ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT best XI

@sjerzpitt2

I thought I heard Fulham was looking at upgrading their LB position? Did they sign anyone? This guy seems fine…

@sjerzpitt2

I thought I heard Fulham was looking at upgrading their LB position? Did they sign anyone? This guy seems fine…

I don't think they were looking for a replacement, more for cover and depth. He still struggles with crossing the ball consistently.

Also Ream is easing his way into Club Legend status. It's only 4 games in but he is easily the rock on the back line. Well deserved team captain as well.

I looked up Folarin Balogun, the Arsenal kid on loan in Ligue 1. He has 3 goals in 3 appearances. He’s one to keep an eye on…maybe not for this WC but he just turned 21 .

Haji Wright scored two for Antalyaspor on Friday in a game his team lost 5-2.

Matthew Hoppe scored two on Friday, but he was playing in their U21 match. I don't know if that's because he's coming back from an injury or if they were just trying to get him some playing time, because he has played as a sub twice for the full side this season. Plus he is only 21, so he may not even be considered an overage player for their U21 team.

Our man Siebatcheu or Pefok or Jordan or Mr. X or whatever the frack we are supposed to call him had two assists for Union Berlin yesterday.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Sorry. Not ready to say Pefok is better than David yet but…

Lots of good news. And Aaronson at Leeds is playing lights out as well as you guys know…

Villareal is trying to convince Sergino Dest to go there on a season long loan. I don't know why he wouldn't want that, other than for some reason he seemed to prefer Man U. Which now seems basically dead.

Fantastic moves for both dest and pepi, a lot of players are making smart decisions with their moves this transfer period

And he didn't even start. Came on as a sub in the 23rd for an injured teammate.
On XM yesterday, I heard one pundit from Italy say that Weston changed the game. And not just because of the goal but his presence alone changed everything. Then I heard another guy later say that he looked fat., whatever that means. But perhaps he’s not too fit coming off injury. But at the same time I’m not sure how you impact a game vs PSG if you’re fat and out of shape.

he has 2 months to get into game shape.

Yikes. Hate to say this but it looks like Pepi is going the way of Sargent. Promising young strikers who couldn't cut it at the top level. Similar to Altidore also.
Disagree. Josh Sargent, imo, is still a promising young striker. Also both them made awful club decisions. You can't develop as a striker when you go to terrible clubs that generate zero chances, and both of them did that. Bremen, PL Norwich and Augsburg were/are all terrible.

Disagree. Josh Sargent, imo, is still a promising young striker. Also both them made awful club decisions. You can't develop as a striker when you go to terrible clubs that generate zero chances, and both of them did that. Bremen, PL Norwich and Augsburg were/are all terrible.
Sargent seems to be having a good year in the Championship. You’re right about Norwich. Being in a relegation battle in the EPL and then playing out of position there was rough. But now in a lower league playing the #9 might get him another call up to our National team.

Miles Robinson got arrested for drinking a shot and refusing/failing to pay for it. What a dumb dumb.

If, at 22, you can't cut it in a big league, you won't be world class. Could Sargent be a Morris or Zardes some day? Sure.

Sargent is already better than Morris or Zardes. If Morris hadn't gotten hurt then that might be a different story, but unfortunately for him he did.

At 22 Jamie Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels FC. Three years later, at 25, he signed with Leicester, who at the time was in the Championship. He was 27 years old when he played his first game in the Premier League, and he only scored five goals in 36 apperances that season.

He's scored 126 Premier League goals since then, which is surely one of the highest totals of any player since then.

But yeah, clearly since he was playing in the 7th or 8th level of English football as a 22 year old he's never been world class.

Or, well, you know the story by now.

If, at 22, you can't cut it in a big league, you won't be world class. Could Sargent be a Morris or Zardes some day? Sure.
Sorry. I strongly disagree. In many, many cases, playing the #9 is like a goalie in hockey. Often strikers have their best years while in their 30’s. I am no way saying Sargent is going to be a good one. I lean the other way. But it’s way too early.

Sargent is already better than Morris or Zardes. If Morris hadn't gotten hurt then that might be a different story, but unfortunately for him he did.

At 22 Jamie Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels FC. Three years later, at 25, he signed with Leicester, who at the time was in the Championship. He was 27 years old when he played his first game in the Premier League, and he only scored five goals in 36 apperances that season.

He's scored 126 Premier League goals since then, which is surely one of the highest totals of any player since then.

But yeah, clearly since he was playing in the 7th or 8th level of English football as a 22 year old he's never been world class.

Vardy is like the once in a lifetime example. That's the equivalent of saying stars don't matter in football because Aaron Donald was a 2 star. You'd be hard pressed to find another example of a 22 year old who was terrible (by an EPL standard) at that age but became world class.

Vardy is like the once in a lifetime example. That's the equivalent of saying stars don't matter in football because Aaron Donald was a 2 star. You'd be hard pressed to find another example of a 22 year old who was terrible (by an EPL standard) at that age but became world class.
Are we now expecting Josh Sargent to be world class? World class means that he can start or play on any team in the world and that’s a high standard to hold someone to. Let’s try not to compare him to Ronaldo or Rooney. Even a guy like Harry Kane was at Norwich at 21 on loan and had 3 appearances and 0 goals. Then at 22 he was back at Tottenham with 0 goals or appearances. Granted by 23 and 24 he was pumping in goals…but my point remains, give Sargent a couple more years to see what he develops into. Is he even gonna be like a Patrick Bamford? Probably not. He doesn’t have that pedigree and didn’t grow up in a chelsea academy. But he could. Let’s not compare him yet to your average American jabroni.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I'm just saying 22 is still very young and strikers take longer to develop. If he played on a team that actually generated chances in a big league, I 100% thing he could cut it. Bremen and Norwich in the PL were both AWFUL and thats a terrible situation for a young striker.

Kevin De Bruyne would also like a word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT