ADVERTISEMENT

Wake is 3-0 in February but has dropped 4 spots to Q3

Ohio State is 11-14 and look like dog crap, but yet they are ranked 53. The NET is extremely flawed. There are numerous Big 10 and Big East teams that are overrated.
What irks me to no end is it seems if we win a close game even against a top 20 team our NET hardly moves and can even go down smh. It's ridiculous. Why should damn blowouts effect anything for the committee to make NCAA Tournament decisions? Win by 30 NET goes up 14 points, it's a joke.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
What irks me to no end is it seems if we win a close game even against a top 20 team our NET hardly moves and can even go down smh. It's ridiculous. Why should damn blowouts effect anything for the committee to make NCAA Tournament decisions? Win by 30 NET goes up 14 points, it's a joke.

I think anything that encourages teams to win by as much as possible is super flawed. What about resting your starters for the last 5-8 minutes and winning by 20 as opposed to 30?

Any system that gives Clemson (or any team) a reward for winning by 40 instead of winning by 20 is a broken system that should be tossed in the trash.

There has to be a point of diminishing returns in the formula.

I agree (gulp) with SMF: Once the advanced analytics say you have a 99.99% of winning the game, everything that happens after that should be discounted. If you're up by 30 with 10 minutes to go - then anything that happens in that next 10 minutes tells you absolutely NOTHING about either team.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Any system that gives Clemson (or any team) a reward for winning by 40 instead of winning by 20 is a broken system that should be tossed in the trash.

There has to be a point of diminishing returns in the formula.

I agree (gulp) with SMF: Once the advanced analytics say you have a 99.99% of winning the game, everything that happens after that should be discounted. If you're up by 30 with 10 minutes to go - then anything that happens in that next 10 minutes tells you absolutely NOTHING about either team.
Yeah I mean if we didn't pull the starters out with about 5 minutes to go and keep pulling them out we would have beat BC by 28-30. And our NET would be better. It's ridiculous.

Didn't the old RPI have something where you didn't get any more credit if you beat a team by more than 20 points? In other words, max credit was a 20 point margin of victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT