his staff are building on that.
The players seem to be buying
in to what the coaches are
stressing. They've definitely
improved their D during this
season.

Last edited:
All about communication and help D.
Yep. Agree. Recognition, awareness, preparation and anticipation. Spacing and calling out screens and making the timely switches has been much better lately than earlier in the year.

And having Fede as a praying mantis-like presence underneath has helped, too. Shot blocker/shot alterer.
Quite a nice deterrent.

He’s learning as well. Doing a better job of staying out of foul trouble and keeping himself in the court instead of on the bench.

DT - As the ACC network play-by-play announcers were signing off right after last night’s game, one of them enthusiastically said: “Pitt is back!”

Or he might have said “Pittsburgh is back!”Either way, I’m hoping that proclamation doesn’t doom us…😊

Go Pitt.

DT - As the ACC network play-by-play announcers were signing off right after last night’s game, one of them enthusiastically said: “Pitt is back!”

Or he might have said “Pittsburgh is back!”Either way, I’m hoping that proclamation doesn’t doom us…😊

Go Pitt.
Only if DT does it.

Reactions: gary2
I turned the television on when I got home last night for a few minutes before I went to bed and just happened to catch ESPN showing highlights of the game. They put up the stat, we have won our last two games against ranked teams. Our record in our previous 27 games against ranked teams was 2-25.

Reactions: Drew1208
I turned the television on when I got home last night for a few minutes before I went to bed and just happened to catch ESPN showing highlights of the game. They put up the stat, we have won our last two games against ranked teams. Our record in our previous 27 games against ranked teams was 2-25.

Just for fun, the last time we won two straight games against ranked teams was 2013-2014 season when we beat Syracuse and Cincinnati, but a win over unranked Seton Hall was in the middle of those games.

The last time we won consecutive games against ranked teams was in 2011 when we beat #25 West Virginia in Morgantown followed by the defeat of #9 Villanova at the FInneran Pavilion on College Game Night. The Panthers managed to win both games without the services of leading scorer Ashton Gibbs. Without Ashton, we only hit one three pointer in each game (both times by Tray Woodall), but we played some really tough basketball to pull out the wins.

After the Nova game, they interviewed DIxon and he gave one of my favorite quotes of the era. When asked how his team was able to defeat the Wildcats he said: "Our Philly kids played like Philly kids."

Reactions: cabe23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT