ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA to Big 10

What's the likelihood the acc keeps the 4 year conference schedule through 2026? Over/under 20%

Notre Dame needs to go all in (football) or else we need to make a move on the other teams like Oregon, Arizona, etc. that are getting left behind. Cherry pick the best 4-6 teams from the Big 12/Pac 12, and add them to ACC.

We would be able to negotiate a new contract. Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Stanford, etc. bring something to the table.

Add ND to Washington, Oregon and Stanford for the most value since time zones apparently don't matter.

You should probably read like every single post of mine related to this topic.

I’ve been staying this for the past 2-3 years. When OUT left XII, it was inevitable that there would be a Big 2….a Big 4 was never in the plans. Ever. Gimme a new construct. One that allows WVU to play Pitt and VPI and for all of us to have a chance at the tier 2 trophy (along with other 20-50ish programs).

I honestly won’t WANT to play the top dawgs in this new NIL era. We will get destroyed. Needs to be 3 classifications.

I've said the same. Pitt, WVU, Boston College, Cincy, TCU, Baylor, etc., etc., etc. will be in their own league and have an opportunity to win championships. The quality of play won't be as great, as they'll go from getting few national recruits to almost none, but very few fans will notice (college football is about brand and pageantry). Oh, and the money will be less. Much less. No crazy TV deals, etc.

What does concern me is accessibility to this league. The big networks are going to carry games from the super league all day Saturday (and probably a few other nights). This league is either going to have to form some alliance with a streaming network or bump the Tuesday night MACtion games off ESPN.

Another concern is poaching. Presumably, this will be a feeder league to the super conference. Frustrating, to say the least. But it is what it is. It will essentially be G5/low P5 level of play (as we know it today) with a more FCS structure (albeit better quality and production value).

Notre Dame with their Big Rivalry with U$C will most likely be joining the FAT 10 eventually. PITT better try to use their long history of playing ND to become a 2nd Team added with them, but I think the FAT 10 will go after Da ‘U’ and Clemson & Florida State end up in the SEC. That would leave just 2 openings left in each of those Conferences, assuming they would even want to expand to 20 Schools(I assume the SEC could add North Carolina and Virginia Tech). All of these Schools will now officially break away from the NCAA to run their own Sports Conferences. Kind of like the L.iV Golf Tour will people leave for the larger amount of money(although at least it is not the Saudi’s Blood Money),

How lucky Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwester, and Vanderbilt must feel today assuming they are not asked to leave in the future.

Although, with a good possibility that the US will lose it’s Democracy within 4-5 years(which I have said already was started with those Federalist Society Little Scalia SCOTUS Justices’s Decisions in 2010 on Citizens United allowing Dark Money in Politics and gutting the Voting Rights Act in the 2013 Holder v Shelby County Decision and the recent other decisions on gutting another section of the VRA a few years ago has already lead to the end of our Democracy), I guess College Football is really a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Notre Dame with their Big Rivalry with U$C will most likely be joining the FAT 10 eventually. PITT better try to use their long history of playing ND to become a 2nd Team added with them, but I think the FAT 10 will go after Da ‘U’ and Clemson & Florida State end up in the SEC. That would leave just 2 openings left in each of those Conferences, assuming they would even want to expand to 20 Schools(I assume the SEC could add North Carolina and Virginia Tech). All of these Schools will now officially break away from the NCAA to run their own Sports Conferences. Kind of like the L.iV Golf Tour will people leave for the larger amount of money(although at least it is not the Saudi’s Blood Money),

How lucky Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwester, and Vanderbilt must feel today assuming they are not asked to leave in the future

I don't see what Pitt adds to the Big Ten. They have the Pittsburgh market (even if it's more about just creating better matchups these days, we're still not first on the list), and we don't really fit in with their huge land grant institution structure.

And yeah... I can't see how these butt scrub schools are going to continue to be allowed to tag along.

I don't see what Pitt adds to the Big Ten. They have the Pittsburgh market (even if it's more about just creating better matchups these days, we're still not first on the list), and we don't really fit in with their huge land grant institution structure.

And yeah... I can't see how these big scrub schools are going to continue to be allowed to tag along.
The land grant thing doesn't matter. If they believe pitt will financially benefit them they will add us. If not we get left out.

How lucky Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwester, and Vanderbilt must feel today assuming they are not asked to leave in the future
The Big Ten is going to add at least two more Pac-12 teams before this over.

The land grant thing doesn't matter. If they believe pitt will financially benefit them they will add us. If not we get left out.

I don't see how we add more to the pot than we'd extract. They already made that mistake on their last expansion. ND, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Miami, NC State, VT, and Virginia would all be taken before us.

Reactions: ThePanthers
You should probably read like every single post of mine related to this topic.

I’ve been staying this for the past 2-3 years. When OUT left XII, it was inevitable that there would be a Big 2….a Big 4 was never in the plans. Ever. Gimme a new construct. One that allows WVU to play Pitt and VPI and for all of us to have a chance at the tier 2 trophy (along with other 20-50ish programs).

I honestly won’t WANT to play the top dawgs in this new NIL era. We will get destroyed. Needs to be 3 classifications.
I thought Ohio State wanted out of the B1G to play with all of their rivals? Any way, this should juice up the "WVU to the SEC" stuff, again.

I don't see how we add more to the pot than we'd extract. They already made that mistake on their last expansion. ND, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Miami, NC State, VT, and Virginia would all be taken before us.
Yeah. Does the Pac 12 backfill with BYU and some Big 12 schools?

The thing we have that others don't is history, we are relevant again nationally, and pitt does well with tv ratings when we are on.

On the other hand, psu and osu already have the Pittsburgh market. I think espn likes us though. I hope we will be okay.

Yeah. Does the Pac 12 backfill with BYU and some Big 12 schools?

If some combination of Oregon/Washington/Stanford/Arizona are really leaving, too, I don't see how they don't just pack it in. BYU is going to the Big 12 now. If they only lose two, I think the next two up might be Boise St. and San Diego St. or something. But I think they're cooked if a few more bail. The PAC 12 sucked even before this.

Let's start a conference with no scholarships and no NIL, maybe with CMU, Duquesne, W&J, RMU, Geneva, YSU and Grove City and just get it over with, I'd be all in to watch every game, I am seriously sick of all this consolidation and changes meant to make the rich richer and be the only ones that can compete, I'd be happier not being a part of it.

Well, Notre Dame will be first to get invited, but after that then maybe Oregon, if not Da ‘U’.

They've wanted ND for years, though, and ND has to pay $150M if they join any conference other than the ACC before 2036.

Maybe if Clemson, FSU, etc. get poached Notre Dame will find some wording in the contract to get out of that. But I don't know.

I've heard someone say our ESPN contract, which people have admonished, might actually come around to help us in that ESPN won't want the ACC to fall apart while its under contract.

Reactions: 4382
ND really IS going to need to join something because the current conference construct is going bye-bye.

You gotta think it’ll be in this B1G group of teams.

They've wanted ND for years, though, and ND has to pay $150M if they join any conference other than the ACC before 2036.

Maybe if Clemson, FSU, etc. get poached Notre Dame will find some wording in the contract to get out of that. But I don't know.

I've heard someone say our ESPN contract, which people have admonished, might actually come around to help us in that ESPN won't want the ACC to fall apart while its under contract.
Now that U$C being Notre Dame’s Main Rivalry Game after UCLA, is joining the FAT 10, Notre Dame will join that Conference. It is simple as that.

Don't be too sure of that, the B1G could easily swing south and grab UVA and UNC.
If I’m the B1G, my next move is Clemson, GT, ND and FSU.

Two of those schools because they are really good programs. The other two because they are in perhaps the two most talent rich states.

B1G would have footprint in 3 of the 4 biggest recruiting states (excluding TX).

Two of those schools because they are really good programs. The other two because they are in perhaps the two most talent rich states.

B1G would have footprint in 3 of the 4 biggest recruiting states (excluding TX).

I doubt USC and UCLA are coming over without a plan to add more west coast schools. No offense, but no one wants to be a total geographical outlier in a conference.

If I'm the B1G, my next move is to invite every school in D1 except West Virginia.

Pitt isn’t in the best position, but it’s a lot better than WV.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT