big 10

Coming after Clemson and company in 3, 2...

I'd say we need to form a super conference with the Big 12 and Pac 12, but most of the leftovers from those conferences aren't so super.

Reactions: mike 301
2 conferences with 20 something teams.
Defeats the point of even being in a conference.

Did the Pac have a grant of rights ?

Reactions: ratking17
Interesting thing is: what happens to Oregon?

They are a marketable team.

But they bring no recruiting base.

And they are so far away from any other conference, that it becomes a beatdown to add them.

Yeah...they will break officially away from ncaa.

Whether all the schools from the power 5 join will remain to be seen. I could see a big12 school like a Kansas just say let's stick with basketball at this point but who knows.

Reactions: BreakingPitt

Did the Pac have a grant of rights ?

Geographically speaking, how do you add any of the Pac 12? Which teams are worth the logistics of adding them? Probably the only two, just got added to the Big 10.

You can argue the same with the Big 12 as well.

When does it comes to a point where students refuse to find a gigantic athletic budget with chartered cross continental flights with their tuitions?

Reactions: singregardless
Isn't the SEC already at 18 once texas and Oklahoma go? At what point are there too many teams unless the SEC goes with what financially they should have done years ago and kick vandy and some dead weight out in exchange for better quality teams.

But this is the end game. We have finally reached it.

Reactions: mas1021 and kma0043
Going cross country is at worst 5 hrs...and that is coast to coast. It's not that big of a deal.

I read that Notre Dame would actually make more money as an ACC member than they do now. Not sure how that's true with NBC, but assuming it is... what could be done to attract them? Because that would have to be one of the few things we can do to entice Clemson to stay (and even that probably wouldn't be enough). Find a way to add ND and WVU.

In theory you could see a raid on the ACC significant enough that the conference folds. And so the GOR wouldn’t even matter.

Because the big10 and sec future TV contracts are going to blow everything out of the water and because the ACC media deal is sooo behind the others, I do not think the GOR is going to matter one iota to the SEC or Big10 if they want an ACC team.

Does pitt start lobbying behind the scenes to the Big10? If not you need Notre Dame once and for all.

Reactions: cashisking884
Yeah, I almost said Miami and Clemson. And that may be true, but I think they'd probably take UNC before Miami. Either way, they're coming for us, Barbara.

Yeah, Miami probably looks better to the Big 10 than the SEC.

But I could see the SEC maybe wanting Miami so they monopolize the state of FL. If you take Miami and FSU, the state is yours.

Notre Dame needs to go all in (football) or else we need to make a move on the other teams like Oregon, Arizona, etc. that are getting left behind. Cherry pick the best 4-6 teams from the Big 12/Pac 12, and add them to ACC.

Notre Dame needs to go all in (football) or else we need to make a move on the other teams like Oregon, Arizona, etc. that are getting left behind. Cherry pick the best 4-6 teams from the Big 12/Pac 12, and add them to ACC.
I dont think that actually helps the brand. That dilutes it. The ACC tv deal is the biggest problem right now

Reactions: Hardslider21
We would be able to negotiate a new contract. Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Stanford, etc. bring something to the table.
Again, I don't see how that really brings eyeballs, especially if the acc loses clemson and/or Miami. It would allow the acc to reopen the TV deal though

Interesting thing is: what happens to Oregon?

They are a marketable team.

But they bring no recruiting base.

And they are so far away from any other conference, that it becomes a beatdown to add them.
The B1G isn't done raiding the PAC12, they'll most likely add Washington, Oregon, Stanford, one of the Arizona schools(most likely UA) and Colorado.

Reactions: Hardslider21
I am not a tv revenue guy, but would it be more beneficial if all of the schools that wanted to play football at the big boy level just join forces under one "league". Or do these conferences and schools make more money by being in these mega conferences? And then I guess a problem is what about the schools like UCF that have been shunned by the big boys. Would they be allowed to join the big boy league?

Just spitballing a few thoughts

Reactions: Tucker99 and plcp
I am absolutely shocked at this news. I’ve never been more surprised in all of my life.

It’s almost as if two conferences are trying to separate from the others. I cannot believe the B1G responded to the SEC.

Shocking…..🤣

I am absolutely shocked at this news. I’ve never been more surprised in all of my life.

It’s almost as if two conferences are trying to separate from the others. I cannot believe the B1G responded to the SEC.

Shocking…..🤣

Unless schools like Clemson, Florida State, etc. are insistent upon taking some moral high ground approach, then it's mostly just a slow burn to the inevitable at this point (Big 10 and SEC breaking away from the rest to form this non NCAA-sanctioned super league). It's basically an individualized matter as to which schools get invited to the dance and which are left in the dust. UNC, Miami, Oregon, FSU, Clemson? They'll always have a prom date and they'll be safe. Pitt and WVU? Well, likely not.

Unless schools like Clemson, Florida State, etc. are insistent upon taking some moral high ground approach, then it's mostly just a slow burn to the inevitable at this point. It's basically an individualized matter as to which schools get invited to the dance and which are left in the dust. UNC, Miami, Oregon, FSU, Clemson? They'll always have a prom date and they'll be safe. Pitt and WVU? Well, likely not.
You should probably read like every single post of mine related to this topic.

I’ve been staying this for the past 2-3 years. When OUT left XII, it was inevitable that there would be a Big 2….a Big 4 was never in the plans. Ever. Gimme a new construct. One that allows WVU to play Pitt and VPI and for all of us to have a chance at the tier 2 trophy (along with other 20-50ish programs).

I honestly won’t WANT to play the top dawgs in this new NIL era. We will get destroyed. Needs to be 3 classifications.

Reactions: rmf05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT