ADVERTISEMENT

Use only this thread to pitch your insane expansion ideas

That may be what the schools want, but it will never be successful. People aren't going to pay $10 per game. People here don't even want to pay $10 to sit in the stands.

I think the closest comparable model for an ACC-only streaming subscription would be MLB.tv which was originally priced at $130 for the 2021 season.

If that were ever to happen it would be Armageddon for college sports, because the money would be drastically reduced.

Reactions: pafootballguy
If players are going to be getting paid, or boosters paying them endorsement deals, and Pitt will be doing none of that and be even worse off than now. How about a BIG SCHOOL D3 league. Have schools like Pitt, Northwestern, Vanderbilt or whoever else isn't on the money spending train, start a nationwide league of big universities who deemphasize football and play each other. I want to watch MY TEAM, PITT I don't care about the quality of the players or skill level. I won't be watching the Super League EVER anyways, what do you watch for? I watch to see PITT PLAY, not to see "the best" teams at the highest level.

Well if you all want turn on Madden in a fee, he is going to talk smack about the 20 m donation again, and the donor and Duzz too

If players are going to be getting paid, or boosters paying them endorsement deals, and Pitt will be doing none of that and be even worse off than now. How about a BIG SCHOOL D3 league. Have schools like Pitt, Northwestern, Vanderbilt or whoever else isn't on the money spending train, start a nationwide league of big universities who deemphasize football and play each other. I want to watch MY TEAM, PITT I don't care about the quality of the players or skill level. I won't be watching the Super League EVER anyways, what do you watch for? I watch to see PITT PLAY, not to see "the best" teams at the highest level.
It called the Ivy League

I honestly wouldn't care if Pitt joined the Ivy League, it wouldn't change anything for me, I'd still just follow Pitt, no matter the level or who they played.
I Don’t disagree with you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT