ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT best XI

I'm really rooting for Marsch and Co. Leeds is as tough of a soccer town as there is in England and if he can produce there, he could become a club legend as the gaffer.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I'm really rooting for Marsch and Co. Leeds is as tough of a soccer town as there is in England and if he can produce there, he could become a club legend as the gaffer.
Any town the produced the British Bulldog is a tough town! Looking forward to watching Leeds. Trying to make them my favorite team

Any town the produced the British Bulldog is a tough town! Looking forward to watching Leeds. Trying to make them my favorite team
Great play on a golden oldie from the hayday of WWF. I think Leeds will be very interesting to watch this season. Team America, **** Yeah!

On a trip to England in December, I visited the town of York in Yorkshire. I believe Leeds is in Yorkshire and Leeds United is the closest club to the town. Its well worth the visit if anyone is interested. While there, there was a MNF match between Leeds and Man City. There were plenty of Leeds fans watching and they were incredibly obnoxious. I was so glad that City pounded them early just to shut them up. That said, I think all the Brits are obnoxious so I’m trying not to let that experience impact my rooting for Leeds this season.

On a trip to England in December, I visited the town of York in Yorkshire. I believe Leeds is in Yorkshire and Leeds United is the closest club to the town. Its well worth the visit if anyone is interested. While there, there was a MNF match between Leeds and Man City. There were plenty of Leeds fans watching and they were incredibly obnoxious. I was so glad that City pounded them early just to shut them up. That said, I think all the Brits are obnoxious so I’m trying not to let that experience impact my rooting for Leeds this season.
Good call on picking City

Good call on picking City
Oh no, I didn’t pick them. Lol. You know how hard it was to root for them? But the Leeds idiots made it easy for a day. ( I also root for City any time it meant Liverpool wasn’t winning a trophy).

Not sure how much you know about Leeds, but they sold Raphinha to Barca and Phillips to Man City. Those were arguably the best two players. But they have Bamford (Chelsea academy) coming back and he’s a very good forward. Leeds struggled last year when they lost him to injury and they had no one to score. They replaced Phillips with Adams and Raphinha with an exciting winger. Adams might not quite be the player Phillips was, but he’s younger. Additionally, we all know that a players best ability is their availability, and Phillips missed half their games to injury. So in that sense Adams could be an upgrade if he stays healthy. In addition, they added depth they they didn’t have with 5 other players. One of course is Aaronson who gives them the pressing that Marsch wants and the penetrating line breaking abilities that they haven’t seen there in several years.

this is Jesse’s team now. In my opinion, they won’t do better than 14th…but part of the intrigue in the Prem is the relegation battle…and if they stay healthy, hopefully they stay up. Then they can spend more next year. Even bottom half of the table Prem teams have the ability to spend more than the other top leagues. They have twice the money of Spanish teams, 4x the money of Italian teams and 3x the money of Bundesliga teams. So another window or 2 and maybe Leeds can compete for a spot in a Europe cup competition if Jesse does his job well.

You know that if he's healthy in November that he's making the roster, right?
The roster size is 26 so maybe. They'd be playing a glorified MLS team in Iran so maybe he'll score

You take, what, 4 strikers, maybe 5

Ferreria, Pepi, Pefok, Morris, Zardes, Sargent, Wright. Who am I forgetting?

I dont think Zardes gets close to making it though. He only has 4 goals this season.

I think Ferreira is a lock. Gotta go Pefok now that he's in the Bundesliga (as long as he's playing). Pepi, also as long as he's playing. And probably Haji Wright. Jordan Morris could be the 5th. And maybe Josh Sargent catches fire in the 2nd Division, which is probably still the 7th or 8th best league in the world

The roster size is 26 so maybe. They'd be playing a glorified MLS team in Iran so maybe he'll score

You take, what, 4 strikers, maybe 5

Ferreria, Pepi, Pefok, Morris, Zardes, Sargent, Wright. Who am I forgetting?

I dont think Zardes gets close to making it though. He only has 4 goals this season.

I think Ferreira is a lock. Gotta go Pefok now that he's in the Bundesliga (as long as he's playing). Pepi, also as long as he's playing. And probably Haji Wright. Jordan Morris could be the 5th. And maybe Josh Sargent catches fire in the 2nd Division, which is probably still the 7th or 8th best league in the world
Don't sleep on Brandon Vazques, he's been tearing it up with FC Cinci. No shot Zardes makes the roster

One thing to keep in mind are injuries. For example, McKennie is injured now and if that lingers they may have to take an extra midfielder at the expense of a forward.

One thing to keep in mind are injuries. For example, McKennie is injured now and if that lingers they may have to take an extra midfielder at the expense of a forward.
Brendan Aaronson could play wing or the 8 prolly in a pinch so that helps.

Or Dike who’s looking strong and fit.
Dike is like the JJ Moore or Greg Cross of the USMNT to Pitt fans. I did forget about him though. Never heard of the Cincy guy but you always have someone off the radar make it. Matthew Hoppe has been linked to Sunderland and Middlesborough so that's a possibility. Another guy no one has ever heard of is Alex Mighten from Nottingham Forest, though he's a winger. He was born in Connecticut but moved to England when he was 2 so he can represent either country. I would expect he makes the WC squad

A sergino Dest downgrade seems to be picking up steam. He could be leaving Barca and the UCL to play for Man United for ten Hag. I think Barca might have like 33-35 guys on the roster and have to get down to 25. Lots of work for them to do yet.

Another guy no one has ever heard of is Alex Mighten from Nottingham Forest, though he's a winger. He was born in Connecticut but moved to England when he was 2 so he can represent either country. I would expect he makes the WC squad

The reason that no one has heard of him is that he barely played for Nottingham. 692 total minutes last season in 23 matches, so basically the equivalent of less than 8 full games. And that was in the Championship.

Serious question, is there any reason to think that a guy who couldn't get on the field much last season in the Championship is going to get a ton of playing time this season in the Premier League?

The reason that no one has heard of him is that he barely played for Nottingham. 692 total minutes last season in 23 matches, so basically the equivalent of less than 8 full games. And that was in the Championship.

Serious question, is there any reason to think that a guy who couldn't get on the field much last season in the Championship is going to get a ton of playing time this season in the Premier League?
Highly unlikely he'll see meaningful minutes as Forest are on a post-promotion spending spree. He'll get minutes in the Moose Cup and FA Cup games though.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Highly unlikely he'll see meaningful minutes as Forest are on a post-promotion spending spree. He'll get minutes in the Moose Cup and FA Cup games though.
Dike playing at West Brom is intriguing because he fits the bill and West Brom will be competing for promotion in a very physical league. The only thing is that half the teams in the Championship aren’t much different than MLS. But hey, if MLS works for Ferreira…

Dike playing at West Brom is intriguing because he fits the bill and West Brom will be competing for promotion in a very physical league. The only thing is that half the teams in the Championship aren’t much different than MLS. But hey, if MLS works for Ferreira…
The Championship is quite a bit better than MLS

The Championship is quite a bit better than MLS

The teams at the bottom of the Championship are not nearly as good as the best MLS teams. Not even close.

If you put all the MLS and Championship teams in one league most of the MLS teams would be squashed in the middle. The best MLS teams aren't as good as the best Championship teams. Only the very worst MLS teams are as bad as the worst Championship teams.

Steffen let in 3 today. 4 against in 2 games.
Horvath has conceded 2 in 2 games

and I just watched the highlights of Middlesbrough-QPR, goals 2 and 3 were poor for QPR. Steffen should do better.

what’s was once a strength has turned into a worry with the national team

Last edited by a moderator:
Steffen let in 3 today. 4 against in 2 games.
Horvath has conceded 2 in 2 games

and I just watched the highlights of Middlesbrough-QPR, goals 2 and 3 were poor for QPR. Steffen should do better.

what’s was once a strength has turned into a worry with the national team
Lol. The one was so bad that my only reaction is the sun had to be in his eyes. Lol.

Lol. The one was so bad that my only reaction is the sun had to be in his eyes. Lol.
And in typical “I blew it” fashion, Steffen runs right to the official. Note how many other Middlesbrough players followed him…..Nil

So much for Dike. He sustained a thigh injury and looks to be out 3 months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT