ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Greatest B Level Actor 70's & 80's

Hopper and Paxton aren’t exactly “B List”
Sure they are.. B list does not mean bad actors it means not usually a headliner of a movie or huge stars. When you have Paul Newman or Robert Redford or Clint Eastwood as A listers Hopper and Paxton not in that class..

Sure they are.. B list does not mean bad actors it means not usually a headliner of a movie or huge stars. When you have Paul Newman or Robert Redford or Clint Eastwood as A listers Hopper and Paxton not in that class..

Hopper was an award winning actor. Paxton was a lead in Twister.

Hopper was an award winning actor. Paxton was a lead in Twister.
Hopper was an award winning actor...the guy from the Farmers' Insurance commercials, J K Simmons, won an Academy award for best supporting actor (something Hopper never achieved) so I guess he is an A lister also...Hopper was a good actor but not a guy you build a blockbuster around. Example, Hoosiers. Hackman A lister. Hopper B lister.

Twister? Right up there with some of the classics in our time...

Hopper was an award winning actor...the guy from the Farmers' Insurance commercials, J K Simmons, won an Academy award for best supporting actor (something Hopper never achieved) so I guess he is an A lister also...Hopper was a good actor but not a guy you build a blockbuster around. Example, Hoosiers. Hackman A lister. Hopper B lister.

Twister? Right up there with some of the classics in our time...
Yes but both Hopper and Paxton have been headliners. They may not be "A" list like a Hackman or Pacino, but those are rare.

I am thinking B list as someone like Jan Michael Vincent. Of which I did a Jan Michael Vincent Film Festival this weekend.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Yes but both Hopper and Paxton have been headliners. They may not be "A" list like a Hackman or Pacino, but those are rare.

I am thinking B list as someone like Jan Michael Vincent. Of which I did a Jan Michael Vincent Film Festival this weekend.
It’s hard to believe but there was a time when Jan Michael Vincent was a headliner in several movies, and a fairly solid member of the A List Club.

JMV was who came to my mind when I read the title.

Another was longtime Eastwood co-Star Geoffrey Lewis, father of Juliette Lewis.

EeOdgQcWAAElSfz.jpg

Reactions: pittmeister
John Cazale is #1 in this category. I'm not even sure it's close. Brilliant actor.
The thing about him is he was only in 3-4 movies, but among the greatest movies ever, Godfather I & 2 and then Deerhunter, then he died.

Reactions: 303vND
The thing about him is he was only in 3-4 movies, but among the greatest movies ever, Godfather I & 2 and then Deerhunter, then he died.
dog day afternoon as well which was kind of a dumb movie IMO but i think won awards. He played Fredo character in the godfather perfectly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT