ADVERTISEMENT

Wade

Here is the bottom line - the only people that can make a good decision on Wade reside in the Pitt locker room. If the players on the Pitt team like Wade and would welcome him, then do it. On the other hand, if guys like Hamlin, Ford, etc. say WTF is this I am transferring. Then you absolutely do not bring him. He is a decent player, but was never a 5 star caliber player because of his height and lack of elite speed.

You never let the locker room decide who you recruit and who you don't.

He may want to move closer to home because of his baby that was born last summer. In that case I strongly believe he will end up at WVU. If not, Duquesne and Robert Morris are also options...Pitt is not an option.

You definitely take him if possible

This would really help recruiting in the Clairton and McKeesport area. This is a 5 star that didn't pan out at PSU. If he becomes successful at PITT then it's a slap in the face to Terry Smith. We need something to slow him down. To score Devonshire and Wade in 1 year would be huge. The coach at Clairton, Mr. Wayne Wade (relative), might be more aggressive in the future to send his recruits our way. It would be wonderful to send his last two great recruits to the NFL

Reactions: BigBird80 and Chaos
You definitely take him if possible

This would really help recruiting in the Clairton and McKeesport area. This is a 5 star that didn't pan out at PSU. If he becomes successful at PITT then it's a slap in the face to Terry Smith. We need something to slow him down. To score Devonshire and Wade in 1 year would be huge. The coach at Clairton, Mr. Wayne Wade (relative), might be more aggressive in the future to send his recruits our way. It would be wonderful to send his last two great recruits to the NFL

We've had several Clariton kids play and do well at Pitt. I don't see how this helps the area. We haven't had a problem recruiting that School.

McKeesport felt that pitt didn't recruit their school very hard. At least in the past 10-15 years. That's what I was always told by their coaches and some of the alumni.

Another thing you have to factor in is scholarship numbers. You have 85 ‘ships, and cannot bring in every guy that enters the transfer portal.

Last edited:
He's actually 3rd on depth chart if next season started today. Taylor is a lock to start and redshirt freshman Johnathan Sutherland took the majority of the next man up snaps when Scott or Taylor were out of the game.

The overwhelming majority of Wade's snaps this year were on special teams. I don't think there was a game where he actually played more than 10 snaps at safety.

That certainly is a good spin, but fact checking of course you arent correct (gasp, a penn state is exaggerating)

2017 Wade was in 23% of all snaps, and I stopped checking but this year, App state he was in 16 snaps, Kent state 14, Pitt 19 , Illinois 12... all at safety, special teams not included.

Reactions: Vetch and FireballZ
We've had several Clariton kids play and do well at Pitt. I don't see how this helps the area. We haven't had a problem recruiting that School.

McKeesport felt that pitt didn't recruit their school very hard. At least in the past 10-15 years. That's what I was always told by their coaches and some of the alumni.

Would you take him at PITT?

That certainly is a good spin, but fact checking of course you arent correct (gasp, a penn state is exaggerating)

2017 Wade was in 23% of all snaps, and I stopped checking but this year, App state he was in 16 snaps, Kent state 14, Pitt 19 , Illinois 12... all at safety, special teams not included.

Of PSU's 908 defensive snaps, Wade played 127 of them which is 14%. You might want to double check those facts. 7 DB's got more snaps than him in 2018.

Of PSU's 908 defensive snaps, Wade played 127 of them which is 14%. You might want to double check those facts. 7 DB's got more snaps than him in 2018.

Why would I double check facts that are accurate? I got it from PSUs site. You can look up the games I mentioned, they are all accurate, as are the 2017 stats

I see you answered spin with some of your own by including the most lopsided scores of the season where the bench was emptied.

But to break it down more.....

Appy State: 16 out of 80 snaps
Pitt: 20 out of 71 plays
Kent State: 14 out of 81 snaps
Illinois: 12 out of 80 snaps

62 out of 312....or 20% of snaps

Here are his snaps for rest of season

Ohio State: 2 out of 78 snaps
Michigan State: 10 out of 88 snaps
Indiana: 7 out of 99 snaps
Iowa: 9 out of 89 snaps
Michigan: 7 out of 70 snaps
Wisconsin: 2 out of 58 snaps
Rutgers: 4 out of 73 snaps
Maryland: 7 out of 60 snaps
Kentucky: 3 out of 57 snaps

Totals 51 out of 672 .....or 7.5% of the snaps.

Season totals: 113 out of 984....or 11% of the snaps.

His decrease in utilization is in contrast to Sutherland's increase over the 2nd half...so it's not hard to say Sutherland has the edge in head to head if the season started today and they were battling for the other safety spot opposite Taylor (who everyone agrees is a lock).

I see you answered spin with some of your own by including the most lopsided scores of the season where the bench was emptied.

Season totals: 113 out of 984....or 11% of the snaps.

His decrease in utilization is in contrast to Sutherland's increase over the 2nd half...so it's not hard to say Sutherland has the edge in head to head if the season started today and they were battling for the other safety spot opposite Taylor (who everyone agrees is a lock).

So what???

Did you forget why my post was there? To show you were wrong. He played 4 games of over 10 snaps. he played early in those games, and dont flatter yourself, you should have lost to app st.

Anyways, he was a valued recruit and someone you were banking on. Just because your staff turned a 5 star into a bench player who transferred doesnt mean we have to read your post on our board defending ... something?? I still dont know what.

Did you really come to the Pitt board to say none of the guys that transferred mean anything to you and who cares? I can tell you I dont care either. But who may care is the next 5 star recruit from the Pittsburgh area.

So what???

Did you forget why my post was there? To show you were wrong. He played 4 games of over 10 snaps. he played early in those games, and dont flatter yourself, you should have lost to app st.

Anyways, he was a valued recruit and someone you were banking on. Just because your staff turned a 5 star into a bench player who transferred doesnt mean we have to read your post on our board defending ... something?? I still dont know what.

Did you really come to the Pitt board to say none of the guys that transferred mean anything to you and who cares? I can tell you I dont care either. But who may care is the next 5 star recruit from the Pittsburgh area.

No.....I like Wade, a lot, and think his upside is still there no matter where he goes. The original post I responded to was to the notion that he was transferring out when he looked to be a starter next year. That's a reach in the here and now.

Recency bias in his snap counts aside, it's also pretty obvious that something was not clicking in his game as the season went along and he fell behind Sutherland when you look at the same numbers.

Probably not. I liked him as a rb out of hs but I just never saw the defensive ability that got him rated.

He was the psu version of Saddler. Hype man... barks a lot... his bite.... uh...

Agree on D. Lots of talk little to back it up.

Why would I double check facts that are accurate? I got it from PSUs site. You can look up the games I mentioned, they are all accurate, as are the 2017 stats
His snaps dropped drastically from his freshman to sophomore season. Probably because he got a lot of garbage time snaps his freshman year as there were more blowouts in 2017 than there were in 2018.

Reactions: Gondel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT