ADVERTISEMENT

VT game Critical for Narduzzi's career at PITT

Still a big game!
Playing a probably ranked Virginia Tech team in an iconic venue on their senior day and final home game for Bud.
Going to Blacksburg with 20 other Pitt fans.
Excited for a great atmosphere!

Will be down there with 10 others. Going to be a tough game for many reasons, but still 50/50 imo. H2P

Big game for sure. Depending upon the game time I may go

VT has looked much better as the season has progressed. In addition to bud fosters last game in Blacksburg. You have to think VT is sill stinging over the ass whooping Pitt out on them last year.

KP and company will have to come up with another big effort

Reactions: daminals76
We always seem to ruin good VTech seasons, going back to the Walt years. Hoping that trend continues

Still a big game!
Playing a probably ranked Virginia Tech team in an iconic venue on their senior day and final home game for Bud.
Going to Blacksburg with 20 other Pitt fans.
Excited for a great atmosphere!

Agreed.

To win, we must:

1. No turnovers.
2. NO STUPID PENALTIES!
3. Catch the ball!!!!
4. No missed tackles. If I am Narduzzi, I play the 13-9 game against WVU in 2007 for the players to watch. That was a clinic on how to tackle
5. Get the ball into the hands of your playmakers (if they don’t drop it).
7. Protect Pickett

Basically it’s all fundamentals...

Reactions: Farnox
Agreed.

To win, we must:

1. No turnovers.
2. NO STUPID PENALTIES!
3. Catch the ball!!!!
4. No missed tackles. If I am Narduzzi, I play the 13-9 game against WVU in 2007 for the players to watch. That was a clinic on how to tackle
7. Protect Pickett

If KP and company play like they did against UNC they will win

Agreed.

To win, we must:

1. No turnovers.
2. NO STUPID PENALTIES!
3. Catch the ball!!!!
7. Protect Pickett

So, basically, you’re telling us we got no chance whatsoever? :)

Go Pitt.

VTs pass defense is ranked 87 in the country. KP and company have to take care of this

On D they have to stop the Qb on the read option. They get a lot of yards from the QB. If Pitt can limit VT in the ground I think the D should be able to hold them to less than 20.

I like the fact that Pitts passing game and KP got back on Track

Agreed.

To win, we must:

1. No turnovers.
2. NO STUPID PENALTIES!
3. Catch the ball!!!!
7. Protect Pickett

No targeting a

The referees concern me. I believe the ACC would love to see VT vs. UVA for the Coastal Crown as the night headliner game on ABC.

If you are in to referee and conference conspiracy, here is why it may work out for Pitt:

ACC wants to Pitt to win against VT because then it gives the potential of 2 games the following week to decide the Coastal. If Pitt wins, then they will want VT to beat UVA on Friday, so that you will still need to watch Pitt/BC on Saturday to decide the coastal.

I know I'm grasping at straws, but man it feels good to be playing meaningful football in November for a second year in a row.

The referees concern me. I believe the ACC would love to see VT vs. UVA for the Coastal Crown as the night headliner game on ABC.
There were people that felt we were cheated the most last week. I know there was a game even worse this year.

Count on several PI and offensive holding calls against us in this game. We will definitely have to beat Tech and the officials.

It would be great if we can land Bermudez plus already having Royal and Sellers committed at S. We seem to be lacking in quality safety depth and that would a very good group plus a few FR/RS-FR that hopefully pan out.

Beyond Ford (assuming he returns) there’s not any starter level safety in the upperclassmen (jr/sr) IMO for 2021.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
If KP and company play like they did against UNC they will win
Not unless they’re better in the red zone. Kicked 2 FGs and missed one all from inside the 10.

You have to get in the end zone when you’re down there. The offense was barely good enough to get us into OT against a 4 win team, it will have to be better against VT.

Not unless they’re better in the red zone. Kicked 2 FGs and missed one all from inside the 10.

You have to get in the end zone when you’re down there. The offense was barely good enough to get us into OT against a 4 win team, it will have to be better against VT.
Best 4-win team in America. Kidding aside they played Clemson tough and had some close calls.

Whenever we have beaten VT, we have been able to run the ball consistently. You can go all the way back to Kevan Barlow and Brandon Miree for Pitt TBs who have had big games against them. Last season, Ollison and Hall ran all over them.

The one exception to that was 2003, when we won 31-28. Rutherford had a huge game throwing the ball to Fitz.

if we beat them this year, it will have to be through the air and not on the ground.

Reactions: Pittropolis
See....the more you WIN, the conference games become your "Big Games" and attendance draws!!

We dont need to schedule P5 teams OOC and pretend they are "big games" when they really aren't.

Agreed.

To win, we must:

1. No turnovers.
2. NO STUPID PENALTIES!
3. Catch the ball!!!!
7. Protect Pickett

If I'm Narduzzi and Whipple I would think one step ahead of Bud Foster. Foster knows Pitt won't run for 192 let alone 492 yards this year. He will assume Pitt will gear their gameplan around the passing game this year. Duzz and Whipple will need to play chess and come up with a run game wrinkle to counter what I fully expect to be a nickel or dime look on every snap. Face it, Pitt's OL is incapable of pounding VT into submission like last year and Foster and Whipple know this, but perhaps there is a variation on jet sweeps or the wildcat or the read option we could unroll. I have zero faith that the simpleton dive, zone or power game (pulling guard) out of 11, 12 or 21 personnel will amount to anything. Want proof? Watch any power we ran vs Miami or UNC to see how slow the pulling guards were.

Bingo has been called.

Does Narduzzi calling out the officials put a bigger target on PITT or a plea to the league for fair play this week resulting in a fair officiated game?

VT is not that much better than NC if at all. In fact I think VTs pass defense is ranked behind NCs
incorrect. And VT ranks much higher in total D.

My concern with VT is they've been playing a lot better lately than they were earlier this season. They seem to have rallied around Fuente when his seat started to get really hot. This is a road game in a tough environment and Pitt can't afford to be be as sloppy as they typically are with unforced penalties, poor use of timeouts, and red zone offense. This has been an undisciplined team to be generous about it.

I think if we can play pretty clean mistake-wise and the offense can finish on possessions inside the 10 with TDs instead of FGs we should win.

VT is a hit or miss this season, they have some nice wins,but also a questionable blowout loss to duke, both teams are pretty matched up across the board, as long as we dont get double digit PI calls against us we have a chance

Reactions: PittPanthers90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT