ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT best XI

So much for Dike. He sustained a thigh injury and looks to be out 3 months.
Sad for him. I think I'm fully on the Brandon Vazquez train now. I think/hope we bring Vazquez Ferriera and Pefok.

Sad for him. I think I'm fully on the Brandon Vazquez train now. I think/hope we bring Vazquez Ferriera and Pefok.
Please tell me about Vazquez, this is the first time I'm hearing his name. I just Wikipedia'd him and read the basics. Strengths, weaknesses. Thanks.

I admittedly don't know much about the MLS.

I really don't know what Derp should do about the forward position. I just know he should not include Zardes in any discussions.

Other than that, seems like a roll of the dice each international window.

Please tell me about Vazquez, this is the first time I'm hearing his name. I just Wikipedia'd him and read the basics. Strengths, weaknesses. Thanks.

I really don't know what Derp should do about the forward position. I just know he should not include Zardes in any discussions.

Admittedly I don't that much about him either, but from I've seen he's a big striker that has good hold up play, really good passing and is good in the air. Doesn't hurt that he's in second place for the MLS golden boot race. Seems like he just lacks pace a bit. There's a decent highlight video of him on youtube.

Admittedly I don't that much about him either, but from I've seen he's a big striker that has good hold up play, really good passing and is good in the air. Doesn't hurt that he's in second place for the MLS golden boot race. Seems like he just lacks pace a bit. There's a decent highlight video of him on youtube.
Well you can never argue with size and an aerial threat. Sounds like he has some good attributes and he puts the ball in the back of the net. Good form always helps.

Thanks for the quick info.

Reactions: 121rum

Yeah I’ve never once watched an FC Cincinnati match and don’t intend on it.

Yeah I’ve never once watched an FC Cincinnati match and don’t intend on it.
He's 2nd in goals. It's a 26 man roster. There's always guys who come out of nowhere to earn a spot like Yedlin, Edson Buddle, Hercules Gomez, etc. He might be an MLS hero/Wondo/Zardes type guy and we have no strikers so he probably makes it

FUNdTYoWAAYAmy2
What do you guys think ?
So now that Dest is looking more and more like a Man United signing, we might have a starting lineup of 7 players who play in the best league in the world?

Jedi, Turner, Richards, Dest, Adams, Aaronson, Pulisic

in the 2000’s when Spain had the best league, how many of our boys played there? Any?

In the 1990’s when Italy had the best league, how many of our boys played there?

Between the sticks could end up being this teams serious weak spot. Turner will get minimal minutes between now and Qatar. Steffen has looked extremely average at Middlesbrough and Horvath has been a little better than average at Luton.

Could Sean Johnson make his way into the top spot?

I always thought him and Bill Hamid would take the torch from Guzan and Howard. Hamid just completely fell off the cliff into the abyss of nothing. Johnson seemed to have leveled out.

That is true. Should he do you think? @sjerzpitt2 ?

Should he be on the team? Sure he should. I mean not necessarily as a starter, but as a veteran backup that if you have injuries or guys not playing well you can put out on the field and know what you are likely to get from him.

He also seems to be the kind of guy that if you tell him ahead of time what his role is going to be he'll have no problem accepting that and won't cause trouble if he doesn't play. Which on teams like that can be a big deal.

Josh Sargent putting himself back in the conversation. I think he’s playing the #9 now and has (I think) 3 goals in 2 games.

Josh Sargent putting himself back in the conversation. I think he’s playing the #9 now and has (I think) 3 goals in 2 games.

He got to play the nine because that Pukki dude that they played at the nine all year last season got hurt. I noticed earlier today that Pukki was back on the bench at the start of the game today, so it's a good sign that they left Sargent at the nine rather than moving him back out to the wing.

I didn't see the goals from today, but his goal last weekend was a header on a ball crossed into the middle of the box.

He got to play the nine because that Pukki dude that they played at the nine all year last season got hurt. I noticed earlier today that Pukki was back on the bench at the start of the game today, so it's a good sign that they left Sargent at the nine rather than moving him back out to the wing.

I didn't see the goals from today, but his goal last weekend was a header on a ball crossed into the middle of the box.
His one goal is all over twitter. People are overreacting…. It was a right footed shot near side as he sprinted into the box. It was fine. I haven’t seen the other one.

His one goal is all over twitter. People are overreacting…. It was a right footed shot near side as he sprinted into the box. It was fine. I haven’t seen the other one.

I found them both on twitter. The first goal was a nice one-two with a teammate that shook him free for a good opportunity in the box.

On the second one, I think the whole play was really good, starting from the clearance in their own box. The goal was nice, but I don't think it was the best part of the play.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think the best work he does here is holding off the two defenders at midfield until a couple of his teammates could catch up to the play.

That is true. Should he do you think? @sjerzpitt2 ?
No because Derp has proven in the past that he doesn't know how to use Ream. He put him at LB when he is a CB. Tried to have him cover ground against younger and speedier wingers.

So no, I don't think Ream should be there in Qatar because it will cost the U.S. because Captain Dipshit won't play him in his natural CB position.

• Haha
Not sure if Millwall is a English version of an MLS team or not, but this is good regardless.

So now that Dest is looking more and more like a Man United signing, we might have a starting lineup of 7 players who play in the best league in the world?

Jedi, Turner, Richards, Dest, Adams, Aaronson, Pulisic

in the 2000’s when Spain had the best league, how many of our boys played there? Any?

In the 1990’s when Italy had the best league, how many of our boys played there?
But that doesn't necessarily mean you are a WC contender. Lets say France or Spain or Greece had 7 NBA players on their FIBA World Cup rosters, doesn't mean they can hang with the American team necessarily

Although Greece did beat LeBron, Melo, Coach K and the Boyz in the 2006 WC, with I think one NBA player :)

Announcers still use his old name:

Yeah I saw that yesterday against Leipzig. I wanted to see if he outperformed Timo Werner on the other side but I hevent looked yet.

Our #9’s are scoring in leagues all over the world. but obviously we don’t have a Harry Kane or a Benziema. It’s starting to appear the Derp, as he’s been called here, will have an opportunity to have 3 guys at a position who aren’t pylons.

Saw Brandon Vazquez and Miazga last night as Cincinnati played the NY Red Bulls.

Miazga had the opening goal on a header and then had to be a clown and take the ball, hide it under his shirt and gesture to the crowd. My 10 year old daughter said he seems like a punk.

Vazquez certainly looks the part physically. A tall, strong specimen of a player. Appeared to have good speed but was a non-factor in the game last night. Didn’t exude “world-class” to me but that’s just one game. Just another MLS guy on the field last night.

One Red Bulls player to keep an eye on down the road (not for WC) for the USMNT pool is John Tolkin. He’s an NJ kid who just turned 20 and they play him as an outside back. Has good footwork, really good passing and just seems super confident on the field like the game speed doesn’t affect him (granted it’s MLS). Moves from box to box well and also adept at attacking (like a mid, not a striker). He takes their corners and set pieces. Only about 5’7 so that might work against him slightly compared to some of the other USMNT outside back options.

Saw Brandon Vazquez and Miazga last night as Cincinnati played the NY Red Bulls.

Miazga had the opening goal on a header and then had to be a clown and take the ball, hide it under his shirt and gesture to the crowd. My 10 year old daughter said he seems like a punk.

Vazquez certainly looks the part physically. A tall, strong specimen of a player. Appeared to have good speed but was a non-factor in the game last night. Didn’t exude “world-class” to me but that’s just one game. Just another MLS guy on the field last night.

One Red Bulls player to keep an eye on down the road (not for WC) for the USMNT pool is John Tolkin. He’s an NJ kid who just turned 20 and they play him as an outside back. Has good footwork, really good passing and just seems super confident on the field like the game speed doesn’t affect him (granted it’s MLS). Moves from box to box well and also adept at attacking (like a mid, not a striker). He takes their corners and set pieces. Only about 5’7 so that might work against him slightly compared to some of the other USMNT outside back options.
I think Vazquez gets the Edson Buddle/Hercules Gomez spot

Get ready to slurp up that Bud Light after the England game. US will be 0-2.

Get ready to slurp up that Bud Light after the England game. US will be 0-2.
Probably right. But does England back 4 with Shaw, McGuire, TAA (the way he’s defending right now) and Chillwell -who can’t even get on the field for Chelsea? Not to mention Pickford in goal. I’m biased because I watch Chelsea and not many games outside of England…but for my money Reece James is the best LB in football. I’d be starting him over Trent if I were Southgate.

Probably right. But does England back 4 with Shaw, McGuire, TAA (the way he’s defending right now) and Chillwell -who can’t even get on the field for Chelsea? Not to mention Pickford in goal. I’m biased because I watch Chelsea and not many games outside of England…but for my money Reece James is the best LB in football. I’d be starting him over Trent if I were Southgate.
I bet they'd start Walker. England does not scare me as much as they did when the draw happened. They're backline looks a little leaky, and I think they're front 3 is incredibly overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT