ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia

Yea that’s complete bullshit. They beat them head to head and finished much better then they did and have a better NET. Pitt is taking one up the rear here big time.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Begs the question: ACC got 5 teams, if UNC beats NC St, does Pitt get in then? Or do they only give the ACC 4?

Virginia has a better resume and a better overall body of work. That isn't even questionable.

I'm not arguing Virginia deserves to be in the tournament. But their resume is better than Pitt's.

Capel needs to find big men for next season, if all they can do is play defense and rebound.

What they have now is just unacceptable, it’s amazing they won as many games as they did this season

I wish people would look at it differently. We know Pitt wasn’t going to win the title this year, neither will any of these bubble teams.

Pitt needs to improve their roster so they won’t be sitting around nervous on selection sunday.

I pretty much knew the committee would screw Pitt over if given the opportunity a few weeks ago

Virginia has a better resume and a better overall body of work. That isn't even questionable.

I'm not arguing Virginia deserves to be in the tournament. But their resume is better than Pitt's.
No it’s not better it’s not even close. They beat them head to head. Don’t play the games then. Pick teams based on head coaches then which is what they clearly did with Bennett and Virginia’s recent history.

I wish people would look at it differently. We know Pitt wasn’t going to win the title this year, neither will any of these bubble teams.

Pitt needs to improve their roster so they won’t be sitting around nervous on selection sunday.

I pretty much knew the committee would screw Pitt over if given the opportunity a few weeks ago
It appears strictly to be punishment for our out of conference schedule

If it would have been harder, even if we lost another game, maybe even two, we get in.

That reasoning is just F ing ridiculous.

No. Pitt's final NET rating was 40 and Virginia's was 55.

Reactions: gary2
No it’s not better it’s not even close. They beat them head to head. Don’t play the games then. Pick teams based on head coaches then which is what they clearly did with Bennett and Virginia’s recent history.
Tell that to Clemson last year. Virginia was 10/10 q1/2 with no bad losses. And a win over Florida. It sucks. But not unreasonable.

Haha. Now your talking Quads and metrics. Pitt's NET last year was in the 60s. Look at the records, look at the OOC schedule, and look at the results instead of the computer nerd BS.

The head to head is really the only thing in Pitt's favor.

Irrelevant, because the purpose of the tournament is to determine a champion. And Pitt, nor UVA have any realistic chance of cutting down nets in April.

Last edited:

If it would have been harder, even if we lost another game, maybe even two, we get in.

That may very well be true, but if so, that’s the one thing you can’t really get pissed about. We decide our NC schedule, good thing to see the committee penalize schools for scheduling cupcakes.

That may very well be true, but if so, that’s the one thing you can’t really get pissed about. We decide our NC schedule, good thing to see the committee penalize schools for scheduling cupcakes.
Agree (to some extent)

Bottom line - Capel underestimated his team.

Scheduled for best record possible, thinking we would not make the tournament.

Agree (to some extent)

Bottom line - Capel underestimated his team.

Scheduled for best record possible, thinking we would not make the tournament.
So if Pitt scheduled more tough occ games and had a 19-14 record do you think they get in? They wouldn’t even be the first four teams out. It’s all bullshit

Reactions: bwh05
Clemson 22 overall is the biggest whiff of all time. Got rolled vs BC in the tourney also

Seems like St. John’s may have a bigger gripe than Pitt.

KenPom: 26, NET: 32

The exclusion of them could have been a personal attack against Pitino

Last edited:

Totally disagree. But Im not sure you are even really a Pitt fan so I'm not really interested in debating it. Check out the sheets. The only metric they have better than us is Net Non conference schedule rating. We beat them everywhere else. St John's did as well. Believe me they are a very unimpressive tournament team. But hey they gamed their non conference schedule so kudos to them.

Last edited:
Haha. Now your talking Quads and metrics. Pitt's NET last year was in the 60s. Look at the records, look at the OOC schedule, and look at the results instead of the computer nerd BS.

The head to head is really the only thing in Pitt's favor.

Irrelevant, because the purpose of the tournament is to determine a champion. And Pitt, nor UVA have any realistic chance of cutting down nets in April.
Get real jerk. If that is your argument, then a 12 team tournament would be enough. I'm not even sure there are 12 teams that actually have a chance to win it all.

Yet, we would have been in if not for all the bid stealers.

Pitt would've been a fun team to watch in the tournament and they took care of business down the stretch. I thought they earned a spot.

No, they don't.

On the computers:

NET: Pitt 40, UVA 55
BPI: Pitt 33, UVA 45

Road record:

Pitt 7-4
UVA 4-7

Head to Head:

Pitt 74
UVA 63
* at UVA

UVA had the better OOC schedule strength, but Pitt had the better overall schedule strength (we played Duke and UNC twice each).

UVA has "pedigree". That's the only reason they're in.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT